Minter recalled by Harrogate

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo Dodger
Team Supported: Darlington

Minter recalled by Harrogate

Post by Darlo Dodger » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:08 pm

Old Git

Re: Minter recalled by Harrogate

Post by Old Git » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:44 pm

Just when I thought we were having a good day. Bugger.

bga

Post by bga » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:46 pm

OK I will state the obvious.............a real loss, he fitted in well. Hopefully Saltmer will seize his chance unless AA brings in another keeper to be number one?

JE93

Post by JE93 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:50 pm

Shame, he'd really made that GK Jersey his own over the last few games, gave one of the best keeper displays in a darlo shirt I've seen for a long while against AFC Telford. But as we saw with O'Neill last season, this is the risk with loan players being key members of the first team.

Need AA to make a decision whether he thinks Saltmer can be our number 1 (he hasn't actually done much wrong this season) or whether he needs to get back out in the loan market this week.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:14 pm

Thanks for your efforts Melvin. Hope to see you again in the future, but hopefully NOT saving our penalties. :roll:

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:25 pm

joejaques wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:14 pm
Thanks for your efforts Melvin. Hope to see you again in the future, but hopefully NOT saving our penalties. :roll:
Spot on, should have been our MOTM at least twice and even against Blyth, made several excellent saves to preserve the clean sheet. Hope Johnny Saltmer was taking notes. Cheers MM!

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:57 pm

Shame he’d settled in very nicely

Henley

Post by Henley » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:49 pm

Can Salford not recall Armstrong? It’s becoming very annoying.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:56 pm

As I alluded too on the Minter thread, I was surprised that Harrogate hadn't recalled Minter as they have been struggling at the back & conceding plenty of goals. I was expecting his stay with us to be only short term. Good luck Melvin, hope you can get & keep the goalies shirt at Harrogate.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:43 pm

Losing Minter is a huge blow. He kept 4 clean sheets in 6 matches and his presence, distribution and positioning were all excellent. Today's match against Blyth was a prime example of a goalkeeper not having to do a great deal but digging the side out when it really mattered. Very Jameson-esque in that respect.

I fully suspect Alun will be in the market for a new goalkeeper. I think his comments after the Bristol Rovers game, and following Minter's inclusion in to the side, were telling. He mentioned Minter's presence instilling confidence in to the defence, which I think was a glowing compliment to him but equally highlighting an area of weakness when Saltmer starts.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:16 am

Darlofan97 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:43 pm
Losing Minter is a huge blow. He kept 4 clean sheets in 6 matches and his presence, distribution and positioning were all excellent. Today's match against Blyth was a prime example of a goalkeeper not having to do a great deal but digging the side out when it really mattered. Very Jameson-esque in that respect.

I fully suspect Alun will be in the market for a new goalkeeper. I think his comments after the Bristol Rovers game, and following Minter's inclusion in to the side, were telling. He mentioned Minter's presence instilling confidence in to the defence, which I think was a glowing compliment to him but equally highlighting an area of weakness when Saltmer starts.
Fully agree with you.
Minter’s physical presence has been a big factor in our recent run of 4 games undefeated with just 2 goals conceded. He is a great shot stopper but is able to command the area as well. Also his distribution has improved and he has a massive kick in his armoury.
I mean no disrespect to Saltmer but we need to bring in another keeper to at least provide competition for the jersey with games set to come thick and fast in January. Hopefully some clubs will be looking to loan out players and we can find someone to fit the bill.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:16 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:56 pm
As I alluded too on the Minter thread, I was surprised that Harrogate hadn't recalled Minter as they have been struggling at the back & conceding plenty of goals. I was expecting his stay with us to be only short term. Good luck Melvin, hope you can get & keep the goalies shirt at Harrogate.
He's third choice I think. Belshaw and Cracknell are ahead of him and one is unavailable so they recalled Minter (probably for bench duty)

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:42 pm

D_F_C wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
He's third choice I think. Belshaw and Cracknell are ahead of him and one is unavailable so they recalled Minter (probably for bench duty)
Cracknell played against us in the cup last season didn’t he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lallacab

Post by Lallacab » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:58 pm

Quaker85 wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:42 pm
D_F_C wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Cracknell played against us in the cup last season didn’t he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Minter on the bench tonight against Carlisle

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:41 pm

Minter on the bench tonight against Carlisle
[/quote]

Not for long game abandoned.

roy of the rovers

Post by roy of the rovers » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:01 am

This is disastrous news - for once we had a keeper who commanded his area and was big and strong enough to take crosses under the presence of a big aggressive centre forward.
I am hoping he will come back in near future when he realises there is no future sitting on the bench at Harrogate.
If he does come back i believe he will become like Arthur Wharton a legend in the history of DFC.

Fat josh

Post by Fat josh » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:20 am

roy of the rovers wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:01 am
This is disastrous news - for once we had a keeper who commanded his area and was big and strong enough to take crosses under the presence of a big aggressive centre forward.
I am hoping he will come back in near future when he realises there is no future sitting on the bench at Harrogate.
If he does come back i believe he will become like Arthur Wharton a legend in the history of DFC.
A legend who played one game for darlington fc as an amateur 130 years ago 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Can think 🤔 of 10 keepers more deserving of legend status than the Sheffield utd & Preston reserve wharton
King of uncovered

Leader of the true fans against the Arena return resistance movement

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:09 am

I think his legendary status is more about him being the first black professional footballer in the country. Merry Christmas to you too Josh.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:45 pm

We're not drawing comparisons between Minter and Wharton because they both happen to be goalkeepers and black are we?

Fucking hell

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:09 am

Err, no.