Tyrone O'Neill

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Vodka_Vic
Team Supported: Darlington

Tyrone O'Neill

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:13 pm

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/foo ... l-27802848

Incredible drop for him. Being at Tamworth next week reminds me of when he fired us to Walsall.

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Re: Tyrone O'Neill

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:24 pm

Was a great finisher

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:25 pm

Seems a shame with the talent these two players undoubtedly have to play in Sunday league football.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:29 pm

You can have all the talent in the world but without application and dedication you’ll achieve very little in this world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:52 pm

Quaker85 wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:29 pm
You can have all the talent in the world but without application and dedication you’ll achieve very little in this world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Correct, I suppose they must of had enough of pro/part time football, it can be a cruel sport

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:54 pm

Would it be the worst idea in the world to invite these 2 lads to train with us for a couple of weeks ?
From memory Tyrone could at least hold the ball up and bring others into the game, something we are definitely missing at the moment. We just don’t have anyone up front who can hold on to the ball and set up the likes of Nelson, Hatfield or Liddle. Maybe he has had his chances, but like Vodka Vic I can well remember how good he was in that cup tie at Tamworth nearly 4 years ago now.

BM1883

Post by BM1883 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:01 pm

Old Git wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:54 pm
Would it be the worst idea in the world to invite these 2 lads to train with us for a couple of weeks ?
From memory Tyrone could at least hold the ball up and bring others into the game, something we are definitely missing at the moment. We just don’t have anyone up front who can hold on to the ball and set up the likes of Nelson, Hatfield or Liddle. Maybe he has had his chances, but like Vodka Vic I can well remember how good he was in that cup tie at Tamworth nearly 4 years ago now.
To be fair, wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. What have we got to lose? Tyrone was very effective in terms of his hold up play, even if that frees up Hazel..

Something has got to give....

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:13 pm

We could certainly match Stockton Sunday League wages

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:33 pm

Ty is playing for Guisborough Town in NL1 (Step 5)
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:54 pm

quakersam wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:33 pm
Ty is playing for Guisborough Town in NL1 (Step 5)
Dual registration then

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:26 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:13 pm
We could certainly match Stockton Sunday League wages
If they are anything like some Sunday leagues I am not so sure...

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:20 pm

Old Git wrote:
I think it would be a great idea. Perhaps having a new manager with some different ideas & plans might persuade Ty to give it another go with us if he thinks he likes what he sees now as opposed to AA.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:16 pm

jjljks wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:20 pm
Old Git wrote:

I think it would be a great idea. Perhaps having a new manager with some different ideas & plans might persuade Ty to give it another go with us if he thinks he likes what he sees now as opposed to AA.
He was shite last time out. He’s been shite at recent clubs. There is a reason he’s dropped out of the game. Can we please stop banging on about ex players and have a little ambition ???

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:08 am

MB86DFC wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:16 pm
jjljks wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:20 pm
Old Git wrote:

He was shite last time out. He’s been shite at recent clubs. There is a reason he’s dropped out of the game. Can we please stop banging on about ex players and have a little ambition ???
Yes, are things really that bad? How fit is this lad and why is he playing at that level? It's easy to criticise all and sundry at the club but if the fans come up with daft ideas like this where does it end - Thommo is still playing somewhere, Pawel Abbot has probably looked after himself and Gabbiadini could probably chug about a penalty area for five minutes. Speedie would liven things up.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:09 am

He made little impact when last with us, this league has got stronger and he has probably found his level now.Must be far better options out there.

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk

DavidCurriesMullet

Post by DavidCurriesMullet » Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:54 am

Never the same after his injury at Scunthorpe. Whether he can now train as needed at this level, or simply had enough, his recent history doesn't suggest he would be any use to us in our current situation. If you're going to look at lower leagues, then there must be better options.