Luke Charman

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Post Reply
Emdubya
Posts: 856
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Luke Charman

Post by Emdubya » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:33 pm

Medial ligament injury.Not as bad as first feared but still out for several weeks.From the official site.All the best Luke.

Darlopartisan
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Luke Charman

Post by Darlopartisan » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:46 am

It would be great if AA could work his magic and get Tyrone back in until the end of the season if it’s played of course.
Hopefully Luke will recover quickly , he was looking really sharp yesterday.

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 2203
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Luke Charman

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:23 am

Good news in the short term. However, this sort of injury can be problematic long term. Once the knee joint is unstable dislocation often recurs until surgery is required in many cases. We've had enough bad luck so let's hope this is one where it fully settles down.

User avatar
D_F_C
Posts: 1856
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:43 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Luke Charman

Post by D_F_C » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:29 am

Darlopartisan wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:46 am
It would be great if AA could work his magic and get Tyrone back in until the end of the season if it’s played of course.
Hopefully Luke will recover quickly , he was looking really sharp yesterday.
Doubt it'll matter, but working on the basis that it does, then Tyrone only had 1 good game in his second spell. He tormented Blyth, but was ineffective in pretty much every other appearance which did surprise me.

Darlofan97
Posts: 4654
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Luke Charman

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:30 pm

I think O’Neill was used out of position in a lot of the minutes he racked up for us in his second spell.

I’d like to see us ask the question again (if we are forced to continue); it’s not as if he can move to an EFL club for the remainder of this season.

Old Git
Posts: 915
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Luke Charman

Post by Old Git » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:40 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:30 pm
I think O’Neill was used out of position in a lot of the minutes he racked up for us in his second spell.

I’d like to see us ask the question again (if we are forced to continue); it’s not as if he can move to an EFL club for the remainder of this season.
Not sure that is the case. Usually loans are still allowed for a period after the transfer window closes I believe.

Lallacab
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:49 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Luke Charman

Post by Lallacab » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:45 pm

Old Git wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:40 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:30 pm
I think O’Neill was used out of position in a lot of the minutes he racked up for us in his second spell.

I’d like to see us ask the question again (if we are forced to continue); it’s not as if he can move to an EFL club for the remainder of this season.
Not sure that is the case. Usually loans are still allowed for a period after the transfer window closes I believe.
I’m not sure that’s the case this season , I think everything closed at the end of January - apart from free agents of course

Darlofan97
Posts: 4654
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Luke Charman

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:10 pm

Old Git wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:40 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:30 pm
I think O’Neill was used out of position in a lot of the minutes he racked up for us in his second spell.

I’d like to see us ask the question again (if we are forced to continue); it’s not as if he can move to an EFL club for the remainder of this season.
Not sure that is the case. Usually loans are still allowed for a period after the transfer window closes I believe.
Transfer window closed for PL & EFL clubs at 11pm on 1st February.

Post Reply