How many more new faces can we expect?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

StevieMardenboro
Team Supported: Darlington

How many more new faces can we expect?

Post by StevieMardenboro » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:35 pm

I am so bored with this late shift . . .

I reckon we still need a striker, a right winger and someone offering versatile defensive cover for LB/CB . .

I expect two more permanent signings and two or three long term loans but the longer we go without signing Bridges, the less likely it seems. Is he waiting for a better offer to come along?

I just hope anymore new signings are not more ghosts of Darlo's past.

RH79

Re: How many more new faces can we expect?

Post by RH79 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:48 am

I thought Todd had said he had used up all the money. If that is the case surely they will all be laon signings - i cant see Bridges coming, i doubt we can afford him.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:52 am

Loan signings usually have the club that loans the player out paying either all the wages of a fair percentage of them. So in theory the cost to the club shouldn't be too much.

divas

Post by divas » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:41 am

i think the lack of, and calibre of the few trialists we have - convery, vaisenen etc show we have very little left in the pot.

if we can stay injury and suspension free, which is a massive if, especially as many of our first XI missed large parts of last season, then we may do okay. If we suffer with injuries im very worried, as good as liddle & maddo's young protege's appear to be, i'd think we'd struggle should we have to field 2 or 3 on a regular basis.

as has been mentioned previously, hopefully the income from the friendlies and Leeds cup game may be used to bolster the squad, if not already been used in Todd's budget. Raj still needs to find £600k to pay off the football related debts we owe, so i wouldnt be too hopeful.