Congestion Charge

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Congestion Charge

Post by divas » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:27 am

i see your point and do agree with what you are saying, however what was missing from that statement is that while the council do force a charge under the 106 agreement that have with the club for attendances over 1k (est. figure), the club also see the £5 as a vital revennue stream to keep the club afloat - i agree that we should have still charged the gateshead thunder fans for parking, but that was a commercial decision that was taken then. As Christine pointed out last night, the full £5 goes to the football club, so the money taken on car parking against Hamilton probably netted the club £1000+ this is money that Raj has promised will be spent on the football club.

one thing to come out of last night that bitterly disappointed me is the moaning of the fans who have asked to pay a little bit more to help the club (£50 ron greener access fee for e.g.), it seems everyone wants a successful club but people are unwilling to put their hands in the pockets at the clubs time of need and would rather squabble that their little elitist club has been found out - rather than be greatful that theyve had this privilege for free for the past couple of seasons.

for me graham fordy came out of last night with a lot of credit and with his former experience with boro im sure he can maximise the commercial revenue streams which will allow colin the best backing possible to build a decent team.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:46 pm

goldensyrup wrote:
I live the other side of Bishop Auckland, now imagine a match day using public transport for me, unrealistic in the amount of time it would take to get there and back with children and with a disability even more problamatic.
How much would it cost you on public transport, out of interest?

More than £5 return with the kids in tow, right? So the club offer you a cheaper alternative and provide you with parking for £5.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:54 pm

Plus the cost of petrol, insurance, tax, wear and tear etc. Pro rata.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:07 pm

Quakerz wrote:Plus the cost of petrol, insurance, tax, wear and tear etc. Pro rata.
You'd pay insurance and tax anyway, unless you bought a car just to come to the footbal in.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:20 pm

Doesn't matter. Some of that cost for the year is incurred by going to football. For tax, for insurance, for wear and tear. Then obviously you have the petrol, theres a fiver for a Bishop to Darlo round trip.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Beano

Post by Beano » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:54 pm

Spyman wrote:How much would it cost you on public transport, out of interest?

More than £5 return with the kids in tow, right? So the club offer you a cheaper alternative and provide you with parking for £5.
Spot on. £5 is pretty fair considering how much most other large venues charge. From watching various concerts at football grounds over the last few years, if you can even get a space at the stadium, it is upwards of £10.

Child_in_Time

Post by Child_in_Time » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:02 am

divas wrote:i see your point and do agree with what you are saying, however what was missing from that statement is that while the council do force a charge under the 106 agreement that have with the club for attendances over 1k (est. figure), the club also see the £5 as a vital revennue stream to keep the club afloat - i agree that we should have still charged the gateshead thunder fans for parking, but that was a commercial decision that was taken then. As Christine pointed out last night, the full £5 goes to the football club, so the money taken on car parking against Hamilton probably netted the club £1000+ this is money that Raj has promised will be spent on the football club.

one thing to come out of last night that bitterly disappointed me is the moaning of the fans who have asked to pay a little bit more to help the club (£50 ron greener access fee for e.g.), it seems everyone wants a successful club but people are unwilling to put their hands in the pockets at the clubs time of need and would rather squabble that their little elitist club has been found out - rather than be greatful that theyve had this privilege for free for the past couple of seasons.

for me graham fordy came out of last night with a lot of credit and with his former experience with boro im sure he can maximise the commercial revenue streams which will allow colin the best backing possible to build a decent team.
Hear here!

The scare of the last few months should have us all wondering how we can do a little bit extra, not wonder how we can get something without paying for it. Just because it used to be free, doesn't mean something will always be free.

The 'top table' were aat pains at the forum to reintroduce a team spirit within the club which is to include the fans. We have to do our part as much as those who answered our questions.

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:15 am

You will soon lose friends on here, coming up with intelligent comments like that. Be careful you don't get a reputation for showing common sense. ;)
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

ballybally

Post by ballybally » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:14 am

Hear here!

The scare of the last few months should have us all wondering how we can do a little bit extra, not wonder how we can get something without paying for it. Just because it used to be free, doesn't mean something will always be free.

The 'top table' were aat pains at the forum to reintroduce a team spirit within the club which is to include the fans. We have to do our part as much as those who answered our questions.[/quote]

I agree that we should all try to create some team spirit within the club but that doesn't mean that we should all fork out as much money as anyone asks us to just because we almost didn't have a club. If that happens then we're all contributing towards it happening again. The club needs to be run affordably to both the fans and itself.

I don't use the Ron Greener lounge at all and rarely use the parking, partly because of the cost and partly because it takes 6 weeks to get out because the stewards have no idea what's going on and it ends up a free for all. The point is though, that other people will value things differently.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:32 am

ballybally wrote:I agree that we should all try to create some team spirit within the club but that doesn't mean that we should all fork out as much money as anyone asks us to just because we almost didn't have a club. If that happens then we're all contributing towards it happening again. The club needs to be run affordably to both the fans and itself.
why? the club will have the money in their accounts, rather than as a loan as happened in the previous regime?!

i realise its not a popular decision for all, but i for one dont have a problem paying a bit extra for a pie and a pint if it all goes towards the club - im not one for corp hospitality and exec boxes etc but i will put a few quid in the club coffers by buying a couple of pints, some food and a matchday ticket, and i'd hate to think that previously by doing this the club was actually losing money :crazy:

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:50 am

Unless you get the train to Darlo from Bish it certainly costs a lot mroe than a fiver for public transport.
The bus is frigging extortionate.

And the fact that you live on the other side of Bish (whereabouts if you don't mind me asking?) you're more likely to want to take a car, or at least get dropped off in town.

Me thinks a Bish minibus once in a while wouldn't be a bad idea if you can pick people up en route.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:57 am

Like BQ says, unless you live in the centre of Bishop (or any town really) you've not really got a hope.

I would have to get a bus into Bishop, and then either a train or bus into Darlington. Certainly more than £5.

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:19 am

I've had to the get the bus back after a match and it costs about £4.40 for a single!
Frigging ridiculous.

The train is quite reasonable but not that frequent which is a bit of a pain.