Brackley v Darlo

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Vodka_Vic
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Brackley v Darlo

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:26 pm

The thing about Sousa is he takes 2 or 3 players out of the game but then there's no-one just off him exploiting that space gained. Even in parks football they'd do that. It really puzzles me.

Darlogramps

Brackley v Darlo

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:46 pm

Quakerlad wrote:Instead of another forward surely we need a physical, big strong centre half and a proper creative midfielder. AA clearly has gone off Storey which is unjust to me but while I like Hunt he is not the big dominant, nasty type of centre half our successful teams have had in the past. I would have had Joe Tait in the summer, mistake there AA to me.
Realistically we have won 4/11 league games if you include Boston and haven’t beaten any team currently in top half of table. Not good enough I’m afraid.
Is there a reason you only ever comment after defeats?

Whenever we win you stay silent, but after any defeat you’re immediately on here flapping.

It’s like you get off on us losing.

After Blyth, you stay silent. After one defeat at a good side who’ll probably be in the play-offs, apparently Hunt isn’t good enough and we should’ve gone for a Spenny reserve (who you’d have criticised anyway if we’d lost).

I’m all for people putting their two-penneth in after a defeat, don’t get me wrong. But at least have some balance in there fella. Crikey, your post-defeat flapping is spectacular.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlogramps

Brackley v Darlo

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:56 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:The thing about Sousa is he takes 2 or 3 players out of the game but then there's no-one just off him exploiting that space gained. Even in parks football they'd do that. It really puzzles me.
This is the thing about Sousa I don’t understand.

Surely AA has cottoned on this is what teams are doing. Yet he doesn’t seem to be reacting. If Sousa is being marked out of the game, get Hatfield or the full backs charging into the space. Don’t really see McMahon or Watson venturing over halfway.

MB86DFC wrote: Also, can someone explain what Storey has done wrong? Why he isn't playing when we only have one other fit centre back is baffling. He's a first choice for me as he offers way more than Laing or Reid in that position.
AA has explained this previously. It’s more to do with what Storey has going on in his other job/personal life than anything else.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:07 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:56 pm
Vodka_Vic wrote:The thing about Sousa is he takes 2 or 3 players out of the game but then there's no-one just off him exploiting that space gained. Even in parks football they'd do that. It really puzzles me.

Surely AA has cottoned on this is what teams are doing. Yet he doesn’t seem to be reacting. If Sousa is being marked out of the game, get Hatfield or the full backs charging into the space. Don’t really see McMahon or Watson venturing over halfway.

MB86DFC wrote: Also, can someone explain what Storey has done wrong? Why he isn't playing when we only have one other fit centre back is baffling. He's a first choice for me as he offers way more than Laing or Reid in that position.
AA has explained this previously. It’s more to do with what Storey has going on in his other job/personal life than anything else.
I could understand that if he wasn’t on the bench today, but why take him on an 8 hour round trip not to use him when we only have 1 other recognised centre back available?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:14 am

MB86DFC wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:56 pm

I could understand that if he wasn’t on the bench today, but why take him on an 8 hour round trip not to use him when we only have 1 other recognised centre back available?
It’s a fair question and one only AA can answer.

Either there is an issue and AA is not publicly disclosing it. Or perhaps he didn’t feel Storey was mentally in the right place but needed him on the bench because of a lack of numbers.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:50 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:14 am
Either there is an issue and AA is not publicly disclosing it. Or perhaps he didn’t feel Storey was mentally in the right place but needed him on the bench because of a lack of numbers.
Just speculation but could simply be part of phasing his return.

Matchday squad first before being thrown into a game.

Admittedly it is a long way to go just to be part of the matchday squad, maybe I am just being hopefully it signals a return.

Darlogramps

Brackley v Darlo

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:06 am

lo36789 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Admittedly it is a long way to go just to be part of the matchday squad, maybe I am just being hopefully it signals a return.
He started against Blyth, so it’s nothing to do with a phased return.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:21 am

Emdubya wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:49 pm
Quakerlad wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:38 pm
That was woeful again. First shot after 80 mins. We are not physical enough to compete against better teams . Nice tappy Lappy football is getting us nowhere. We cannot Cross and cannot shoot. Please don’t say it’s a one off because it’s exactly the same game every time we play a strong physical team, clueless.
AA deserves some criticism too as he never tries anything different, no plan B. What has he seen in 7/8 games of O’Neill to prefer him to McGuire, charman or Campbell as centre forward.
Totally agree with this.And would someone PLEASE explain the love affair with Sousa because I’m just not getting it.
I kept quiet because I thought it was only me and could not be bothered to argue with "the experts"

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:46 am

Last night will certainly have given AA a lot to think about. He has a plethora of attackers but cannot find and stick with a winning pair. Campbell not a lone striker but works hard , great right foot and blistering pace. Charman again great pace, two good feet, in out with injuries needs a good run and a few goals to really get going again. Maquire hardworking especially last night got little service which was difficult for Oneil. Ball was not sticking, no time on the ball which he needs and if that goes wrong his other parts of game closing down, his pace are not good ends up coming deep and unfairly makes him look lazy. A goal scorer who needs the ball in the six yard box, not 30 yards out which he rarely gets.
Defensively we are still poor like last season this has been the most dissapointing. Hunt and Reid are good on the ball and in the air but not blessed with great pace and not strong in the tackle. Mcmahon was brought in to add experience and a voice at the back from what I have seen no better or worse than Hedley, his passing and crossing last night woeful put that down to poor pitch. Storey & Liddle are good but injuries and other reasons AA not playing them, Watson ok but generally a hoofer and does not have great distribution sounds harsh as he is NLN standard fare but found wanting where to go when Rivers or Sousa in front of him do not help out.Laing injured but out of his depth in this league, Atkinson no. I know AA philosophy is win 4-3 as opposed 1-0 but if you cannot make four shots on goal a plan B is required.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:13 am

Agreed with all that has been said, played good football but getting the ball in that final 3rd of the pitch and getting a shot off just didn't happen last night,i Didn't think that Brackley were better than Darlington, smashed and grabbed 3 points, they got 3 shots off scored 2 , Darlington 1 shot off target, AA still looking for his best up front combination,

JE93

Post by JE93 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:39 am

To be honest if you were planning your points tally at the start of the season, anything you can take away from Brackley away is a bonus. They are a good side, who do what they do well and have been together for years. Their last 3 finishes in this league are 4th, 3rd and 4th. To have to play them away on a Tuesday night, on a bobbly pitch and with Liddle, Holness, Hedley, Laing, Atkinson all unavailable makes it even tougher.

Still a bit disappointed though, we did well to get on the ball and didn't do enough with it. Think Armstrong's hands were slightly tied last night with formation and who was available. To me we're one CM short, we don't have anyone to replace the type of player Holness is when he's not available. Had Atkinson been available to play, I would have preferred him at the base of the midfield 3, let Wheatley and Hatfield use their energy to try to create, but we had to play what we had available. Not a great night at the office for either of the full backs. McMahon was sloppy in possession, not helped by a bobbly pitch and no one making much of a move to get in behind infront of him. Watson, he's a good squad player for this level but he doesn't have the confidence on the ball Liddle gives us, we have so much more threat and ability to cause problems down our left when Liddle is playing. Saltmer in terms of his saves didn't do much wrong but it was his kicking last night that caused concerns, no real distance on any of his kicks and played us into trouble a few times by not getting the ball away from danger. Only thing I think Armstrong got wrong last night was the subs. Would have called for Charman and Maguire earlier, thought they were both bright when they came on and tried to move the CH's of Brackley more than O'Neill did.

Technically we have improved compared to last years league table after 10 games we have 2 more points, have scored 5 more goals and conceded 4 less. But the frustration comes because we know how good we can be. For me the next two games against Southport and Farsley are a better barometer for where we are this season, I'd want at least 4 points from these two away games to prove we're good enough to be top half and on the coat tails of the playoffs.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:04 am

Unlike most on here I quite enjoyed last nights game. I missed the first goal as I was getting a cup of tea but I thought the main part of the game was quite tactical and played out in the middle of the pitch where Brackley just kept it cool and just quietly worked away.

It seemed pretty obvious that we weren't going to score, as every avenue remained closed and I can only remember one piece of action where a goal looked possible. Maybe half way through the second half when we eventually got the ball right in the penalty box and had a couple of swings at it. But on saying this, neither goalie was busy.

As for Sousa - I would echo the comments on here. He does his tricks, he beats a couple of players, he turns round, he looks good - but where does this lead to? There's no end product, I'm not suggesting this is his fault though, other team members should be looking to move to a threatening position.

I thought we looked a bit tired, and we didn't look like the team who pushed York back in their shell away at Bootham Crescent last Dec.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:13 am

I'm staggered that people are getting on Sousa's back for "no end product". He has 5 goals and 3 assists in about 10 games!

Not one player yesterday covered themselves in any glory.

Brackley simply did a job on us.

What is more concerning is the soft goals we keep on conceding. We need a new goalkeeper in if we want to improve.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:16 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:23 pm
Emdubya wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:49 pm
Quakerlad wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:38 pm
That was woeful again. First shot after 80 mins. We are not physical enough to compete against better teams . Nice tappy Lappy football is getting us nowhere. We cannot Cross and cannot shoot. Please don’t say it’s a one off because it’s exactly the same game every time we play a strong physical team, clueless.
AA deserves some criticism too as he never tries anything different, no plan B. What has he seen in 7/8 games of O’Neill to prefer him to McGuire, charman or Campbell as centre forward.
Totally agree with this.And would someone PLEASE explain the love affair with Sousa because I’m just not getting it.
He looks good on the ball and does tricks - the trouble is it doesn't seem to lead on to anything of note.
"Doesn't seem to lead on to anything of note".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:26 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:46 pm
Quakerlad wrote:Instead of another forward surely we need a physical, big strong centre half and a proper creative midfielder. AA clearly has gone off Storey which is unjust to me but while I like Hunt he is not the big dominant, nasty type of centre half our successful teams have had in the past. I would have had Joe Tait in the summer, mistake there AA to me.
Realistically we have won 4/11 league games if you include Boston and haven’t beaten any team currently in top half of table. Not good enough I’m afraid.
Is there a reason you only ever comment after defeats or Blyth.

Whenever we win you stay silent, but after any defeat you’re immediately on here flapping.

After Blyth, you stay silent. After one defeat at a good side who’ll probably be in the play-offs, apparently Hunt isn’t good enough and we should’ve gone for a Spenny reserve (who you’d have criticised anyway if we’d lost).

I’m all for people putting their two-penneth in after a defeat, don’t get me wrong. But at least have some balance in there fella. Crikey, your post-defeat flapping is spectacular.
Maybe it’s because like many on here I get really frustrated when I know how good we could be and yet don’t show it often enough. It’s basically letting off a bit of steam to like minded supporters and am sorry if you find that wrong.

Regarding last night, I think you will find most people agreed with my comments. I did not say that Hunt isn’t good enough. In fact I said “I like Hunt” but you cannot say that he is a big dominant centre half that I still feel we are missing.

All about opinions though and I respect yours.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:30 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:04 am
Unlike most on here I quite enjoyed last nights game. I missed the first goal as I was getting a cup of tea but I thought the main part of the game was quite tactical and played out in the middle of the pitch where Brackley just kept it cool and just quietly worked away.

It seemed pretty obvious that we weren't going to score, as every avenue remained closed and I can only remember one piece of action where a goal looked possible. Maybe half way through the second half when we eventually got the ball right in the penalty box and had a couple of swings at it. But on saying this, neither goalie was busy.

As for Sousa - I would echo the comments on here. He does his tricks, he beats a couple of players, he turns round, he looks good - but where does this lead to? There's no end product, I'm not suggesting this is his fault though, other team members should be looking to move to a threatening position.

I thought we looked a bit tired, and we didn't look like the team who pushed York back in their shell away at Bootham Crescent last Dec.
I think Sousa is pretty good, he’s got 4 league goals already even though he didn’t start the season with us. He can beat 2 or 3 men which creates space that needs exploiting. If the opposition put 2 men on him then we should be able to utilise the spare man and overload somewhere else on the pitch. Yes he isn’t perfect and can slash at the ball in shooting positions but this is level 6 football, if he was scoring / assisting every game he’d be playing in the league. He gives us an outlet by being able to run with the ball.

I’m a little worried about the lack of goals we score. I think the 17 scored in the league is misleading as we’ve failed to score in 4 out of 10 games, the Kidderminster goal was a comedy own goal and luckily the Boston result didn’t count. Take those games into consideration and we’ve only scored in 5 out of 11 league games. Score lines like 6-0 against blyth, 4-1 against guisley and 6-1 against tadcaster were brilliant, but we need to score more regularly to progress. I’d love a run of 1-0 and 2-0 wins against teams around the top 10 to prove we’ve got enough to challenge the playoffs.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:31 am

I enjoyed the game last night, thought we played some good football, but lacking in front of goal, nobody seeming to want t have a shot and take a chance. Got done by 2 pieces of very poor defending, but other than that thought we showed lots of energy and commitment, (even the Brackley commentator seemed impressed with the team play).

Considering we were playing the "in form" team in the league, after a long journey for a night game, (and only able to put 4 subs out), to be honest I thought we would struggle before the game, but was hopeful, and while I was disappointed with the result I wasn't too downhearted.

Storey has been mentioned regarding not playing, but against a top team and him only playing one game in a fair length of time I did not think that it was a bad decision for him to be on the bench, although agree his speed at the back may have been useful.

O'Neil did not get any service that suits his play, therefore not surprising he was struggling to get into the game, and changing him for Charman was the right decision imo as they are different players. I would have changed Maguire for Rivers rather than Campbell as I thought Rivers was struggling to get back and effectively defend against stronger players being easily pushed aside,(as previously pointed out I am no football manager so all just imo).

Thought Sousa had a good game, did a lot of defending and getting back and winning balls by getting stuck in, something I have not seen in his game before, as well as attacking all over the pitch.

Personally I like what I have seen of Atkinson, and would be happy to see him in midfield for future games, as I think he reads the game well, apart from the mad 10 minutes against Bristol of course :) .

Overall we now need to move on and as has been mentioned the next two games may give us a better indication of where the season is heading.

"Up the Quakers"

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:10 pm

Likewise, I didn't think last night indicated we need to have some kind of radical rethink. Brackley have a core of experienced players who have hundreds of appearances behind them. They packed their defence, crowded out our threats like O'Neill, Campbell, Sousa and Rivers and managed things well after catching our long-distance travellers cold so early on. Overall I still think this squad will deliver league progress this season as it has already done in the cup.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:31 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:13 am
I'm staggered that people are getting on Sousa's back for "no end product". He has 5 goals and 3 assists in about 10 games!
I'm not getting on his back, if you think that you need to reread my posts. I'm pointing out that perhaps he could be used more effectively.

I think a few others have said similar - that's how I've read it anyway.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

divas

Post by divas » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:58 pm

The squad is currently imbalanced with forwards (3 quality number 9’s vying for one spot) and last night with the injuries and availability it meant we were missing 5 players (6 if you count minter’s return). That means Alun didn’t have many too options.

I really like Sousa, he’s done very well so far this season and gives us a different dimension but that sort of player at this level in certain games can be a bit of a luxury. Last night was probably one of those games where you’d maybe want to bring him on later in the game to exploit the space after wearing down the opposition. Alun probably needs to learn how to utilise him better I think to get the most from him but as Rivers had to play centrally there was possibly no other option out wide (Hudson isn’t ready for 90 mins from what we’ve seen)

Going back to the balance of the team - I think that’s the main issue we’ve had so far, we have some good individuals but we’re still looking for that balance - maybe it’s not a one size fits all approach but you feel that Alun hasn’t quite mastered how to get the best team on the pitch rather than the best individuals.

Before were too harsh on the management team though it’s very difficult when you have no time to train with the players due to the weather, cup games, covid and now the glut of games that follow as a result. The overriding difference last night was that Brackley were well drilled, all knew there jobs, whereas we weren’t at the same level. The early goal made it easier for them but they were content to keep their shape and wait for us to make a mistake which we duly did. Both goals were soft.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:17 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:10 pm
Likewise, I didn't think last night indicated we need to have some kind of radical rethink. Brackley have a core of experienced players who have hundreds of appearances behind them. They packed their defence, crowded out our threats like O'Neill, Campbell, Sousa and Rivers and managed things well after catching our long-distance travellers cold so early on. Overall I still think this squad will deliver league progress this season as it has already done in the cup.
Sorry but I have to disagree to some extent. My problem is that every time we play a decent team eg Brackley Kiddiminster Boston we struggle to break them down which means the defence is under pressure to keep a clean sheet. Our wins have been against lower league sides in cup matches apart from Swindon or against teams near the bottom of the league ie Curzon Guisely Alfreton and Blyth. We must find a way to take more points of the stronger teams in the league if we are going to progress.
Great to give Blyth a good beating but that just makes us one of the best of the rest. Breaking into the top 7 is a different proposition and requires the management and players to up their game. How we achieve this is much harder to fathom out but that’s where AA has to earn his corn.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:40 pm

I think sousa was very good last night it's not his fault that other players aren't moving into the space looking to receive the ball, no one there he has no outlet, it's a team game three round sousa every time he had the ball nobody giving him an outlet.thats why people are unhappy with him ,look at the work he puts in to retain the ball ,fans need to step back and rethink what sousa brings to the game. Personally I think it will all come good. Just my take on things.

Darlogramps

Brackley v Darlo

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:40 pm

Quakerlad wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Maybe it’s because like many on here I get really frustrated when I know how good we could be and yet don’t show it often enough. It’s basically letting off a bit of steam to like minded supporters and am sorry if you find that wrong.

Regarding last night, I think you will find most people agreed with my comments. I did not say that Hunt isn’t good enough. In fact I said “I like Hunt” but you cannot say that he is a big dominant centre half that I still feel we are missing.

It’s not wrong. You can post what you like. But I find it bizarre a so-called supporter says nothing when we win but fires off a ranting mini-essay slaughtering the team and manager every time we lose. It comes across that you enjoy it when we lose as it gives you something to whinge about.

With regards Hunt, I disagree. I do think his experience is what we were missing. And when it goes well, people say so.

It’s only when we lose that so-called fans like yourself start looking for scapegoats. Also, given he suffered a very serious injury not so long back, it feels a bit harsh to be singling him out and saying he’s not good enough (which is what you’re saying, if you believe he’s not what we need).

You also don’t have to respect my opinion as a matter of course. Respect my opinions if you think they’re well-reason and backed-up. Don’t respect it purely because I’ve said it.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:49 pm

eddie-rowles wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:46 am
Laing injured but out of his depth in this league.
Disagree. Laing is far from out of his depth. My first choice central defensive duo would be Laing and Storey.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:14 pm

Only Boston have conceded less per game than us I think. Our issue isn't the defence, it's breaking down teams who sit back against us (other than Blyth who are Northern League standard). Which is exactly what happened last night. We have some very talented attackers, but most of them like to drift inside and/or deep to get on the ball. The problem with this is that everything is played in front of the backline, meaning teams can sit back and ask us to play perfect football to get through them. We could do with a winger or forward who will play on the shoulder of defences to get in behind them and stretch them. Maybe Maguire would be able to do this.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:46 pm

Good point above. Brackley could have coped with our style indefinitely last night - perhaps a bit of Grayesque type directness would have shaken their composure?
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:46 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:40 pm
Quakerlad wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

It’s not wrong. You can post what you like. But I find it bizarre a so-called supporter says nothing when we win but fires off a ranting mini-essay slaughtering the team and manager every time we lose. It comes across that you enjoy it when we lose as it gives you something to whinge about.

With regards Hunt, I disagree. I do think his experience is what we were missing. And when it goes well, people say so.

It’s only when we lose that so-called fans like yourself start looking for scapegoats. Also, given he suffered a very serious injury not so long back, it feels a bit harsh to be singling him out and saying he’s not good enough (which is what you’re saying, if you believe he’s not what we need).

You also don’t have to respect my opinion as a matter of course. Respect my opinions if you think they’re well-reason and backed-up. Don’t respect it purely because I’ve said it.
I’m not even going to get into a disagreement with you over players or opinions etc. Except to say you must be a politician as you are changing my words. On record, I like Hunt and believe him to be a good player and an asset for sure. Do I think he is the big dominant centre half that most successful teams seem to have, then no. Play him alongside such a player and think he would be fantastic!

However, never ever call me a “so called supporter” . I have supported this club through thick and thin missing very few games over the last 54 years since my fist match, so feel fairly qualified to give an opinion.

Speak again I am sure after I comment on our next match, hopefully a win!

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:15 pm

Hunt is a good centre-half at this level. Some of the comments I’ve read on social media/here are at worst embarrassing & at best disrespectful.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:22 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:20 pm
TFDM wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:40 pm
The silence from them suggests they are adamant about continuing.

I find it all a bit perplexing tbh. I can't go to my office (haven't been in since March and have to work from home) yet I can go and film a game of football. Very weird to me.

They'll say we're elite but the reality on the ground is anything but. There is no test (or more accurately no support from the league for testing). So clubs have no idea what is going on within them until the point when someone tests positive. You've got players who work day jobs so they aren't really in a bubble like professionals are. Then you've got clubs at this level which are dependant on volunteers and they are being put in a difficult situation.

If they want to continue then fair enough, but they need to be doing like the EFL is doing and testing.

All I can see at the moment is cases and postponements increasing. As usual though its silence from the league. They are less than useless. Don't get me wrong I want the football to continue as its a massive help to people but I think the league have a duty of care to its players, particularly at North and South level.
I'm not sure the EFL are really testing that regularly.

Some of their clubs might be but the league aren't. I am pretty sure it was a single start of season test and then a mid-season test. At least they were the early suggestions it may have moved on.

Pretty sure that is why PL clubs paid for EFL clubs to be tested when they were playing in the whatever the Autowindscreen is called now.

Andy Holt at Accrington has confirmed that they have to pay for them if they get them done.

The Championship match officials have only this week done a their second test. As in one at the start of the season and a mid-season test.

I've got a feeling the recent uplift in positives in Championship (60 cases) is because a round of testing has been done.
Seems there are changes a foot...

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/statu ... 12896?s=19

EFL introduce twice weekly testing

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:26 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:06 am
lo36789 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

He started against Blyth, so it’s nothing to do with a phased return.
No idea it's not like match fitness and two games in short space of time should have been a major concern.

Only AA knows I guess