Leeds Sold Over 3500 tickets

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo Devil
Team Supported: Darlington

Leeds Sold Over 3500 tickets

Post by Darlo Devil » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:18 am

I have just been informed that Leeds United have sold out of their allocation of 3500 tickets for the live televised game on Monday night. How mental is that. . . . They have asked for more tickets too! They have been allocated the North stand which will create a mint atmosphere. Now come on all you Darlo fans. Get your tickets bought and watch it at the Arena and not on the tv. We can't have Leeds United fans spoiling the party. . . Lets try and break the 8000 attendance. COME ON DARLO. . . . :thumbup:

going_back_to_cali

Re: Leeds Sold Over 3500 tickets

Post by going_back_to_cali » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:21 am

Good news in that it will provide much needed income for the club but I've a feeling they might outnumber us which will be embarassing on SKY.

How many do you think we can sell?

Darlo Devil

Post by Darlo Devil » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:31 am

I'd like to think we can sell around the 5000 mark. After all we've just come out of administation, it's the first home game of the season and it's Leeds United. By far the biggist competetive game at home for a long time.

phillyallinson

Post by phillyallinson » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:55 am

i hope we get over 6,000 mark. dont watch on t.v be there at the ground.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:27 pm

I'm sure we could give them another 2000 tickets without causing any problems. With them getting the North Stand, it will mean that the cameras which are based in the North Stand will be showing a largely empty stadium, including a deserted East Stand.

Darlo_Weststand19

Post by Darlo_Weststand19 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:28 pm

Should be a crowd of around 9 or 10 thousand.

JerseyDarlo

Post by JerseyDarlo » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:03 pm

going_back_to_cali wrote:Good news in that it will provide much needed income for the club but I've a feeling they might outnumber us which will be embarassing on SKY.

How many do you think we can sell?
Well all darlo fans need to just spend the next day or so making a guy falks type dummy that they can sit next to you whould not need to pay for the extra seat and it would make our crowd look twice as big.....

Once again some outside the box thinking from me!

willphil
Team Supported: Darlington FC, Cas Tigers RLFC

Post by willphil » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:05 pm

lol Leeds lads will be over the ground....should be fun....they'll put the shitty little chavs in their place lol

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:47 pm

I have to admit I had a bit of a laugh at some of the comments above there.

Leeds would easily out number any club in our division, but unlike most of the clubs in our division we are able to offer a much bigger allocation.

It's the icing on the cake really, coming out administration a bigger than usual crowd and the TV money will give the club a good pay day which at the end of the day is what it's all about.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Beano

Post by Beano » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:37 pm

quaker4life wrote:I have to admit I had a bit of a laugh at some of the comments above there.

Leeds would easily out number any club in our division, but unlike most of the clubs in our division we are able to offer a much bigger allocation.
Spot on.

Leeds can have the full 10,000 as long as they pay for them, needs musts and all that.

As we are on Sky, many of the 'floaters' will simply watch from home or a pub in town.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:46 pm

Beano wrote:
quaker4life wrote:I have to admit I had a bit of a laugh at some of the comments above there.

Spot on.

Leeds can have the full 10,000 as long as they pay for them, needs musts and all that.

As we are on Sky, many of the 'floaters' will simply watch from home or a pub in town.
Depsite falling down the league's Leeds are still an attraction.

I can see many floaters turning out as we're playing them, finally we get the luck of the draw!
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Darlo Cockney

Post by Darlo Cockney » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:54 pm

Lets just hope we get the "Service" side of the Club sorted out.

We need to make sure that the bars are well stocked and well staffed and similar arrangements are made for the concourses.

An opportunity for the Club to bring in some much welcomed cash.

Lets not cock this one up.

DC
Started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:58 pm

I think we'd sell comfortably 5000 if it wasn't on SKY, however with it being televised I dare say we'll lose fans because of the rare novelty of being able to see a Darlo game from the comfort of their own home or down the pub or whatever.

going_back_to_cali

Post by going_back_to_cali » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:13 pm

The thing is you can never tell with this pathetic town.

I didn't expect as many as there were at the last Leeds game in the JPT but there was and that was on SKY. That was around 8k so in theory we should get more with this being a league cup game, but as I said, who knows!

Darlo Cockney

Post by Darlo Cockney » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:59 pm

According to official Leeds site, we will be selling tickets to away fans at the ground on Monday.

Sensible decision.

DC
Started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:02 pm

Darlo Cockney wrote:According to official Leeds site, we will be selling tickets to away fans at the ground on Monday.

Sensible decision.

DC
I wish I could agree DC but I don't because we have a track record of games being delayed when larger than usual crowds turn up.

Sky won't have a delay and if anyone turns up late they will probably kick off anyway and rightly so.

Darlo_Whites
Team Supported: Leeds United

Post by Darlo_Whites » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:01 pm

I don't think we have sold out. The ticket office were still accepting tickets today, i'm only expecting around 2,500 Leeds fans there max, anything more and it's a very good show against a side we play every season and a game that's on sky.

We've all got a bit of paper saying we can't park at the ground as well :lol:

mikey53

Post by mikey53 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:37 pm

This is interesting.
Positive comment by Darlo Devil saying that SUPER LEEDS have sold 3500 tickets and are wanting more.
Negative comment by Darlo_Whites commenting on 2500 tickets sold by SUPER LEEDS ( that team that have been in the wrong league for the past 3 years)

Who do you think will be proved right.

Darlo_Whites

Post by Darlo_Whites » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:48 pm

mikey53 wrote:This is interesting.
Positive comment by Darlo Devil saying that SUPER LEEDS have sold 3500 tickets and are wanting more.
Negative comment by Darlo_Whites commenting on 2500 tickets sold by SUPER LEEDS ( that team that have been in the wrong league for the past 3 years)

Who do you think will be proved right.
I hope Darlo Devil, be a very good payday for you. Nice local game followed by a 500 mile round trip on Saturday to Wycombe (where we have sold out our 2000 allocation)

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:33 pm

Are you from Leeds and live in Darlo?

Or are you from Darlo?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:02 am

quaker4life wrote:
Darlo Cockney wrote:According to official Leeds site, we will be selling tickets to away fans at the ground on Monday.

Sensible decision.

DC
I wish I could agree DC but I don't because we have a track record of games being delayed when larger than usual crowds turn up.

Sky won't have a delay and if anyone turns up late they will probably kick off anyway and rightly so.
So you're all for away fans who couldn't get a ticket turning up on the day and going in the home end?

Another well thought out post by quaker4life :roll:
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:37 am

The money we will get from Sky must equate to about 2,500 paying customers coming through the turnstiles? Therefore if the match wasn't televised and if the so-called stay away fans came to the game we wouldn't definately be any better off financially would we. The Leeds fans watching on TV probably wouldn't travel to watch us in the cup on a Monday night anyway, therefore their support would be about the same, and our support probably wouldn't be significantly greater either. I think if 2,500 - 3,000 Leeds fans come and we can make 4,000 (optomistic?) a crowd of 6,500 - 7,000 is a good turn out. Now, if we play well who knows one or two may come again.
COME ON DARLO!

Darlo_Whites

Post by Darlo_Whites » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:06 am

Quakerz wrote:Are you from Leeds and live in Darlo?

Or are you from Darlo?
Born Bishop, lived Darlo but spent the last 23 years in Aycliffe. Wouldn't change being a Leeds fan for the world, have a look at where we were (league wise) in 1988/89 when i was old enough to have a season ticket.

Bearing in mind that i work in Darlo and where i drink in town, i have a good bit of banter with your fans, even if i have to put up with 20 of them singing "we all hate Leeds scum" on non-matchdays ;)

Time to go, Exeter at home

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:26 am

That was our opener last year :o 2-2

Didn't fancy them to go up but they kept the momentum of promotion from CP

willphil
Team Supported: Darlington FC, Cas Tigers RLFC

Post by willphil » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:53 am

Darlo_Whites wrote:

Or are you from Darlo?
Born Bishop, lived Darlo but spent the last 23 years in Aycliffe. Wouldn't change being a Leeds fan for the world, have a look at where we were (league wise) in 1988/89 when i was old enough to have a season ticket.

Bearing in mind that i work in Darlo and where i drink in town, i have a good bit of banter with your fans, even if i have to put up with 20 of them singing "we all hate Leeds scum" on non-matchdays ;)

straight to hell

bigrichiet

Post by bigrichiet » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:08 am

Spyman wrote:
quaker4life wrote:

Sensible decision.

DC

So you're all for away fans who couldn't get a ticket turning up on the day and going in the home end?

Another well thought out post by quaker4life :roll:
yeah, wtf are you goin on about QFL? I dont give a fuck if 5000 leeds fans turn up at half time without tickets. As long as they pay their money and go in the away end, then its more dosh for the darlo

Darlo_Whites

Post by Darlo_Whites » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:27 pm

willphil wrote:
Darlo_Whites wrote:

Or are you from Darlo?

straight to hell
:shh: Not in town on Monday due to work, have to settle with drinking in The Copper Beech instead