Wright-Phillips

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Wright-Phillips

Post by Spyman » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:36 pm

As s*** as he is, why does he always manage to grab a flukey goal when he gets a shot for England. He'd be nowhere near if Lennon and Walcott had played more games this season, yet neither of them is really fit, so he gets a chance and jams a goal.

The little fucker will go to the World Cup and be s***, because he is s***.

Well done England though :clap:
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

AndyPark

Re: Wright-Phillips

Post by AndyPark » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:03 am

Egypt absolutely ripped us apart in the first half, so fair play to them. Also, when will England fans realise that; By booing John Terry will do no good for the team. Should remember he is in the squad and private matters should be left private whilst he is playing for them and the rest of the country. If he was bothered by matters then he would not play at all, but he is man enough to get out there and prove everyone wrong. Fair play John Terry, least you haven't bottled out of playing for your country like Wayne Bridge.

Well done England on the win tonight.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:08 am

AndyPark wrote:Egypt absolutely ripped us apart in the first half, so fair play to them. Also, when will England fans realise that; By booing John Terry will do no good for the team. Should remember he is in the squad and private matters should be left private whilst he is playing for them and the rest of the country. If he was bothered by matters then he would not play at all, but he is man enough to get out there and prove everyone wrong. Fair play John Terry, least you haven't bottled out of playing for your country like Wayne Bridge.

Well done England on the win tonight.
How has Terry proved everyone wrong?

Terry has not proved to anyone that he isn't a contemptible little c*** who only looks after his own interests. Nobody doubted he wasn't a good footballer, so he hasn't proved anyone wrong.

I bet your missus is delighted that you think Terry is more of a man then Bridge. Will next year's father of the year be Andy Park?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:15 am

Spyman wrote:How has Terry proved everyone wrong?
Well he is still out there playing for his country and trying to prove everyone wrong, yes he deserved a few boo's but it is not going to get us anywhere with fans booing him.
Spyman wrote:I bet your missus is delighted that you think Terry is more of a man then Bridge. Will next year's father of the year be Andy Park?
Well he is acting like more of a man, Bridge goes running. If he was man enough then he would stand up to him and play for his country wouldn't he. Also if rumours are true, then Bridge has picked a slag for his ex girlfriend as apparently she has shagged 4/5 other Chelsea players. Remember it's her fault as well as John Terry's.

I know he did wrong by doing it, but he has sorted things with his wife and family (Well at least they are starting to work on there relationship).

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:30 am

Spyman wrote:As s*** as he is, why does he always manage to grab a flukey goal when he gets a shot for England. He'd be nowhere near if Lennon and Walcott had played more games this season, yet neither of them is really fit, so he gets a chance and jams a goal.

Extremely harsh on Wright-Phillips. He was excellent when he came on and I rate him highly as a player. But of course, you know more than Capello. :roll:

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:37 am

Andy Park in stupid thread shocker !

FFS Andy you must be a cartoon with some of the stuff you bleedin type.
Think before posting

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:43 am

Does Andy fucking Park sit down and think 'what is the stupidest thing I can post' at any opportunity? Because some of this s*** is beyond belief.

Bridge stood down because he couldnt guarantee he could share a dressing room with Terry. He didnt want to disrupt the World Cup camp. Yet AndyMong still rates the guy who cheated on his wife with the mother of Bridge's kids, and has shown little or no remorse for it, as more of a man?!

SonOfManHitByDrum

Post by SonOfManHitByDrum » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:44 am

Spyman wrote:As s*** as he is, why does he always manage to grab a flukey goal when he gets a shot for England. He'd be nowhere near if Lennon and Walcott had played more games this season, yet neither of them is really fit, so he gets a chance and jams a goal.

I'm gonna have to pull you up on that one - Walcott has been playing terribly for ages, certainly worse than Wright-Phillips.

TeessideQuaker

Post by TeessideQuaker » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:06 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:

Extremely harsh on Wright-Phillips. He was excellent when he came on and I rate him highly as a player. But of course, you know more than Capello. :roll:
He's got a point though. Another thing about SWP is he seems incapable of putting in a decent cross. Which, for a winger is very worrying.

ham

Post by ham » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:02 pm

Spyman and TeessideQuaker are you for real ? Wright-Phillips had a cracking game, you two must have watched a different game. TeessideQuaker some of us knock Andy Park but the s*** you come out with is far worse.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:31 pm

ham wrote:Spyman and TeessideQuaker are you for real ? Wright-Phillips had a cracking game, you two must have watched a different game. TeessideQuaker some of us knock Andy Park but the s*** you come out with is far worse.
I didn't watch it, which doesn't impact on my point at all.

Wright-Philips is consistently budget when it matters. He consistently has a decent game in friendlies, consistently keeping himself in the reckoning for when it matters, when he is once again, consistently budget.

He's 28 now. He's far beyond the 'has potential' category which Lennon and Walcott both still fall in to. WP has never been good enough, and never will be, despite the occasional flash of goodness in matches that mean squat-all.

DC

PJPoolie
Team Supported: Pools

Post by PJPoolie » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:44 am

TeessideQuaker wrote:
DarloOnTheUp wrote:

He's got a point though. Another thing about SWP is he seems incapable of putting in a decent cross. Which, for a winger is very worrying.
Decent cross for the third goal on Wednesday.

Who to trust on the judgement of a player..

Fabio Capello?

Or

Spyman or the artist formally known as msn............

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:30 am

PJPoolie wrote:
Decent cross for the third goal on Wednesday.

Who to trust on the judgement of a player..

Fabio Capello?

Or

Spyman or the artist formally known as msn............
Capello knows he's s*** though. Capello prefers Lennon and Walcott. This is clear to see. However when they are not getting a game for their clubs (Lennon is injured, and Walcott has only just come back), SWP gets a chance and has a decent game.

DC

TeessideQuaker

Post by TeessideQuaker » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:09 pm

I trust Capello, but the fact remains SWP is not that good a crosser. He puts in maybe one decent cross a game, and that is not good enough for a winger. I'd much rather have Lennon, or as Spyman says Theo Walcott.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:32 pm

For what it's worth, I think Walcott will go and Lennon will if fit.

Capello clearly rates Walcott - he was straight back in the squad after playing 1 game back from injury, having not had a run in the Arsenal team all season really. He also gives us another option up front if needed.

Lennon's injury has come at a really bad time. He's been flying this season and seems to have finally added an end product to his game. He could've been a real trump card for us at the World Cup (and maybe still can).

DC

darlodub

Post by darlodub » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:51 am

This was talked about a couple of weeks ago - I still don't rate SWP.

Milner is my 1st choice on the right. Milner came on for Gerrard and did more in 5 mins that Gerard did for the whole match. Incidently I thought Gerard looked very dis-interested in that game, very surprising as he was given the captain's armband.....

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Wright-Philips is a lot better than spyman gives him credit for, but I'd definately have Lennon on the form he was in before his injury, given his injury problems though I doubt he'll reach the same form for a while, simelar story with Walcott, but Walcott is very hit and miss even when injury free. One week he'll dominate a game on his own, the next he fades into obscurity and is bullied out of the game (like against Egypt.)

Now my biggest problem here is this "Egypt destroyed us in the first half"...we were by far the better team for the entire game bar a couple of 5 minute spells, we created several great chances in the first but fluffed them, Egypt on the other hand took advantage of a defensive blunder and finished their only real chance very well. Class told in the end and the better team won with plenty still in the tank. Egypt are also a very good side dispite the mysterious inability to get through a WC Qualifying campaign, people sing Ghana & Ivory Coast's praises regularly...well Egypt consistantly beat those boys at the ACON. Friendly or no, a win over Egypt is a decent result, I rate Egypt higher than any of the teams in our group.