Useless Sacks of Shite.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

BishopQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Useless Sacks of Shite.

Post by BishopQuaker » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:47 pm

3-2 from 2-0 up.
Well that confirms that we're utterly shite.

If we manage to get ove 1,500 fans for the next few home games I'll be astounded.

Should we somehow score after I post this I stand by what I've said.

Darlo_Fanatic

Re: Useless Sacks of sh**e.

Post by Darlo_Fanatic » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:48 pm

How the fuck have there managed this, totally unacceptable. :thumbdown:
DARLO FANATIC

Supporting DARLO might be a heartache but it's a heartache I chose to have.

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:57 pm

I just cannot b@stard believe this.

We're completely shot, far too fragile. We're already down but I just hope this doesn't now trigger a load more of the hidings we were getting before christmas.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:11 pm

10 minutes of madness ruined a good performance.

nick_darlo

Post by nick_darlo » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:11 pm

If anyone is to take the blame today it's Staunton. Stupid substitutions in areas we didn't need changing. Just as he messed up by fiddling around with the team selection at Morecambe his tinkering undid us again today. We were coasting. Pathetic.

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:14 pm

Sorry nick but you don't go two down in about 4 minutes just because of a substitution.

If you're a professional footballer you should be able to cope.

nick_darlo

Post by nick_darlo » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:18 pm

Dempsey off...Chesterfield come into it. Groves on for Mulligan...down the other end and score two. Not rocket science. If he was going to bring anyone on it should have been Smith for Gray to give us a bit more stability. It was the best team performance of the season for the first 70 minutes today. Had we kept things the same we'd have easily won.

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:04 pm

Problem is Nick, we will never know. It's all a matter of opinion. Teams have thrown away a 2 goal lead before after making substitutions and after not making substitutions.

C'est La Vie :)
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:16 pm

fat tony wrote:I just cannot b@stard believe this.

We're completely shot, far too fragile. We're already down but I just hope this doesn't now trigger a load more of the hidings we were getting before christmas.
This is one of those "you had to be there otherwise you won't believe me" moments but that was just a freakish comeback by Chesterfield and no way on Gods earth did we deserve to lose. We were well in command, looked a good team and really could have been more than 2 up, and thoroughly deserved it.

There are millions of positives from that performance once I get the defeat out of my system.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:18 pm

nick_darlo wrote:If anyone is to take the blame today it's Staunton. Stupid substitutions in areas we didn't need changing. Just as he messed up by fiddling around with the team selection at Morecambe his tinkering undid us again today. We were coasting. Pathetic.
Gray was fooked and had to come off. he should have brought Jeff Smith on as a straight swap maybe, but maybe Smith is carrying a knock and with us winning 2-0 he maybe thought no point risking him, stick Groves on instead.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:19 pm

were any of you at the game today, or were you sat playing with yourselves at your computers.

Chesterfield were never in the game until they brought Whaley on with 15 to go, but we should have been out of sight by then.

There first and second goals were outstanding, only critisism was Byrne should of put more on it when we went for the original header. For 80 minutes we were outstanding today, I believe we are already down but if we can keep Purcell and a few others we will be challenging in the Conference.

darlogav

Post by darlogav » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:19 pm

No one can blame Staunton today. The subs that 'didn't need to be made' did. Dempsey was clearly getting tired therefore he did a pretty much like for like switch with Gary Smith. Ok he was having a good game but that certainly didn't cost us the match. Same with Mulligan he had just pulled up a bit 5 minutes before.

It was just the same old story as far as I'm concerned. Played well, deserved a win let alone a draw but ended up with nowt. As the saying goes when you're down...you're down and I think that was the case today. 2 goals that we could have done very little about, the third I didn't really see clearly as the box was pretty packed.

Worrying thing for me though is that when our heads are down we look like a completely different team. Start hoofing the ball in the air etc. rather than play the short game which we've been playing pretty well.

ambiente

Post by ambiente » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:22 pm

BishopQuaker wrote:3-2 from 2-0 up.
Well that confirms that we're utterly sh**e.

If we manage to get ove 1,500 fans for the next few home games I'll be astounded.

Just got in and can't believe what I read here if you actually went to the game you would know what a tit you are with comments such as this.

moodymonica

Post by moodymonica » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:22 pm

thought they played excellent - unlucky not to have been out of sight.
Keeper should have had the second and maybe the first, unlucky for the own goal but thats Darlo I guess.
Josh Gray had an absolute barnstorming game - Chesterfield simply werent in it - John Sheridan will have gone home tonight and stuck his lottery ticket on they were that lucky.

Ref had a good game as well, not the normal gash that we put with (except for the yellow cards that is)

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:25 pm

ambiente wrote:

Just got in and can't believe what I read here if you actually went to the game you would know what a tit you are with comments such as this.
Regardless of whether I was there or not you've got to admit that being 2-0 up then losing 3-2 in 15 minutes on paper is pretty shite.

ambiente

Post by ambiente » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:27 pm

BishopQuaker wrote:
ambiente wrote:

Regardless of whether I was there or not you've got to admit that being 2-0 up then losing 3-2 in 15 minutes on paper is pretty sh**e.
The result is shyte but we were not. You said we were, and as you are wrong you are still a tit

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:32 pm

BishopQuaker wrote:
ambiente wrote:

Regardless of whether I was there or not you've got to admit that being 2-0 up then losing 3-2 in 15 minutes on paper is pretty sh**e.
Like I said one of those "you really needed to be there otherwise you'll never believe me" moments.

You know me, I'll tell it as I see it and no way would I rose tint today, but we were really absolutely mugged. We were really really good, and the comeback was devastating.

But we WON'T run into a Chesterfield comeback every week, we just need to carry on as we were today.

My only complaint today was Diop's wastefulness otherwise Chesterfield would have been dead and buried and the comeback would never have happened. Diop himself doesn't actually look too bad a player but he is comedic in front of goal.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:34 pm

That chance he had in the first half... I could have put that one in with me knob end :shock:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:38 pm

Which chance? The one where Purcell put him through? Or the one where Gray ripped the rightback a new asrehole and put it on a plate for Diop, and it sort of bounced off him?

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:51 pm

Oh calm down do ambiente

I went to Crewe and saw us got torn apart.
We were shite. Fact.

However, if that has changed I'm very happy that you got to see a decent Darlo performance - I'm happy if anyone managed to watch a decent Darlo performance!

But we still lost 3-2 which is not good.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:58 pm

for goodness sake lads ,for eighty mins we controlled the game they never looked like scoring. have a bit of compasion for the lads,steve staunton ruined the day with miss match subs why was alan white not brought on to stiffen the defence after their first goal. staunton has to learn fast. but i think we are now down ,i had hope untill today. :thumbdown:

walshys_wingman_11

Post by walshys_wingman_11 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:04 pm

BishopQuaker wrote:Oh calm down do ambiente

We were sh**e. Fact.

However, if that has changed I'm very happy that you got to see a decent Darlo performance - I'm happy if anyone managed to watch a decent Darlo performance!

I went to Crewe and I went today....for the first 80 mins,Chesterfield were as second best as we were against Crewe. We played very well today against a team that is on a good run of form.

ham

Post by ham » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:11 pm

Bishop Quaker what a prick

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:14 pm

You know that every post you have ever made has been an insult, like calling somebody (and me) a prick or a tit or a dick? Every single one of your 38 posts?

I find that admirable.

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:25 pm

Quakerz wrote:You know that every post you have ever made has been an insult, like calling somebody (and me) a prick or a tit or a dick? Every single one of your 38 posts?

I find that admirable.
As someone I've never met, I think he's a bellend.

ambiente

Post by ambiente » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:49 pm

BishopQuaker wrote:Oh calm down do ambiente

We were sh**e. Fact.

Over reaction on my part, sorry.

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:58 pm

Quakerz wrote:
fat tony wrote:I just cannot b@stard believe this.

This is one of those "you had to be there otherwise you won't believe me" moments but that was just a freakish comeback by Chesterfield and no way on Gods earth did we deserve to lose. We were well in command, looked a good team and really could have been more than 2 up, and thoroughly deserved it.

There are millions of positives from that performance once I get the defeat out of my system.

Fair enough that Q

Looking at it, if I thought we were actually in a relegation battle and had a chance of staying up then I'd still be fuming that we'd thrown the points away. But we're building for next season so the fact that we seem to have had a great 75 minutes today is probably the most important thing.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:23 pm

We didn't throw the points away.

Chesterfield stole them. Sometimes that happens.

number_one

Post by number_one » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:33 pm

The better team always wins.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:34 pm

Incorrect.

See today.