Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlobaz791
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by darlobaz791 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:06 pm

Sousa for Holness
Maguire for Rivers
McMahon for Hedley

Salter, McMahon, Liddle, Storey, Hunt, Reid, Sousa, Wheatley, Maguire, Campbell, Charman

Subs Minter, Watson, Atkinson, Hatfield and Rivera

Lots of quality players not even making the 16 tonight showing strength in depth at the moment.

H1987
Posts: 1699
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by H1987 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:19 pm

Do Omar & Hedley have knocks? Seems odd they'd drop out of the first XI entirely. Maybe midweek work commitments?

A damned attack-minded team anyway. Alun clearly has three points on the mind tonight. We'll either win comfortably or take a beating!

tdk1
Posts: 2104
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by tdk1 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:20 pm

Suspect he's resting players after the weekend, and omar had less of a pre season than others, and hedley is just giving way to return of mcmahon and hatfield

barney rubble
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:16 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by barney rubble » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:01 pm

1-0 down after 10 mins, not the start we wanted.

sue_donym
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:39 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by sue_donym » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:07 pm

Matches like this when you see what a miss Hatfield is. Getting dominated in the middle and can't get our foot on the ball.

H1987
Posts: 1699
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by H1987 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:19 pm

Yeah, i'd expect to see Hatfield at HT at this rate. I was honestly a little concerned when I saw Hatfield on the bench and no Omar, when combined with so many attackers on the field... a bit of a recipe for getting overrun. It was going to go one way or the other.

sue_donym
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:39 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by sue_donym » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:21 pm

Aye. I'd be happy to go in 1-0 down to be honest and reshuffle at h/t. Sousa looking very bright though, first I've seen of him.

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 2112
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:23 pm

Be surprised if Boston can keep this tempo up. We should start to come more into it.

MB86DFC
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:50 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by MB86DFC » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:31 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:23 pm
Be surprised if Boston can keep this tempo up. We should start to come more into it.

I’d be surprised if they end up with 11 men the way they’re going. Really dirty.

sue_donym
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:39 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by sue_donym » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:34 pm

MB86DFC wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:31 pm
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:23 pm
Be surprised if Boston can keep this tempo up. We should start to come more into it.

I’d be surprised if they end up with 11 men the way they’re going. Really dirty.
Agreed, they're crafty as well mind they're sharing the fouls round.

Darlopartisan
Posts: 942
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:41 pm

Getting back into the game in the last 15 minutes, good chance for Reid keeper just got a hand to it

darlobaz791
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by darlobaz791 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:44 pm

I’d be bringing Will on if he’s fit enough probably for Maguire. Get Campbell, Sousa and Charman back as a front three

sue_donym
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:39 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by sue_donym » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:21 pm

Lads look knackered. Not made anything second half. Are they full time? They just look fitter and sharper than us.

User avatar
DL5
Posts: 4629
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:26 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by DL5 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:30 pm

We've looked 2nd best all night unfortunately, barely troubled them
.

sue_donym
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:39 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by sue_donym » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:34 pm

How was that not stopped for a head injury?

Quakerlad
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:54 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by Quakerlad » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:40 pm

Best team comfortable winners, we have been poor tonight. Love what AA is doing but we do
lack physicality when faced with a strong well organised team who press all game long. Fitter and stronger all over the park unfortunately. Type of team that always do well in this division.

bga
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by bga » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:41 pm

sue_donym wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:34 pm
How was that not stopped for a head injury?
Because the Ref didnt see it?

bga
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by bga » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:41 pm

How Laing is fit!

JE93
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by JE93 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:54 pm

Quakerlad wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:40 pm
Best team comfortable winners, we have been poor tonight. Love what AA is doing but we do
lack physicality when faced with a strong well organised team who press all game long. Fitter and stronger all over the park unfortunately. Type of team that always do well in this division.
Tbf they have just had 10 days off. So I'm not surprised they look very fresh and fit.

Its been a bit of a tired performance. We've panicked and put the ball forward too early and bypassed our midfield. Admittedly despite that their Keeper has has to make two good saves from Reid and Campbell. They came and got in our faces made some good fouls to disrupt us and transitioned the ball the the wide areas really quickly. Slightly disappointed we didn't go after their carded players. Some of them looked like they could easily have been tricked into another foul and put themselves in a difficult position.

Think Armstrong got the subs bench wrong tonight. Would have Had Levi on there especially after the shift Charmam put in on Saturday. No complaints about the result they've been the better team on the night and took their first goal very well.

More than anything I hope Hunt is alright. To see any play down for this length of time is never good. Quick recovery Nicky.

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 2149
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:55 pm

Quakerlad wrote:Best team comfortable winners, we have been poor tonight. Love what AA is doing but we do
lack physicality when faced with a strong well organised team who press all game long. Fitter and stronger all over the park unfortunately. Type of team that always do well in this division.
Cannot really disagree with that but looks like they have done their homework on us and stopped us playing.Very physical side but let's kick start our season on Saturday with 3 points.Tough opening set of fixtures tbh and we are a far better side than what we showed tonight.Hatfield has to start against Telford.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


Old Git
Posts: 677
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by Old Git » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:56 pm

Result of no matter now. Sure we all just willing Nicky is going to be ok.

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 2112
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:01 pm

Hopefully similar to Liam Hatch v Droylesden. He was down for 30 minutes with a neck injury and recovered very quickly.

bga
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by bga » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:08 pm

Old Git wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:56 pm
Result of no matter now. Sure we all just willing Nicky is going to be ok.
Yes hope it is not as serious as it looks. Along with Charman has been Player of the season so far for me.

al_quaker
Posts: 5703
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by al_quaker » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:09 pm

Not sure we got the balance of the team right tonight, and were well beaten by a very good and much fresher side.

However, none of that matters. Fingers crossed Hunt is ok

FozzQuaker
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by FozzQuaker » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:13 pm


JE93 wrote:
Quakerlad wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:40 pm
Best team comfortable winners, we have been poor tonight. Love what AA is doing but we do
lack physicality when faced with a strong well organised team who press all game long. Fitter and stronger all over the park unfortunately. Type of team that always do well in this division.
Tbf they have just had 10 days off. So I'm not surprised they look very fresh and fit.

Its been a bit of a tired performance. We've panicked and put the ball forward too early and bypassed our midfield. Admittedly despite that their Keeper has has to make two good saves from Reid and Campbell. They came and got in our faces made some good fouls to disrupt us and transitioned the ball the the wide areas really quickly. Slightly disappointed we didn't go after their carded players. Some of them looked like they could easily have been tricked into another foul and put themselves in a difficult position.

Think Armstrong got the subs bench wrong tonight. Would have Had Levi on there especially after the shift Charmam put in on Saturday. No complaints about the result they've been the better team on the night and took their first goal very well.

More than anything I hope Hunt is alright. To see any play down for this length of time is never good. Quick recovery Nicky.
What happened, with everything going on in my life at the moment, l forgot we were playing till I got a notification that the match had been abandoned

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk


tdk1
Posts: 2104
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by tdk1 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:16 pm

Boston used their fitness and strength well, moved the ball better, won second balls better, forced us to play long which we doesn't suit us at all. We did well to withstand them at times and had a couple of good chances but you can't really say they didn't deserve to win (if indeed that's what has happened, I don't really know what happens now).

Really hope hunt is okay, awful to see players down for that long.

Tough decisions off the pitch now. Do we ask for a replay? Or accept the result? Do we need to offer free passes for people to watch the replay?

TNS had a match abandoned at 2-2 after 87 minutes because of floodlight failure a few weeks ago, amd had to replay the whole thing, so it's not impossible that it could be rerun.

JE93
Posts: 1441
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by JE93 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:17 pm

FozzQuaker wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:13 pm
JE93 wrote:
Quakerlad wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:40 pm
Best team comfortable winners, we have been poor tonight. Love what AA is doing but we do
lack physicality when faced with a strong well organised team who press all game long. Fitter and stronger all over the park unfortunately. Type of team that always do well in this division.
Tbf they have just had 10 days off. So I'm not surprised they look very fresh and fit.

Its been a bit of a tired performance. We've panicked and put the ball forward too early and bypassed our midfield. Admittedly despite that their Keeper has has to make two good saves from Reid and Campbell. They came and got in our faces made some good fouls to disrupt us and transitioned the ball the the wide areas really quickly. Slightly disappointed we didn't go after their carded players. Some of them looked like they could easily have been tricked into another foul and put themselves in a difficult position.

Think Armstrong got the subs bench wrong tonight. Would have Had Levi on there especially after the shift Charmam put in on Saturday. No complaints about the result they've been the better team on the night and took their first goal very well.

More than anything I hope Hunt is alright. To see any play down for this length of time is never good. Quick recovery Nicky.
What happened, with everything going on in my life at the moment, l forgot we were playing till I got a notification that the match had been abandoned

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Was a coming together of 2 or 3 players with the ball in the air in the lead up to Boston's second goal. Nicky Hunt ended up in the floor not moving. Physio's of both clubs on the pitch quickly and seemed to be holding his neck and subsequently an ambulance was called.

Old Git
Posts: 677
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by Old Git » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:22 pm

Nicky Hunt’s welfare is the paramount concern here.
For the record I think Boston should be awarded the game 2-0 and the 3 points.

User avatar
Makka Pakka
Posts: 1238
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Newton Aycliffe

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by Makka Pakka » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:25 pm

Old Git wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:22 pm
Nicky Hunt’s welfare is the paramount concern here.
For the record I think Boston should be awarded the game 2-0 and the 3 points.
Can't argue with that, might have felt different if there was one in it but 2 goals in 4 minutes with 10 men was unlikely.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

darlobaz791
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Boston Match Thread

Post by darlobaz791 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:28 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:25 pm
Old Git wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:22 pm
Nicky Hunt’s welfare is the paramount concern here.
For the record I think Boston should be awarded the game 2-0 and the 3 points.
Can't argue with that, might have felt different if there was one in it but 2 goals in 4 minutes with 10 men was unlikely.
Not sure the league will take into account how we were playing. Plus the ref should’ve stopped the game before the second goal. Usually the game would be replayed but with COVID they might not want to.

Post Reply