Chester City

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

TKOA
Team Supported: Darlington

Chester City

Post by TKOA » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:46 pm

If someones already posted this then ignore it, but its been confirmed then will start the new season on -25 points and vaughan wont appeal. Not looking good for them at all.

TeessideQuaker

Re: Chester City

Post by TeessideQuaker » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:51 pm

They'll be fine, they have Greg upfront remember.

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:07 pm

I know he scored alot the last time he played in the conference, but he'll have to do something special this time!

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:11 pm

Gutted for Chester fans. As if they haven't been through enough. I can see there being an AFC Chester by the time Vaughan is through with them.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:55 pm

There needs to be review of these points deductions IMO, -30 for Luton last season and now this, it's beyond ridiculous and completely OTT.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:57 pm

It could have been so easily us in the position they find themselves. More or less condemned to relegation before a ball has been kicked in anger this season. On top of that they'll no doubt struggle with crowds of between 500 & 1000

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:19 pm

This is just so typical of the world of football today. The rich get money thrown at them and those down in the gutter get a kick in the teeth .... :roll: It makes you wonder when and where it will all end .... :thumbdown:

On a similar note, I've Just seen (SKY Sports news) Sven Erikson at Notts County moaning on about the madness of money in football (RE: The Man City situation) .... This really is the most hypocrytical interview I have ever witnessed .... This guy must have his head stuck so far up his own backside he can't see the wood for the trees .... :roll:

Notts_Quaker

Post by Notts_Quaker » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:53 pm

AIDO wrote:This is just so typical of the world of football today. The rich get money thrown at them and those down in the gutter get a kick in the teeth .... :roll: It makes you wonder when and where it will all end .... :thumbdown:

On a similar note, I've Just seen (SKY Sports news) Sven Erikson at Notts County moaning on about the madness of money in football (RE: The Man City situation) .... This really is the most hypocrytical interview I have ever witnessed .... This guy must have his head stuck so far up his own backside he can't see the wood for the trees .... :roll:

Yeah, money in football is madness when a Director of Football at a league 2 club is earning £2million a year! Hypocrite is not a strong enough word for him.

mikey53

Post by mikey53 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:55 pm

I have said this before. The premiershit management call the english league system the "FOOTBALL FAMILY"
How many families watch their smaller brothers and sisters die of starvation.

The_Ozzman_Cometh

Post by The_Ozzman_Cometh » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:18 pm

I'm sure I read somewhere were the Argrntinian League season had either been suspended or not even statred due to the top clubs in the league having financial difficuties.

The Ozzman
The World is Full of Kings & Queens
Who Blind your Eyes then Steal your Dreams

doc_64

Post by doc_64 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:49 am

sorry to say, looks like curtains for chester -25 thats a big ask to make up

MSG Quaker

Post by MSG Quaker » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:11 am

IMO I think if the FA are going to deducted a silly amount of points for the likes of Chester and Luton ( which i think is wrong) thye should just demote them to the league below. By deducting points the league is not just a waste of time for them but also does not show a true reflection of results. At least if they where demoted everybody would be playing on a level field.
MSG QUAKER

phillyallinson

Post by phillyallinson » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:56 am

i bet all of the chester city well gutted. they dnt have cat n hell chance