Chester close to going to the wall

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Chester close to going to the wall

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:57 am

Talked to my mate at work who is a Chester fan. Apparently they have lost an appeal against a High Court Ruling in favour of HM Customs and Revenue. They have been banned from playing any pre-season friendlies, until they got special dispensation from the FA to play at Droylsden last Saturday. There is a real danger that at worst the club could fold and at best they'll get a further hefty points deduction on top of the -10 that they are already supposed to start the forthcoming season. I hope Blundell & Ryan get something sorted. We were so lucky Stephen Vaughan didn't get involved with us.

wylam_rangers
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Chester close to going to the wall

Post by wylam_rangers » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:10 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Talked to my mate at work who is a Chester fan. Apparently they have lost an appeal against a High Court Ruling in favour of HM Customs and Revenue. They have been banned from playing any pre-season friendlies, until they got special dispensation from the FA to play at Droylsden last Saturday. There is a real danger that at worst the club could fold and at best they'll get a further hefty points deduction on top of the -10 that they are already supposed to start the forthcoming season. I hope Blundell & Ryan get something sorted. We were so lucky Stephen Vaughan didn't get involved with us.
Vaughan had a meeting with the Conference and the FA yesterday. There is to be an announcement within 48hrs.