Away day moments

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Away day moments

Post by divas » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:36 pm

quaker4life wrote:
darlo2001uk wrote:Robbie Painter's equaliser in front of the Darlo fans at Leeds in the League Cup. Fantastic moment.

David McGurk's last minute header at Kiddy when we got a 1-1 draw undr Hodgy. We were rock botom and going down until that goal went in. Weren't many Darlo fans there but the celebrations were top notch. We beat Rochdale at home the next week thanks to Chris Hughes' goal and I think we then went and won at Huddersfield next game.
Beat me to it darlo2001uk!

I remember Hodgy saying at one point he wanted Kiddy to score one more to break the chain of 1-0 defeats.

I was nearly thrown down the stand when the equaliser went in! You'd think we'd just been promoted.
i was at that game, the catering at kiddy was immense, hotpots, lasagne, the lot.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:27 pm

I was thinking at the time Divas I wish we could have something like that here!

The bacon sarnies were spot on as well, nice little club was a shame to see them go down.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:07 am

Aye, the Robbie Painter goal at Leeds is up there.

As is the performance at Brentford 2 seasons ago, where we notched our first win in the smoke for donkeys.

Also Gabbiadini taking the ball from centre circle to the back of the next straight from 2nd half kick off at Orient.

Best for me has to be Scunny away though - when we got done 7-1. the atmosphere amongst the 300-400 Darlo fans that day was awesome. Think Paul Alcock was left in no doubt what we though of him that day.

Finally a mention for an away trip at Rotherham somewhere around 98/99/00 time - just before Xmas, we had best part of 1000 there and sang from start to finish. Vaguely remember leading 1-0 and getting done twice in the last 10 mins or so. Could have been the day Kubicki got sent off and Fortune West was in the thick of it.
Mullet69uk on Twitter

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:23 am

Mullet69 wrote:
Best for me has to be Scunny away though - when we got done 7-1. the atmosphere amongst the 300-400 Darlo fans that day was awesome. Think Paul Alcock was left in no doubt what we though of him that day.
I think we still chant "Are You Alcock in disguise" even now!

Geordie Quaker

Post by Geordie Quaker » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:44 pm

Top stuff here lads. Mullet, Gabba's goal at Orient was immense, it got pretty messy when they nicked the winner at the end didn't it? We only won one more league game after that.

There were two consecutive years when we were bum raped at Millmoor: in 98/99 we went there top of the league, took the league through Shutt, and they went on to win to win 3-1 thanks to two ridiculous penalties and a handball which led to a goal. In 99/00 it was two very late goals and they invaded the pitch. That hurt.

Scunny away (7-1) was best for Chillingworth's goal and the fact that another Darlo player got the ball out of the net, went mental and put it back on the kick off spot. It was 6-1, we had 9 men and there were only 9 minutes left!

Duffelcoatman

Post by Duffelcoatman » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:20 pm

Go on Glenda Naylor hat trick and 3-0 down at Layer Road !!!

Mitch Cook volley from edge of the box at Northampton in 91 near end of season, 3 up inside the first 18 minutes or something.

'Special' Wigan stewards on a rain sodden night at Springfield for another away defeat

Daz Roberts running over to the 96 Darlo fans at Hedenesford with the ref running behind him waiving a red.

Simon Shaw scoring at Scunny after losing a boot and socking it in from outside the box. Think we may have even won that day.
Chucking a hot dog in frustration after conceding a goal at Barnet and realising after that a chap somewhere to my left was wondering why he had tommy sauce down his coat! Apologies to whoever that was.

Hartleppol torturing us throughout the play off game and coming away with the win. it was never a pen ha. The 4-2 Cup win there was a pretty amazing day too.
@hobartpaving76 on twitter

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:42 pm

Great stuff.

Does anyone remember Mr Muscle was a Darlo fan? Regularly spotted at games down south. Anyone know if he still goes at all?
Mullet69uk on Twitter

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:23 pm

Mullet69 wrote:Great stuff.

Does anyone remember Mr Muscle was a Darlo fan? Regularly spotted at games down south. Anyone know if he still goes at all?
Too busy these days cleaning kitchens and bathrooms and satisfying housewifes :clap:

Jamm

Post by Jamm » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:44 pm

Beating the chimps 4-2 in the FA Cup in 1995.
Drawing 1-1 at Preston in 96, hitting the woodwork 2 or 3 times, if 1 of those had gone in we'd have been promoted in the end.
Scunny end of same season, so close to going up.
Runcorn in the Cup 1996 - "keeper yer shite" makes it's debut!
Northampton 1999, Marco's hat trick and trying to find the village I was born in that I left when I was 6 months old and hadn't been to since I was 12.
Orient 2000, they score offside goal 6 mins into 2 mins injury time. very drunken day out.
York 2000, can't remember the match, just enjoying the break from the beer.
Chimps in play offs. Best ever!
Beating Forest 2-1 in Cup, scored just as I met up with a work mate from Nottingham.
Kiddie in the Cup in 2001, won 1-0, fine day out.
Wrexham in the Cup 2002, won 2-0, En-ger-land En-ger-land En-ger-land...
Accie 2006, many happy returns!
Brentford 2007, first time I'd seen us win in London in a dozen attempts, unbeaten since.
Peterboro 2008, "piss on your party"!
Dagenham 2009, "we went down south, to east London, we got 3 points, and pissed as...."