New kit manufacturer

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

JasonDeVos
Team Supported: Darlington

New kit manufacturer

Post by JasonDeVos » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:09 pm

Moving to joma- underwhelmed by it. So are others judging by online comments.

https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/quakers ... -with-joma

JE93

Re: New kit manufacturer

Post by JE93 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:34 pm

Don't really get the negative reaction. Especially when we haven't even seen the potential strips for next season yet.

Looking at the teamwear section of their website (https://www.joma-sport.com/en/teamwear) they actually make some great looking strips in my opinion.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:36 pm

Looks like a few kit brand snobs on twitter. No doubt some of whom were keen to buy the retro shirt recently made available, made by that world famous brand Jack Hatfield.
Joma do some decent stuff. We should wait to see what they come up with before judging them on not being a big name brand like Puma.

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:08 pm

the sizing is dreadful - especially if you are a biggish sized person

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:16 pm

Surely the brand isn't that important it's more about the design?

Especially when you are talking about an international company who supply Champions League clubs.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:36 pm

bigdavethemaddog wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:08 pm
the sizing is dreadful - especially if you are a biggish sized person
I would recommend a size up based on the kit my sunday league team wears. XL is more of a large.

Spratts corner

Post by Spratts corner » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:35 pm

Just had a look on their website and the kit looks a bit pricey to me. At first I thought it was in Euros but they are in GBP

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:05 pm

loan_star wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:36 pm
Looks like a few kit brand snobs on twitter. No doubt some of whom were keen to buy the retro shirt recently made available, made by that world famous brand Jack Hatfield.
Joma do some decent stuff. We should wait to see what they come up with before judging them on not being a big name brand like Puma.
Not to do with the brand. Stuff is just poor.

Avec not a huge brand but produced decent stuff at a good quality.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:11 am

For me it has to be quality. Hopefully we'll get some great design options.

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:00 am

Darlo fans do like to moan about everything and anything.. Surely a 3 deal like this is a good thing and this 1 has even started yet. With the moaning that goes on its easy to understand why businesses are reluctant to get involved with sponsorship

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:13 am

If the Burgundy is changed to white and the Teal to black I would love this as a change from hoops
https://www.joma-sport.com/en/camiseta- ... 2Fteamwear

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:41 am

loan_star wrote:
Is Jack Hatfield any relation to Will?

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:12 am

I really hope that the prices given on there web page isn't expected from our fan base,double the price of our provider at the moment. They range from 44 to 82 GBP surely that can't be right.
Need some clarification from the club on these prices.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:34 am

onewayup wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:12 am
Need some clarification from the club on these prices.
Reckon we will get it.

At some point they will be on sale and reckon they will come with a price.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:01 pm

If it's at the prices on their web page I don't think we will shift many, myself I would just donate to the club the price of this season shirt ,I won't pay silly prices for anything, times are hard enough at the moment dealing with the virus keeping our selfs safe and coping with everything being thrown at us from the world today, every single one of us needs to help our fellow humans and have a safe journey through to the end of this horrible virus freeing us to go about our daily routine,s without fear, stay safe and healthy everyone, all the very best to everyone and hopefully a prosperous new year.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:15 pm

I was given the option to look at the away strip last year and the options were very limited and there was not much room to change the designs already there. This gives more room for the club to play around with the design a lot more. I think that's one of the main reasons and I completely agree with it. I don't necessarily think we need to be with one of the big brands

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:36 pm

JasonDeVos wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:05 pm
loan_star wrote:

I disagree. They are no better or worse than other brands we have used. My sunday team has one of their strips and training tops and they are just as good as the avec gear we used to use, and a far better price too.

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:50 pm

loan_star wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:36 pm
JasonDeVos wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:05 pm
loan_star wrote:

I disagree. They are no better or worse than other brands we have used. My sunday team has one of their strips and training tops and they are just as good as the avec gear we used to use, and a far better price too.
Fair enough - just would not be my choice

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:29 pm

Some ridiculously dramatic reaction to this news over on twitter. Personally I couldn't really care less on who makes our kit as long as the profit margin is there for the club and there's a couple of nice designs.

I like the Cruz Azul away kit which is kind of hoops (albeit blue and white) and if adaptable I'd be happy with as a home kit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:36 pm

The Europa hooped version at the moment is not that shabby (I've tried inserting the link below). At the end of the day it's about what kit deals are financially right for the club and if this is better than the current deal with Puma then so be it. :thumbup:

https://www.kitlocker.com/products/joma ... PkQAvD_BwE
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Norm_D_Ploom

Post by Norm_D_Ploom » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:25 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:36 pm
The Europa hooped version at the moment is not that shabby (I've tried inserting the link below). At the end of the day it's about what kit deals are financially right for the club and if this is better than the current deal with Puma then so be it. :thumbup:

https://www.kitlocker.com/products/joma ... PkQAvD_BwE
Works with the Liga or Tokio shorts and the Calcio24 or hooped socks.

Darlo Dodger

Post by Darlo Dodger » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:04 pm

Something like this with two black hoops & (obviously) a space between them would make a change from the front of shirt half hoops we have now and be a little reminiscent of the 1960’s change to hoops (made at the time I think to give us a change from what was then seen as the traditional white shirt and as a nod to the club’s history):

https://www.joma-sport.com/en/shirt-sho ... 6fe%3D3238

This with black replacing the pale blue really would make a change:

I also like the look of the supernova tops though these do not have hoops so are unlikely to win in a vote:

https://www.joma-sport.com/en/shirt-sho ... 02?tid=147

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:08 pm

Darlo Dodger wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:04 pm
Something like this with two black hoops & (obviously) a space between them would make a change from the front of shirt half hoops we have now and be a little reminiscent of the 1960’s change to hoops (made at the time I think to give us a change from what was then seen as the traditional white shirt and as a nod to the club’s history):

This with black replacing the pale blue really would make a change:

I also like the look of the supernova tops though these do not have hoops so are unlikely to win in a vote:

https://www.joma-sport.com/en/shirt-sho ... 02?tid=147
That top one looks too much like Singhs regimes last attempt at a Darlo top.

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:01 pm

It's more there sizes to get a standard XXL and bearing in mind XXL is usually 50 - 52 inch chest you have to buy a 4 XL or 5 XL. They are pretty shocking sizes joma sizes for xxl are 44 - 46 inch chest

https://mjm-sports.co.uk/joma-size-chart-3

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:44 am

Should have players' shirts made with perforations or at least velcro strips so when opposition grab shirts to prevent us playing the ball, all they end up with is a patch of material. Mind, fans' replica strip must be 'properly' manufactured, preferably in UK.
Also thought we should have hoops of different sizes, biggest at top & thinnest around waist to give optical illusion of massive chest & no belly - who wouldn't pay £50 for an appearance enhancing shirt

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:36 pm

Craig09 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:01 pm
It's more there sizes to get a standard XXL and bearing in mind XXL is usually 50 - 52 inch chest you have to buy a 4 XL or 5 XL. They are pretty shocking sizes joma sizes for xxl are 44 - 46 inch chest

they are worse than errea and thats saying something

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:12 pm

bigdavethemaddog wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:36 pm
Craig09 wrote:

If that's the case i won't be buying a shirt for the next 3 years or so untill they change to another make

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:31 pm

Craig09 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:12 pm
bigdavethemaddog wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:36 pm
Craig09 wrote:

If that's the case i won't be buying a shirt for the next 3 years or so untill they change to another make
Is this a pride thing or something because you have to buy a size bigger than you usually would?
I sell clothing as part of my job and I see it quite often that different brands have slightly different sizing and have had quite a few customers who say they are a large (for example) in a high street brand but have to go bigger or sometimes smaller in the brand they choose off me.
End of the day nobody sees the label so whats the problem other than a conviction that you should only be a large etc? A lot of modern kits are slim fit, even the current away shirt is classed as slim fit so everyone was advised to go a size bigger. Its brand snobbery in my view.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:53 am

I'm usually a L or XL but some of my cycling gear is 4 or 5 XL! No-one sees the size unless your planning to wear it inside out. Maybe there's a plan for a reversible kit like the England shirt about 25 years ago. Honestly....

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:17 am

I buy 3xl I say it's to compensate for small sizes her indoors says it's because I'm a fat so-and-so