Social Distancing

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Old Git
Team Supported: Darlington

Social Distancing

Post by Old Git » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:03 am

Good to see photos of Nicky Hunt looking well on the official website but surprised to see him with his arm around the young volunteer who helped out last Tuesday. Surely goes against all the social distancing rules we are supposed to be following. Some will no doubt think I am nitpicking but I think it is important that we are setting a good example and the last thing we need is an outbreak of COVID in the camp.

bga

Re: Social Distancing

Post by bga » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:17 pm

Old Git wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:03 am
Good to see photos of Nicky Hunt looking well on the official website but surprised to see him with his arm around the young volunteer who helped out last Tuesday. Surely goes against all the social distancing rules we are supposed to be following. Some will no doubt think I am nitpicking but I think it is important that we are setting a good example and the last thing we need is an outbreak of COVID in the camp.
Not nitpicking at all. I agree with you. We have a potential massive pay day this weekend. Nicky clearly not following the Rules, unless the entire Club is in a Bubble are they? Also wasn't just the fact he was there (doesn't he live in Lancashire?) an unecessary risk in itself from a Lockdown perspective and his health?

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:15 pm

Looks like Nicky Hunt not the only one falling foul of social distancing rules. Pictures on BBC News of Boris in close proximity to other MPs one of whom now has tested positive so he is isolating again. What a chump!

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:35 pm

Old Git wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:15 pm
Looks like Nicky Hunt not the only one falling foul of social distancing rules. Pictures on BBC News of Boris in close proximity to other MPs one of whom now has tested positive so he is isolating again. What a chump!
I also had to self isolate for two weeks because it came up on my test and trace app.(just like Boris)
And then I find that thousands of people are also self isolating because of test and trace on their apps (just like Boris).
What chumps we are, but at least we are self isolating because we were told to. (Just like Boris)

bga

Post by bga » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:41 pm

My opinion wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:35 pm
Old Git wrote:
I also had to self isolate for two weeks because it came up on my test and trace app.(just like Boris)
And then I find that thousands of people are also self isolating because of test and trace on their apps (just like Boris).
What chumps we are, but at least we are self isolating because we were told to. (Just like Boris)
You are the right thing. What concerns me at the moment is the club maybe taking unnecessary risks. It's a bit strange that the balls that were kicked out of play on the Saturday were disinfected before they could be used again and then we see a picture like this?

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:49 pm

My opinion wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:35 pm
Old Git wrote:
Boris is a chump because by the look of it he failed to keep his distance. After what he went through a few months ago he really should no better.
Or course he might just have fancied some isolation to get away from his advisers.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:17 pm

Either that or his missus has asked him to take the evening shift when the baby wakes up during the night :lol: