Darlington V Rushall

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

QUAKERMAN2
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Rushall

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:01 pm

At the end of the day Gowlings signings have been just awful,barring a couple. I cannot see us surviving if he remains in charge and if the board stick with him next season really think the BTB will be a disaster.

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:11 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:38 pm
LoidLucan wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:49 pm
This week has pretty much confirmed for me what our fate will be. The inability to get the required goals and leaking poor goals against two really bad sides says it all really.

We are just not good enough to stay in this league. Couple our inadequacies against poor sides with lots of inevitable defeats against the better sides and this is only heading one way.

There may be lots of brave words from JG saying "This will turn" but the reality is we will be going down on merit. We haven't got what it will take to get out of this.

The hit to income on match day is already becoming apparent and at some stage we'll need to think about how we'll approach things in the league below.
Yep, match day income is going to be way down this season. I would have liked to hear the answer to the question at the forum of how relegation will effect us financially but it was hijacked by Gowling. It may be sensible to do what a lot of newly promoted teams do in the EPL, accept that you are going to go down and don't spend silly money trying to avoid it, just make sure you are financially stable when you start in the league below and can have a go at promotion. Don't hold a mid-season BTB, wait until the summer when we have a new manager in charge.
Accept we are going down? It's not even December yet, What kind of attitude is that?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:13 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:01 pm
At the end of the day Gowlings signings have been just awful,barring a couple. I cannot see us surviving if he remains in charge and if the board stick with him next season really think the BTB will be a disaster.

And AA’s were great and he spent the 160k well????

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:23 pm

Heaton out wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

In my opinion AA's signings have not been as bad as Gowlings rightly or wrongly.

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:26 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:23 pm
Heaton out wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

In my opinion AA's signings have not been as bad as Gowlings rightly or wrongly.

So AA spent the 160k well in your opinion? And how much has JG blew in comparison..I’ll wait

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:29 pm

Also AA was recruiting in the summer. Gowling has been trying to overhaul the squad mid season, with the budget more or less spent and the club looking pretty unattractive.

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:32 pm

tdk1 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:29 pm
Also AA was recruiting in the summer. Gowling has been trying to overhaul the squad mid season, with the budget more or less spent and the club looking pretty unattractive.
Exactly Tdk1, I’m not saying JG is the man to get us out of this but, AA left us in this mess and many cannot see this at all, JG has been left with an extremely tough job..fact

Quakers2009

Post by Quakers2009 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:32 pm

tdk1 wrote:
i think that's also the point.

We didn't need an overhaul, and we let some good players leave.

These are AAs players that are now 'performing'.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:34 pm

Heaton out wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:26 pm
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Heaton out wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

So AA spent the 160k well in your opinion? And how much has JG blew in comparison..I’ll wait
AA fucked the job over summer. He should never have been allowed to continue after bottling the second half of the season. He couldn’t man manage during a difficult period and lost his motivation. Previously he had recruited well, but his heart wasn’t in it so just meandered through the summer.

JG is dreadful. He has come in full of cliches and downright lies. He has very little public support and isn’t well like. He is footballs David Brent.

Both are to blame. There doesn’t have to be entrenched arguments of which one caused this problem and you don’t have to be for one to be against the other.

AA needed to go. JG is a disaster of an appointment. The right thing to do is to bring in a North east based manager who knows the division below and the local players.

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:37 pm

MB86DFC wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:34 pm
Heaton out wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Heaton out wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

AA fucked the job over summer. He should never have been allowed to continue after bottling the second half of the season. He couldn’t man manage during a difficult period and lost his motivation. Previously he had recruited well, but his heart wasn’t in it so just meandered through the summer.

JG is dreadful. He has come in, full of cliches and downright lies. He is footballs David Brent.

Both are to blame. There doesn’t have to be entrenched arguments of which one caused this problem and you don’t have to be for one to be against the other.

AA needed to go. JG is a disaster of an appointment. The right thing to do is to bring in a North east based manager who knows the division below and the local players.
So then who do we bring in to sort this out mr prophet? The money is gone etc, I believe in our current situation (bigger picture) going down is the only time we will see success, after all how many years did AA have us qualifying for the playoffs??
Last edited by Heaton out on Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quakers2009

Post by Quakers2009 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:38 pm

Heaton out wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:32 pm
tdk1 wrote:
Exactly Tdk1, I’m not saying JG is the man to get us out of this but, AA left us in this mess and many cannot see this at all, JG has been left with an extremely tough job..fact
It was time for AA to leave & some of his signings were poor, but JG has tried to rip up the place.

After nine new signings since September, we are starting only one of them.

Looking at performances over the previous two games, can we honestly say that overhauling throughout October was needed?

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:40 pm

Quakers2009 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:38 pm
Heaton out wrote:
tdk1 wrote:
It was time for AA to leave & some of his signings were poor, but JG has tried to rip up the place.

Looking at performances over the previous two games, can we honestly say that overhauling throughout October was needed?
Yes 100% as the rot started post Xmas last season

Quakers2009

Post by Quakers2009 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:44 pm

Heaton out wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:40 pm
Quakers2009 wrote:
Heaton out wrote:
tdk1 wrote:

You've said 100% to something that has already happened and we are no better off.

We are 2-4-7, and now we are back to playing four of five players that JG tried to get rid of.

i still maintain that a good coach would have stopped the rot and made only two or three additions - nothing inspiring but something like a record of 5-3-5 - like Watson did at Chester.

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:47 pm

Quakers2009 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:44 pm
Heaton out wrote:
Quakers2009 wrote:
Heaton out wrote:
tdk1 wrote:

You've said 100% to something that has already happened and we are no better off.

We are 2-4-7, and now we are back to playing four of five players that JG tried to get rid of.

i still maintain that a good coach would have stopped the rot and made only two or three additions - nothing inspiring but something like a record of 5-3-5 - like Watson did at Chester.
No better off, AA spent 160k I’ll repeat how much has JG spent??
160k should have allowed us to compete well at least, JG has been left with a mess, wake up! The club has been left in a mess that Fergie couldn’t fix let alone JG

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:57 pm

MB86DFC wrote:
Heaton out wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Heaton out wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

JG is dreadful. He has come in full of cliches and downright lies. He has very little public support and isn’t well like. He is footballs David Brent.

Yep, that's nailed on!
Really surprised by the selective memory of some people. TT did a great save just before HT to push it round the post so we went in at 1-0. As someone already said, players at this level will always make 1 mistake a game. Pity that TT's are so apparent.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:59 pm

Can I just point out that two of the managers people have been saying should have come in instead of gowling are in freefall. Blyth look increasingly like the side to catch for us and teams around us under Fenton, and Lakeland barely has Kings Lynn any better off than we are at the moment.

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:00 pm

jjljks wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:57 pm
MB86DFC wrote:
Heaton out wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Heaton out wrote:

Yep, that's nailed on!
Really surprised by the selective memory of some people. TT did a great save just before HT to push it round the post so we went in at 1-0. As someone already said, players at this level will always make 1 mistake a game. Pity that TT's are so apparent.
And his punch was great v Warrington?

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:01 pm

To summarise, I’ll stop replying as the AA fans that are anti JG clearly have an agenda, all I can say is I hope we all pull together for the clubs sake.

Quakers2009

Post by Quakers2009 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:03 pm

Heaton out wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:47 pm
Quakers2009 wrote:
Heaton out wrote:
Quakers2009 wrote:
Heaton out wrote:

160k should have allowed us to compete well at least, JG has been left with a mess, wake up! The club has been left in a mess that Fergie couldn’t fix let alone JG
Do you seriously think that a top-quality coach wouldn't get more out of these players?

You keep asking how much Gowling has spent, as if to imply he hasn't spent much, but if Asante fulfils his contract until the end of the season then I'd hazard a guess and say that you're looking at about £30k there alone, and that's before you look at the wages for Robson, Rowe, Hannah, Burton, Winfield, Ngandu, Lindley, Simms.

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:05 pm

Quakers2009 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:03 pm
Heaton out wrote:
Quakers2009 wrote:
Heaton out wrote:
Quakers2009 wrote:

Do you seriously think that a top-quality coach wouldn't get more out of these players?

You keep asking how much Gowling has spent, as if to imply he hasn't spent much, but if Asante fulfils his contract until the end of the season then I'd hazard a guess and say that you're looking at about £30k there alone, and that's before you look at the wages for Robson, Rowe, Hannah, Burton, Winfield, Ngandu, Lindley, Simms.
Hazard a guess! Haha and no I don’t, does the above equate to 160k????
I think the league doesn’t lie , ppl like you are detrimental to the club, go and play with your mate 97….clown!
Last edited by Heaton out on Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:06 pm

Heaton out wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Heaton out wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

And I'll stick by my opinion that £160k (although a brilliant achievement by us all) doesn't stretch far enough whether that's mid-table budget or not. I'll still say that AA didn't deliberately go out to f**k the club over in his recruitment but it probably became apparent he wasn't anywhere near the market he wanted to be in to overhaul the squad like he wanted (yes it sounds like I'm giving AA some slack but I'm not, I'm looking at the wider financial world we live in).

The biggest mistake was not terminating AA's tenure at the end of last season and giving a new manager the funds and summer to recruit how they wanted. Instead the board have been suckered in twice, AA saying I can still do the job, signing another costly contract and ultimately still being completely lost. They have backed this up appointing JG who has yet to convince most (other than the board) that he can turn this around but his approach in doing so has almost completely ostracised some of the squad he said he could work with, brought in some questionable short-term signings and just swapped a fit and although frustrated Hazel for an unfit Asante (work that one out?). We will never know who exactly could have come in to replace AA nor if we could afford them but JG has got to be one of the most significant management gambles the board has taken and my view at the moment is this could prove the most costly mistake if our main aim was lowered to just staying in the NLN.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:08 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:06 pm
Heaton out wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Heaton out wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

And I'll stick by my opinion that £160k (although a brilliant achievement by us all) doesn't stretch far enough whether that's mid-table budget or not. I'll still say that AA didn't deliberately go out to f**k the club over in his recruitment but it probably became apparent he wasn't anywhere near the market he wanted to be in to overhaul the squad like he wanted (yes it sounds like I'm giving AA some slack but I'm not, I'm looking at the wider financial world we live in).

The biggest mistake was not terminating AA's tenure at the end of last season and giving a new manager the funds and summer to recruit how they wanted. Instead the board have been suckered in twice, AA saying I can still do the job, signing another costly contract and ultimately still being completely lost. They have backed this up appointing JG who has yet to convince most (other than the board) that he can turn this around but his approach in doing so has almost completely ostracised some of the squad he said he could work with, brought in some questionable short-term signings and just swapped a fit and although frustrated Hazel for an unfit Asante (work that one out?). We will never know who exactly could have come in to replace AA nor if we could afford them but JG has got to be one of the most significant management gambles the board has taken and my view at the moment is this could prove the most costly mistake if our main aim was lowered to just staying in the NLN.
I agree but those who think AA was better and right for us are deluded, he tried yes but ultimately left us in a mess ..fact

Quakers2009

Post by Quakers2009 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:12 pm

tdk1 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:59 pm
Can I just point out that two of the managers people have been saying should have come in instead of gowling are in freefall. Blyth look increasingly like the side to catch for us and teams around us under Fenton, and Lakeland barely has Kings Lynn any better off than we are at the moment.
Fenton was never an option for me, but Lakeland was.

And to be fair, they are 4-2-6 under AL after winning one in twelve before his appointment.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:14 pm

Heaton out wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:08 pm
real_darlo_85 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:06 pm
Heaton out wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Heaton out wrote:

I agree but those who think AA was better and right for us are deluded, he tried yes but ultimately left us in a mess ..fact
How do you now understand this basic statement. Just because people don’t want JG doesn’t mean they’re AA fans? You can want rid of JG without thinking AA is the lord and saviour.

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:17 pm

The basic statement requires an answer!!!! Who do we appoint now that makes us better ?? I’ll wait….
Last edited by Heaton out on Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quakers2009

Post by Quakers2009 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:18 pm

Heaton out wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:05 pm
Quakers2009 wrote:
Heaton out wrote:
Quakers2009 wrote:
Heaton out wrote:

I think the league doesn’t lie , ppl like you are detrimental to the club, go and play with your mate 97….clown!
You do realise that the £160,000 raised is spread out over the season and is absorbed through monthly player wages, and that AA had the full-crack at summer recruitment whereas Gowling has been in the post nine weeks?

All this talk of £160k is redundant - Gowling has shed some players that absorbed into our playing budget (Felix, Hazel, Barnes) and has brought in nine new ones - we are currently over-spending and eating into our cash-reserves. Technically, the money raised hasn't even 'been spent'!

And yes, Asante will be on £1k+ per week, unless you think that we've signed a player that was training with full-time Kidderminster only four weeks ago for peanuts?

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:19 pm

Quakers2009 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:18 pm
Heaton out wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:05 pm
Quakers2009 wrote:
Heaton out wrote:
Quakers2009 wrote:

You do realise that the £160,000 raised is spread out over the season and is absorbed through monthly player wages, and that AA had the full-crack at summer recruitment whereas Gowling has been in the post nine weeks?

All this talk of £160k is redundant - Gowling has shed some players that absorbed into our playing budget (Felix, Hazel, Barnes) and has brought in nine new ones - we are currently over-spending and eating into our cash-reserves. Technically, the money raised hasn't even 'been spent'!

And yes, Asante will be on £1k+ per week, unless you think that we've signed a player that was training with full-time Kidderminster only four weeks ago for peanuts?
1k+ per week! You know this for a fact???

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:23 pm

Heaton out wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:17 pm
The basic statement requires an answer!!!! Who do we appoint now that makes us better ?? I’ll wait….
Steve Watson. Solid and steady

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:25 pm

MB86DFC wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:23 pm
Heaton out wrote:
Easy as that then, sack JG and get SW👍🏻

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:27 pm

Heaton out wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:25 pm
MB86DFC wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:23 pm
Heaton out wrote:
Easy as that then, sack JG and get SW👍🏻
We already have a copy of his CV from the last recruitment drive.