Peterborough V Darlington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

User avatar
CrazyDarlo
Posts: 1102
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:22 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Thirsk

Re: Peterborough V Darlington

Post by CrazyDarlo » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:02 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:40 pm
CrazyDarlo wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:36 pm
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:32 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:55 pm
People need to start talking about the obvious....which is:

1) The decision to sell Kaine Felix

2) Opting against extending Finlay Barnes' loan

3) The decision to replace neither.

Gowling has now finally seen the light & ditched 3/5 at the back, the problem being we now have a squad stacked with full/wing-backs, when priority should have been ensuring Felix & Barnes stayed, or, replacing them like for like.

Rivers is the only winger in the squad. Salkeld can play right-wing, but he is our make-shift centre-forward!

This is why I cannot be too critical of Hazel for last night's performance; he is playing right-wing!
It's ridiculous.

Even if we had persisted with 5 at the back we could have played 2 strikers still, in a 3-5-2/5-3-2 formation but have never done so.

5-4-1 against the s*** that is Gloucester City had me worried from day 1.

Why can't we just try Nelson and Hazel up top as a striking pair, for 2 or 3 matches? Too obvious?
We have done!! We tried it against Kings Lynn, against Scunthorpe and on numerous occasions last season. The forwards at the club will not get us out of trouble.
I don't recall us starting AN and JH together against King's Lynn? If so, were they actually 2 forwards or some bastardised version of a sort f forward line?

Scunthorpe was under AA not JG and last season is now irrelevant.
We did, 5-3-2. We also started with a 5-3-2 (Hazel & Simms upfront) against Blyth but changed it at half time as it wasn’t working.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 6448
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Peterborough V Darlington

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:11 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:18 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:03 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:20 pm
If I get time, I'll go through his Expected Assists which looks at chances created per 90, pre & post Jan.
While you're at it can you offer up data on; the players will to win/commitment/mental attitude in times of adversity/understanding and acting on given instructions - that sort of thing.
What are you waffling on about?
No need for that 97.

You think that data is the be all and end all of football.

I’m pointing out that it isn’t, football is far more nuanced than that.

The point I’ve made has obviously gone over your head.
Oh Blackwell Meadows clock - You are a waste of time
If kick off time is three PM - You’ll read five past nine

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 1346
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Peterborough V Darlington

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:37 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:11 pm

You think that data is the be all and end all of football.

I’m pointing out that it isn’t, football is far more nuanced than that.
Funny thing is, well not so funny, is JG seems to be massive on data too.

These are division 6 part time players, not Premier League stars.

Darlofan97
Posts: 5583
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Peterborough V Darlington

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:05 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:11 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:18 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:03 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:20 pm
If I get time, I'll go through his Expected Assists which looks at chances created per 90, pre & post Jan.
While you're at it can you offer up data on; the players will to win/commitment/mental attitude in times of adversity/understanding and acting on given instructions - that sort of thing.
What are you waffling on about?
No need for that 97.

You think that data is the be all and end all of football.

I’m pointing out that it isn’t, football is far more nuanced than that.

The point I’ve made has obviously gone over your head.
Eh?

Where have I ever said data is the be and end all?

Spyman asked me for Felix’s stats, I provided them.

Football is a lot more nuanced than data, of course I know this. Football is not played on a spreadsheet.

Darlofan97
Posts: 5583
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Peterborough V Darlington

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:14 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:37 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:11 pm

You think that data is the be all and end all of football.

I’m pointing out that it isn’t, football is far more nuanced than that.
Funny thing is, well not so funny, is JG seems to be massive on data too.

These are division 6 part time players, not Premier League stars.
Josh Gowling is just doing now what other clubs at this level have been doing for a while now.

90% of clubs are utilising it as this level, some very effectively, but it’s not the golden bullet.

It should be used to inform/support decision-making, but there is still so much weight in effective coaching & management (as we saw with Alun).

Quakers2009
Posts: 231
Joined: Wed May 24, 2023 4:37 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Peterborough V Darlington

Post by Quakers2009 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:15 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:37 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:11 pm

You think that data is the be all and end all of football.

I’m pointing out that it isn’t, football is far more nuanced than that.
Funny thing is, well not so funny, is JG seems to be massive on data too.

These are division 6 part time players, not Premier League stars.
These aren't Premier League stars, no, but data is useful at this level. I believe it should be taken advantage of, but not dictate the day-to-day - your eyes don't tell lies and all that.

PS, 97, I wouldn't have bothered replying, another unfounded dig by TOFC.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 6448
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Peterborough V Darlington

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:50 pm

Quakers2009 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:15 pm
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:37 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:11 pm

You think that data is the be all and end all of football.

I’m pointing out that it isn’t, football is far more nuanced than that.
Funny thing is, well not so funny, is JG seems to be massive on data too.

These are division 6 part time players, not Premier League stars.
These aren't Premier League stars, no, but data is useful at this level. I believe it should be taken advantage of, but not dictate the day-to-day - your eyes don't tell lies and all that.

PS, 97, I wouldn't have bothered replying, another unfounded dig by TOFC.

Hang on 2009 - every time I converse with 97 you pop up to stick up for him! It’s like you’re related to him or something 😀

And if you read back you’ll see I made no dig at 97.
Oh Blackwell Meadows clock - You are a waste of time
If kick off time is three PM - You’ll read five past nine

Darlofan97
Posts: 5583
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Peterborough V Darlington

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:56 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:50 pm
Quakers2009 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:15 pm
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:37 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:11 pm

You think that data is the be all and end all of football.

I’m pointing out that it isn’t, football is far more nuanced than that.
Funny thing is, well not so funny, is JG seems to be massive on data too.

These are division 6 part time players, not Premier League stars.
These aren't Premier League stars, no, but data is useful at this level. I believe it should be taken advantage of, but not dictate the day-to-day - your eyes don't tell lies and all that.

PS, 97, I wouldn't have bothered replying, another unfounded dig by TOFC.

Hang on 2009 - every time I converse with 97 you pop up to stick up for him! It’s like you’re related to him or something 😀

And if you read back you’ll see I made no dig at 97.
Or likely because he, like others, are fed up of you:

1) Having thinly-veiled digs at my character.

2) Saying things I simply have not said.

Ironically, when I have called you out for the above, you have said nothing back, only to hide away & then return for another dig.

Quakers2009
Posts: 231
Joined: Wed May 24, 2023 4:37 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Peterborough V Darlington

Post by Quakers2009 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:03 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:50 pm
Quakers2009 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:15 pm
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:37 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:11 pm

You think that data is the be all and end all of football.

I’m pointing out that it isn’t, football is far more nuanced than that.
Funny thing is, well not so funny, is JG seems to be massive on data too.

These are division 6 part time players, not Premier League stars.
These aren't Premier League stars, no, but data is useful at this level. I believe it should be taken advantage of, but not dictate the day-to-day - your eyes don't tell lies and all that.

PS, 97, I wouldn't have bothered replying, another unfounded dig by TOFC.

Hang on 2009 - every time I converse with 97 you pop up to stick up for him! It’s like you’re related to him or something 😀

And if you read back you’ll see I made no dig at 97.
I'm not related to DF97, I'm just sick of reading your shiite.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 6448
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Peterborough V Darlington

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:16 pm

Wow, what an unnecessary fuss from both of you.

97, I pointed out (in what I thought was a light hearted way) that football is far more nuanced than a load of data. You quote data in your postings a lot.

I mean just read back on this thread, you’re both overreacting.
Oh Blackwell Meadows clock - You are a waste of time
If kick off time is three PM - You’ll read five past nine

Darlofan97
Posts: 5583
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Peterborough V Darlington

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:11 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:16 pm
Wow, what an unnecessary fuss from both of you.

97, I pointed out (in what I thought was a light hearted way) that football is far more nuanced than a load of data. You quote data in your postings a lot.

I mean just read back on this thread, you’re both overreacting.
No, I’m not overreacting.

Over the last few days, you have made a number of personal digs against me.

The data thing wasn’t one of those, but it was another jibe to add to a long list.

Now, I couldn’t care less what you think about me, however the constant digs are becoming tiresome & boring to respond to on a public forum.

Don’t act surprised when you get called out on it.

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 2326
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Peterborough V Darlington

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:39 am

I'd settle for a bronze bullet right now!

Post Reply