Away kit vote

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11927
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Away kit vote

Post by Spyman » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:07 am

Disappointing that the purple has not made the final, hopefully we have a sash home and away!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789
Posts: 9223
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Away kit vote

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:18 am

Me too. I really thought based on the comments I'd read it would.

Prefer the tone of the orange to the red.

User avatar
Lawman3
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:47 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Away kit vote

Post by Lawman3 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:03 am

spen666 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:16 am
eddie-rowles wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:21 am
Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:51 pm
Old Git wrote:Nice I quite like a Shiraz or a Malbec.
By the way not buying your transparent attempt at friendliness. Clearly you overstepped the mark with your comments about Chris Stockdale and the DFCSG Board and you are now trying to pass it off as humour.
Yes you are correct I do not miss a chance to get stuck into you. Simple reason is I think you deserve to be called out as a bully boy.
Think what you like. Everyone else has taken it as a joke, so you’re just making yourself look silly and humourless.

Anyway, about those away kits.....
.... why not let main sponsor Ebac decide that fits in great with their logo?

Isn't that what Coventry did years ago with Talbot as sponsor and the T Shaped shirt design to match sponsor logo and get round rules limiting advertising size on shirts.

"The 'T' was shirt design and nothing to do with sponsor". The version without sponsor name was for when game was shown on TV as at time sponsored shirts were not allowed on TV!

Image
I think their attempt to use the shirt for televised games was scuppered by the FA, who deemed it to still be a sponsor's logo. They had to have a completely different shirt.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

spen666
Posts: 1985
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Away kit vote

Post by spen666 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:20 am

Lawman3 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:03 am
...

I think their attempt to use the shirt for televised games was scuppered by the FA, who deemed it to still be a sponsor's logo. They had to have a completely different shirt.
Hearing you say this in 2021, it seems bizarre to think that clubs were allowed sponsors on shirts, but not on TV games.

Now clubs have more than one sponsor's logo on kits and much bigger and no one even bothers about whether game is on TV or not

how times change



Ironically, given the other thread re tuesday night's shenanigans in the FA Trophy, it was of course Kettering Town who got in trouble with the FA for wearing shirts with sponsors name on -despite FA ban on such kit.

spen666
Posts: 1985
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Away kit vote

Post by spen666 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:22 am

See the Orange sash won

jjljks
Posts: 2159
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Away kit vote

Post by jjljks » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:42 am

spen666 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:22 am
See the Orange sash won
The Freemasons will be sponsoring that one :lol:

lo36789
Posts: 9223
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Away kit vote

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:07 pm

I think it would look slightly better without the white piping on the sash.

I wanted the purple camo, and broken hoops, but then I also voted remain and didn't vote Tory in any of the last 4 general elections, so used to not getting my way!

Darlopj
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:36 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Away kit vote

Post by Darlopj » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:18 pm

The new kit home and away is an outrage. The sash is completely the wrong way round. It should be left to right. Or is it right to left?

Anyway I shall view it as a hooped shirt and if you tilt your head to the left, or is it right, it's 2 big white hoops and 1 small black hoop.

Job done.

You're welcome.

Post Reply