Will the Corner Bar be open..

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AlanSprouts
Team Supported: Darlington

Will the Corner Bar be open..

Post by AlanSprouts » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:27 pm

.. on Monday night. With a good crowd due and the fact that the concourses are apparently losing money surely it would be sensible to open up the Corner Bar?
Being one of the "older" ranks I much prefer it to the Sports Bar. Those tin chairs scraping over the floor plays holy hell with my hearing aid :shh:
Plus it is so much nicer for an after-match tipple.

rj50

Re: Will the Corner Bar be open..

Post by rj50 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:30 pm

Totally agree with you AlanSprouts

divas

Post by divas » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:35 pm

could be ineffective to open it for one game - i imagine to restock it for one game would be a bit of a pain.

i hope the club publicises the fact that drinks can be bought before the game on the concourse, also full marks to the club for selling bottles down there now, much faster

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:46 pm

divas wrote:could be ineffective to open it for one game - i imagine to restock it for one game would be a bit of a pain.

i hope the club publicises the fact that drinks can be bought before the game on the concourse, also full marks to the club for selling bottles down there now, much faster
Hate bottled beer unless it's conditioned beer.

Open up the corner bar for after the game - then those who don't want to pay for the Ron Greener membership have somewhere smarter than the Sports Bar.

On the subject of the Sports Bar is there any chance of the Tin Shed Food hatch opening again?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:34 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:
divas wrote:could be ineffective to open it for one game - i imagine to restock it for one game would be a bit of a pain.

Hate bottled beer unless it's conditioned beer.

Open up the corner bar for after the game - then those who don't want to pay for the Ron Greener membership have somewhere smarter than the Sports Bar.

On the subject of the Sports Bar is there any chance of the Tin Shed Food hatch opening again?
You hate it, but hundreds will prefer it if it means shorter queing times.

I don't understand why they don't just shut the 'sports bar' and keep the corner bar open full time. It's a much nicer bar full-stop.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

divas

Post by divas » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:39 pm

i agree sports bar before the game as its a bigger venue, then corner bar after when there's less fans with the option to open the sports bar as a relief, it would mean stocking 2 bars and increase overheads tho

Darlo Cockney

Post by Darlo Cockney » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:24 pm

Speaking to Christine after the forum last night, she confirmed that they will be re-opening the Corner bar, so assume it will be open for the Leeds game. Also, the Sky subscription will be sorted.

DC
Started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:11 am

Darlo Cockney wrote:Speaking to Christine after the forum last night, she confirmed that they will be re-opening the Corner bar, so assume it will be open for the Leeds game. Also, the Sky subscription will be sorted.

DC
Good news!

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:25 am

Spyman wrote:
I don't understand why they don't just shut the 'sports bar' and keep the corner bar open full time. It's a much nicer bar full-stop.
The Corner Bar is way nicer, but it's proximity to the stands people normally go in will have a lot to do with why the "Sports Bar" is open and the Corner Bar isn't.

doc_64

Post by doc_64 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:27 am

AlanSprouts wrote:.. on Monday night. With a good crowd due and the fact that the concourses are apparently losing money surely it would be sensible to open up the Corner Bar?
Being one of the "older" ranks I much prefer it to the Sports Bar. Those tin chairs scraping over the floor plays holy hell with my hearing aid :shh:
Plus it is so much nicer for an after-match tipple.
hope it is open me and our lass prefer it in there too