New keeper coach

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Post Reply
Alfie
Posts: 420
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 8:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Eye, Suffolk

New keeper coach

Post by Alfie » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:57 am


Darlofan97
Posts: 5678
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New keeper coach

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:32 pm

Not rated by one of our former GK's by the looks of it......

AndyPark
Posts: 12158
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: New keeper coach

Post by AndyPark » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:04 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:32 pm
Not rated by one of our former GK's by the looks of it......
Liam Connell for what it's worth, if anyone really gives a f*ck about which ex GK :lol:

bga
Posts: 2251
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New keeper coach

Post by bga » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:51 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:32 pm
Not rated by one of our former GK's by the looks of it......
You just knew that you would have to turn something positive into a negative! Yawn yawn.

Darlofan97
Posts: 5678
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New keeper coach

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:08 pm

I posted a fact. Why don’t you go dig out Connell for his (negative) tweet instead of digging me out!

My opinion
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New keeper coach

Post by My opinion » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:30 pm

Who gives a sh## ablot Connells thoughts. Apart from you
You seem to enjoy negative reports about anything Darlo. I deed, you start most of them.

Darlo_Rob
Posts: 615
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:23 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New keeper coach

Post by Darlo_Rob » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:31 pm

No idea what the new coach is like, but he can't be any worse than Provett.

Darlofan97
Posts: 5678
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New keeper coach

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:37 pm

Didn’t Provett work quite well with Peter Jameson?

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 2374
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New keeper coach

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:34 pm

You must have dug deep to find that gem. Talk about giving people a chance!!

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 14057
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New keeper coach

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:02 pm

Welcome to the club Steve, hope you enjoy your stay with us. Just ignore the negative comments on here!!!

Lallacab
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:49 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New keeper coach

Post by Lallacab » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:05 pm

This is starting to get very boring now - let’s just appoint 97 as DoF and let him crack on

Have a feeling never played or coached in the game at any decent level but his ‘stats’ tell him he’s right

Darlofan97
Posts: 5678
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New keeper coach

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:24 pm

I literally never passed my opinion. I just posted what Connell said.

Getting personal are we, Lallacab?

Zzzzzzz

Emdubya
Posts: 1111
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New keeper coach

Post by Emdubya » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:24 pm

Lallacab wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:05 pm
This is starting to get very boring now - let’s just appoint 97 as DoF and let him crack on

Have a feeling never played or coached in the game at any decent level but his ‘stats’ tell him he’s right
He’ll hath no fury like a 97 scorned.
And that’s where all his bile comes from.

Lallacab
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:49 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New keeper coach

Post by Lallacab » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:26 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:24 pm
I literally never passed my opinion. I just posted what Connell said.

Getting personal are we, Lallacab?

Zzzzzzz

It’s just boring mate - simple as that really

Darlofan97
Posts: 5678
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New keeper coach

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:29 pm

Lallacab wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:26 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:24 pm
I literally never passed my opinion. I just posted what Connell said.

Getting personal are we, Lallacab?

Zzzzzzz

It’s just boring mate - simple as that really
Some people do actually agree with me, believe it or not.

Lallacab
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:49 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New keeper coach

Post by Lallacab » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:30 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:29 pm
Lallacab wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:26 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:24 pm
I literally never passed my opinion. I just posted what Connell said.

Getting personal are we, Lallacab?

Zzzzzzz

It’s just boring mate - simple as that really
Some people do actually agree with me, believe it or not.
Totally get it , I agree with parts too , but the constant negativity is just wearing a bit think that’s all

Darlopj
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:36 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New keeper coach

Post by Darlopj » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:34 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:29 pm
Lallacab wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:26 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:24 pm
I literally never passed my opinion. I just posted what Connell said.

Getting personal are we, Lallacab?

Zzzzzzz

It’s just boring mate - simple as that really
Some people do actually agree with me, believe it or not.
Yeh, like Quaker Sam and all your other mates. As egos go, yours is right up there.

Darlofan97
Posts: 5678
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New keeper coach

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:38 pm

However you are confusing negativity with actually being realistic, and honest, with the predicament we are in & the decisions being made.

I know it’s jarring, however it’s very difficult to not say something when you are watching the club get pumped every week.

We are where we are for a reason. Bad decisions are being made. There is still time to correct them.

Darlofan97
Posts: 5678
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New keeper coach

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:41 pm

Darlopj wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:34 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:29 pm
Lallacab wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:26 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:24 pm
I literally never passed my opinion. I just posted what Connell said.

Getting personal are we, Lallacab?

Zzzzzzz

It’s just boring mate - simple as that really
Some people do actually agree with me, believe it or not.
Yeh, like Quaker Sam and all your other mates. As egos go, yours is right up there.
Another personal dig….

Whilst I disagree regularly with other people’s points of view, I don’t attack their character.

Come on, man.

User avatar
CrazyDarlo
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:22 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Thirsk

Re: New keeper coach

Post by CrazyDarlo » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:42 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:08 pm
I posted a fact. Why don’t you go dig out Connell for his (negative) tweet instead of digging me out!
Because it’s not relevant, why would anyone care about the opinion of some random goalkeeper who had a brief spell with us 5 years ago?

Darlofan97
Posts: 5678
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New keeper coach

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:43 pm

CrazyDarlo wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:42 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:08 pm
I posted a fact. Why don’t you go dig out Connell for his (negative) tweet instead of digging me out!
Because it’s not relevant, why would anyone care about the opinion of some random goalkeeper who had a brief spell with us 5 years ago?
As he is a goalkeeper in the North-East non-league circuit, it is a bit of a concern he publicly thinks this is a poor appointment?

I don’t have an opinion either way. I hope he has a successful spell with us.

User avatar
CrazyDarlo
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:22 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Thirsk

Re: New keeper coach

Post by CrazyDarlo » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:47 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:43 pm
CrazyDarlo wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:42 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:08 pm
I posted a fact. Why don’t you go dig out Connell for his (negative) tweet instead of digging me out!
Because it’s not relevant, why would anyone care about the opinion of some random goalkeeper who had a brief spell with us 5 years ago?
As he is a goalkeeper in the North-East non-league circuit, it is a bit of a concern he publicly thinks this is a poor appointment?

I don’t have an opinion either way. I hope he has a successful spell with us.
No it isn’t. Every coach in the land will have had positive and negative experiences with players. Plenty to have a moan and a rant about at the minute, you don’t have to go searching for dirt on a coach none of us know anything about.

Darlofan97
Posts: 5678
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New keeper coach

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:49 pm

CrazyDarlo wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:47 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:43 pm
CrazyDarlo wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:42 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:08 pm
I posted a fact. Why don’t you go dig out Connell for his (negative) tweet instead of digging me out!
Because it’s not relevant, why would anyone care about the opinion of some random goalkeeper who had a brief spell with us 5 years ago?
As he is a goalkeeper in the North-East non-league circuit, it is a bit of a concern he publicly thinks this is a poor appointment?

I don’t have an opinion either way. I hope he has a successful spell with us.
No it isn’t. Every coach in the land will have had positive and negative experiences with players. Plenty to have a moan and a rant about at the minute, you don’t have to go searching for dirt on a coach none of us know anything about.
I didn’t. I just happened to see Connell’s response to the Official Darlo twitter/account when they announced it this morning.

You, again, continue to twist my words/context of what I am saying, and it never ceases to amaze me.

User avatar
CrazyDarlo
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:22 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Thirsk

Re: New keeper coach

Post by CrazyDarlo » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:58 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:49 pm
CrazyDarlo wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:47 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:43 pm
CrazyDarlo wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:42 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:08 pm
I posted a fact. Why don’t you go dig out Connell for his (negative) tweet instead of digging me out!
Because it’s not relevant, why would anyone care about the opinion of some random goalkeeper who had a brief spell with us 5 years ago?
As he is a goalkeeper in the North-East non-league circuit, it is a bit of a concern he publicly thinks this is a poor appointment?

I don’t have an opinion either way. I hope he has a successful spell with us.
No it isn’t. Every coach in the land will have had positive and negative experiences with players. Plenty to have a moan and a rant about at the minute, you don’t have to go searching for dirt on a coach none of us know anything about.
I didn’t. I just happened to see Connell’s response to the Official Darlo twitter/account when they announced it this morning.

You, again, continue to twist my words/context of what I am saying, and it never ceases to amaze me.
Would you mind sharing this damming tweet with the rest of us? It must be really bad.

Darlo Dodger
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:50 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New keeper coach

Post by Darlo Dodger » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:22 pm

As far as I can see the link to Liam Connell's assessment on X is here:

https://twitter.com/Connel1/with_replies

It consists of a single Emoji.

The 'see no evil' one.

https://emojipedia.org/see-no-evil-monkey#

User avatar
CrazyDarlo
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:22 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Thirsk

Re: New keeper coach

Post by CrazyDarlo » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:58 pm

Darlo Dodger wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:22 pm
As far as I can see the link to Liam Connell's assessment on X is here:

https://twitter.com/Connel1/with_replies

It consists of a single Emoji.

The 'see no evil' one.

https://emojipedia.org/see-no-evil-monkey#
Bloody hell that is concerning

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 12592
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New keeper coach

Post by Spyman » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:13 am

Liam Connell has also retweeted something from Jim Provett essentially saying he's looking to get back into work.

I wouldn't read too much into a throw away tweet about the guy who has replaced his mate, Provett, personally.

I certainly don't see that there's anything to gain by amplifying it and putting doubts in people's minds when the guy has barely started his new job.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 7070
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New keeper coach

Post by loan_star » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:47 am

When we signed Connell, a manager I know very well on the northern league circuit said he wasn't very good.
I also know a well known goalkeeper coach employed at Premier League level who didn't rate Provett either!
Its all about opinions at the end of the day.

Talking of Provett, I saw a video on YouTube the other day showing highlights of his career. He was a very good keeper when it came to shot stopping etc.

Post Reply