sorry, sorry, sorry......but

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Comfortably_numb
Team Supported: Darlington

sorry, sorry, sorry......but

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:51 pm

This probably should be on the friendlies 'sticky' thread but

the game against Sunderland says....in red....."ALL TICKET!!!"

but can I just check - when it says "all ticket" it just means we have the usual fiasco of standing in one que for 15 minutes to buy a ticket.......to then go and stand in another queue for 15 minutes to hand in said ticket to get into the game?

Am not being facetious by the way. I just don't want to turn up with my four other SAFC supporting mates to be confronted with whatever other "all ticket" situation there could be......

ta

Notts_Quaker

Re: sorry, sorry, sorry......but

Post by Notts_Quaker » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:00 pm

The way i read it is that tickets must be bought in advance and will not be sold on the day

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:01 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:This probably should be on the friendlies 'sticky' thread but

the game against Sunderland says....in red....."ALL TICKET!!!"

but can I just check - when it says "all ticket" it just means we have the usual fiasco of standing in one que for 15 minutes to buy a ticket.......to then go and stand in another queue for 15 minutes to hand in said ticket to get into the game?

Am not being facetious by the way. I just don't want to turn up with my four other SAFC supporting mates to be confronted with whatever other "all ticket" situation there could be......

ta
I think tickets need to be bought before the day of the game, or to make it easy, phone up the day before, reserve them and pick up and pay for them on the day, easy as pukka pie

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:08 pm

Tickets must be bought before the day of the game by ringing up the ticket office or buying from the ticket office. They will not be available to buy on the day, or on the door.

Sunderland and Newcastle fans can buy tickets for their respective ends through their club websites http://www.safc.com and http://www.nufc.com

Sam
Last edited by quakersam on Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:20 pm

I can see a few people turning up on the day and getting disappointed.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

bigrichiet

Post by bigrichiet » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:46 pm

quaker4life wrote:I can see a few people turning up on the day and getting disappointed.
to be fair, those that do must be thick as fuck. its been well documented that its all ticket.

And, three sorrys is about right cos the term 'all ticket' is an accepted term thats been around since i dont know when and means no tickets are available on the day of the game.

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:29 pm

to be fair he is called Comfortably_numb. THINK we should all stand near the ticket office before the games and see how many ppl try buying tickets !

bigbitchtits
Team Supported: Sunderland

Post by bigbitchtits » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:01 am

bigrichiet wrote:
quaker4life wrote:I can see a few people turning up on the day and getting disappointed.
to be fair, those that do must be thick as fuck. its been well documented that its all ticket.

And, three sorrys is about right cos the term 'all ticket' is an accepted term thats been around since i dont know when and means no tickets are available on the day of the game.
Makes sense to open a couple of cash turnstiles though. Especially as the club is in no fit state to turn away income.

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:21 am

Rumour has it that if ticket sales don't pick up in the next day or two then tickets will be available on the day for both Sunderland and Newcastle

divas

Post by divas » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:27 am

i expected that to happen from the start, smart move if you ask me, try and get people to get tickets early as there will be a decent crowd, then open it up to general admission a couple of days before so as to not lose out on any potential people turning up on the night/cant be arsed to buy tickets.

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:40 am

i think at the end of play friday, ticket sales for both games were under a 1000 for home and away supporters

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:17 am

bigrichiet wrote:

you're quite right bigrichie, but how many other league two clubs have our usual set up where you queue to buy a ticket to then queue again to get in. My requets for info was more for my SAFC mates who want to come and give Darlo some much needed cash.

we just don't seem to help ourselves at times.....cash tunrstiles would make life so much easier...

aveda

Post by aveda » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:36 am

I may be wrong but won't the police have been behind the all ticket idea rather than the club ?

The Love Slug

Post by The Love Slug » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:42 am

apparently so, was a policing thing as far as i know.

darlomilo

Post by darlomilo » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:28 pm

same with the car parking i heard as well, the police have said no away fans in the car park for both those matches