Warrington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlopartisan
Posts: 1711
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:49 pm

Old Git wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:22 pm
lo36789 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:51 pm
I just hope we can not concede in the opening 10 minutes...

If we can do that and then sneak a goal I fancy us to win.

If we concede early...in fact when was the last time we won in in the league from a losing position?
For the record I think it was when we beat Telford 3-1 at home on 4th of February.
Oh you mean Hazels hat trick 😀

User avatar
Lawman3
Posts: 1273
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:47 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by Lawman3 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:46 pm

Playing without a recognised striker and only 4 subs. This doesn't bode well.....
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

Heaton out
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by Heaton out » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:03 pm

1-0 up come on!!!

Darlopartisan
Posts: 1711
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:19 pm

Lawman3 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:46 pm
Playing without a recognised striker and only 4 subs. This doesn't bode well.....
Might not bode well but we are playing well at the moment
N

User avatar
Lawman3
Posts: 1273
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:47 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by Lawman3 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:24 pm

What do I know? Strikers are overrated.

Really impressed so far.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

Darlopartisan
Posts: 1711
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:47 pm

Good first half from darlo, got to keep this momentum up in the second half , everyone is looking lively.
Great move for Rivers goal.
Keep it going!!

User avatar
TKOA
Posts: 926
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:59 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Manchester

Re: Warrington

Post by TKOA » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:53 pm

Typically the Chorley match was a fantastic stream but when we seem to be playing well it’s going off every 30 seconds. Is anyone else having problems?

tdk1
Posts: 2473
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by tdk1 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:59 pm

TKOA wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:53 pm
Typically the Chorley match was a fantastic stream but when we seem to be playing well it’s going off every 30 seconds. Is anyone else having problems?
It's atrocious. Sounds like it's the same for all matches

Heaton out
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by Heaton out » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:39 pm

Controlled the game played well only to concede a 90min equaliser! Devastated is an understatement 🤦‍♂️

lo36789
Posts: 10883
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by lo36789 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:45 pm

Heaton out wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:39 pm
Controlled the game played well only to concede a 90min equaliser! Devastated is an understatement 🤦‍♂️
Horrible to listen to...still that is 7 points from 5. Importantly it sounds like we were more than competitive.

People said 8 points from 6 games starting with Farsley. I think we are in track.

A win against Rushall would be a good return I think from the games (points wise).

Darlo Dodger
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:50 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by Darlo Dodger » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:48 pm

Heaton out wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:39 pm
Controlled the game played well only to concede a 90min equaliser! Devastated is an understatement 🤦‍♂️
That was a real sickener

User avatar
TKOA
Posts: 926
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:59 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Manchester

Re: Warrington

Post by TKOA » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:53 pm

Seen an update and you can request a refund by emailing nationalleaguelive@streamamg.com.

As for the match, the commentary called it, I called it, any Darlo fan knew what was going to happen. I see Rushall have won at Boston as well. We’ve got absolutely nee luck at all.

User avatar
grimsbyquaker
Posts: 470
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:03 pm
Team Supported: Darlington FC
Location: 53°22'N, 0°01'W

Re: Warrington

Post by grimsbyquaker » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:56 pm

I think had we won tonight we’d probably have gone and blown it Saturday. (I blame myself for taking off my mint green away shirt after 5-a-side and having a nervous shower. Come out and it’s 1-1)….Jonny back on Saturday plus Asante fitter and stronger. I’m quietly confident because this is still an awful league.

Comfortably_numb
Posts: 2068
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:23 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by Comfortably_numb » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:01 pm

Gutted to concede such a late equaliser - especially after chances to put the game to bed.

Hopefully the team can take the positives into the next match.

Onwards and upwards!

lo36789
Posts: 10883
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by lo36789 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:04 pm

TKOA wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:53 pm
I see Rushall have won at Boston as well. We’ve got absolutely nee luck at all.
I was less concerned with Rushall - it was the teams above Rushall I didn't want to win.

I still hope we can be out of the relegation zone by Xmas...

User avatar
TKOA
Posts: 926
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:59 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Manchester

Re: Warrington

Post by TKOA » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:06 pm

One of the Warrington fans on Facebook:

For me a thoroughly undeserved draw we were second best throughout

Warrington hit the bar (That’s what I feel like doing) and offered nothing until the equaliser but we missed far too many chances you just knew what was going to happen. I’ll have to watch the replay back as I may have this wrong but it seemed like Rivers should have shot straight away instead of trying to take it round the keeper.

Grimsby Quaker if you could keep the mint green away shirt on Saturday between 3 and we’ll say quarter past 5 to be safe then that would be great thanks.

User avatar
TKOA
Posts: 926
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:59 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Manchester

Re: Warrington

Post by TKOA » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:08 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:04 pm
TKOA wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:53 pm
I see Rushall have won at Boston as well. We’ve got absolutely nee luck at all.
I was less concerned with Rushall - it was the teams above Rushall I didn't want to win.

I still hope we can be out of the relegation zone by Xmas...
If we can carry on creating chances with a fitter Asante and Nelson to come back then you never know. We can’t afford to fall any further behind though that’s for sure.

tdk1
Posts: 2473
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by tdk1 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:11 pm

We're still not quite adrift of the pack but these hiccups are really going to start hurting soon. We need to be picking up points before Christmas before the fixtures start getting harder again.

Fwiw it looks like as well as the current bottom 5-6 there are some teams losing form who could get sucked into the pack. But it's up to us to show the character to start hauling these teams in with consistent displays and not suffering either catastrophes like Chorley or chucking away good performances like tonight and the first half v Peterborough.

I'd also imagine we're still due a new signing or two, perhaps another creative player, another forward, and another defender.

Whether curry will come back in I don't know, obviously mustoe is so far gone he's not even mentioned in the match previews, and windass doesn't appear to be able to get fit, but we seem to be stuck with him unless we have a mid season break clause. Whether we're still likely to lose any more when decent recruitment at this point is still so tough I don't know.

The signings so far have been patchy, but some look decent. Lindley is probably the pick, ngandu it's hard to tell because we have so little creativity that he becomes an automatic pick regardless of his effectiveness, and Rowe I think the jury is very much out.

All in all a good performance tonight, but that inability to see it out means things feel a bit glass half empty, and if you put a gun to my head just now I'd say we were more likely to go down than not. There are positive signs but we're going to run out of road if we don't translate that into consistency.

Finally, I think even though gowling has very much split the fanbase - some seem to hate him, some are just ambivalent - it's probably time to get behind him at least until Christmas or we'll be back in limbo, which I would argue is far worse.

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 7075
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by loan_star » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:22 pm

Well that was a better performance with some good football played. We deserved a win.
By the way, Moke’s goal should have stood. Nothing wrong with it at all.

LoidLucan
Posts: 4503
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:25 pm

From what I saw tonight Asante looks a long, long way off match sharpness. I think we may need to be patient, putting it mildly.

Old Git
Posts: 3155
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by Old Git » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:26 pm

Can’t fault the effort tonight from everyone on the pitch, but we really need to be beating teams as poor as Warrington. On the plus side this League is full of some really average teams and there is still hope we can get out of the trouble we are in. A win on Saturday is really needed, but overall more encouraged that we can do it, if we can repeat the energy levels we showed tonight.
Tommy Taylor appeared to get involved in a spat with a fan in the Tin Shed after the game finished. Don’t know what was said, but really poor of him to get involved gesturing and shouting with someone in the crowd, even if provoked. I have to wonder whether he just wants to be away from the club.

jjljks
Posts: 2998
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by jjljks » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:31 pm

1st 45mns we played really well, pressed & had a bit of luck when Warrington hit our bar. Defence held a high line very well & we scored a rare Rivers goal to round off an excellent move.
2nd half we had a chance to wrap it up if Moke had shot rather than passing. Gradually Warrington got on top & inevitably got a last minute equaliser after TT punched down instead of catching or punching high & ball went straight to them, struck into ground then luckily for them bounced over a melee; 1-1
Sickener.
We had done enough to get all 3 pts but now find ourselves further adrift.

onewayup
Posts: 2828
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by onewayup » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:37 pm

One thing that concerns me is we only had 14 fit players tonight, injury and suspension created that plus Hazel going to boston.that makes 22players on the books, no mention of mustoe not on injury list not on suspension where is MUSTOE,no mention in any columns in anything,has he been left out or has his contract been terminated.is he at the club or not. If he is why was he not on the bench tonight only 4subs named one was Kenzie harker . just wondering what happened to MUSTOE

Old Git
Posts: 3155
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by Old Git » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:37 pm

jjljks wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:31 pm
1st 45mns we played really well, pressed & had a bit of luck when Warrington hit our bar. Defence held a high line very well & we scored a rare Rivers goal to round off an excellent move.
2nd half we had a chance to wrap it up if Moke had shot rather than passing. Gradually Warrington got on top & inevitably got a last minute equaliser after TT punched down instead of catching or punching high & ball went straight to them, struck into ground then luckily for them bounced over a melee; 1-1
Sickener.
We had done enough to get all 3 pts but now find ourselves further adrift.
No we are now 7 points of safety, and it was 8 points before tonight’s game.

Spratts corner
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:36 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by Spratts corner » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:48 pm

I think the fan at the end was getting at Taylor for his piss poor punch which let’s be honest
Isn’t the first time

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 7075
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by loan_star » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:53 pm

Mustoe is injured according to Gowling

bga
Posts: 2257
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by bga » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:58 pm

Old Git wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:37 pm
jjljks wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:31 pm
1st 45mns we played really well, pressed & had a bit of luck when Warrington hit our bar. Defence held a high line very well & we scored a rare Rivers goal to round off an excellent move.
2nd half we had a chance to wrap it up if Moke had shot rather than passing. Gradually Warrington got on top & inevitably got a last minute equaliser after TT punched down instead of catching or punching high & ball went straight to them, struck into ground then luckily for them bounced over a melee; 1-1
Sickener.
We had done enough to get all 3 pts but now find ourselves further adrift.
No we are now 7 points of safety, and it was 8 points before tonight’s game.
Sorry Old Git we are 8 points adrift because our goal difference is the worst in the league and there's no way we will score 18 more goals than Peterborough this season! Think my maths is correct?

bga
Posts: 2257
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by bga » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:00 pm

loan_star wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:53 pm
Mustoe is injured according to Gowling
He's not on the injured list in the pre-match write up. Maybe Gowling needs to tell Ray!

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 6673
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:31 pm

loan_star wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:22 pm
Well that was a better performance with some good football played. We deserved a win.
By the way, Moke’s goal should have stood. Nothing wrong with it at all.
Are you being serious Loan-star?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

biccynana
Posts: 999
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Warrington

Post by biccynana » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:49 am

AndyPark wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:21 pm
Quakers2009 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:15 pm
Who’s Asanti?
Thinking that myself, amount of people getting the name wrong :lol: :lol: Gave me a chuckle.
Shades of Josh Gillies/Gilles.

Post Reply