Darlington V Rushall

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakers2009
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed May 24, 2023 4:37 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Rushall

Post by Quakers2009 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:22 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:00 pm
Quakers2009 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:18 pm
e4sby wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:59 pm
Fans wanted changes, Josh tried to make changes, some fans kicked off because Josh tried to make changes...
Way too many changes.
Not really.

Only problem is that we're still shite.
Yes, really.

Firstly, it isn't spoken about enough that Gowling came in and tried to implement a formation (which we have barely played, and he barely used at Hereford), tailored his recruitment around this, only to then realise that the players were more suited to a four.

Of course, if you are going to get rid of players, or at least try too (and that includes not only transfer listing them, but actively touting them to other clubs, telling some players not to train, or not speaking with them at all), then you need to ensure the ones you bring are better.

All we have done is go full-circle after thirteen games. After twelve ins & outs, our starting eleven (which played so well against Warrington & Rushall, apparently) is now almost the same as Alun's last game.

And how's this for a stat?

AAs last five league games (3rd, 7th, 9th, 11th, 14th) - W1, D3, L1 - 6 points from 5 - GF 6 & GA 10

JGs last five league games (23rd, 20th, 15th, 12th & 5th) - W1, D2, L2 - 5 points from 5 - GF 5 & GA 14

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 1526
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Rushall

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:05 am

Our starting 11 wasn't good enough to beat either Warrington or Rushall, who are shite, therefore kind of proving the point that more changes were needed.

No column in the table for "played well".

Quakers2009
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed May 24, 2023 4:37 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Rushall

Post by Quakers2009 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:35 am

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:05 am
Our starting 11 wasn't good enough to beat either Warrington or Rushall, who are shite, therefore kind of proving the point that more changes were needed.

No column in the table for "played well".
Can we afford to make any more changes after we've made a pigs-ear of most so far?

What a shame we didn't have creative or natural goal-scorers in the team to score more than one against Warrington & Rushall.

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 1526
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Rushall

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:14 pm

Quakers2009 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:35 am
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:05 am
Our starting 11 wasn't good enough to beat either Warrington or Rushall, who are shite, therefore kind of proving the point that more changes were needed.

No column in the table for "played well".
Can we afford to make any more changes after we've made a pigs-ear of most so far?

What a shame we didn't have creative or natural goal-scorers in the team to score more than one against Warrington & Rushall.
I don't necessarily disagree with you on that, we haven't got enough in either box.

Which is why we are shite.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 6659
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Rushall

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:34 pm

Quakers2009 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:22 pm
And how's this for a stat?

AAs last five league games (3rd, 7th, 9th, 11th, 14th) - W1, D3, L1 - 6 points from 5 - GF 6 & GA 10

JGs last five league games (23rd, 20th, 15th, 12th & 5th) - W1, D2, L2 - 5 points from 5 - GF 5 & GA 14
Stats are funny things though :) If you go to the last 6 games it paints a different picture, because A.A lost his 4 nil - while J.G won his 3/2. So going off your notes and adjusting, I make it -

A.A. last 6 = 6 points GF 6 GA 14
J.G. last 6 = 8 points GF 8 GA 16

On a different not 09, I wonder why you hate J.G so much you have to come on here everyday and criticise him constantly?

This is not having a dig at you or anything underhand, but you seem to just go for him all the time. Perhaps you need to lighten up a little?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Quakers2009
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed May 24, 2023 4:37 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Rushall

Post by Quakers2009 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:14 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:34 pm
Quakers2009 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:22 pm
And how's this for a stat?

AAs last five league games (3rd, 7th, 9th, 11th, 14th) - W1, D3, L1 - 6 points from 5 - GF 6 & GA 10

JGs last five league games (23rd, 20th, 15th, 12th & 5th) - W1, D2, L2 - 5 points from 5 - GF 5 & GA 14
Stats are funny things though :) If you go to the last 6 games it paints a different picture, because A.A lost his 4 nil - while J.G won his 3/2. So going off your notes and adjusting, I make it -

A.A. last 6 = 6 points GF 6 GA 14
J.G. last 6 = 8 points GF 8 GA 16

On a different not 09, I wonder why you hate J.G so much you have to come on here everyday and criticise him constantly?

This is not having a dig at you or anything underhand, but you seem to just go for him all the time. Perhaps you need to lighten up a little?
I don't hate Josh Gowling, and no, I don't need to lighten up.

He speaks well, he's obviously willing to learn and he would probably make a good coach at youth-level.

With that said, I do not rate the majority of his decisions with us. We're seeing regular patterns to his time at Hereford and I'm dumbfounded that the Board of Directors were absorbed that much into interview performance rather than actually checking his win-ratio at NLN level and realising that his FA Cup run was padded with wins against Bromsgrove Sporting & The Three Bridges.

Darlopartisan
Posts: 1708
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Rushall

Post by Darlopartisan » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:59 pm

Maybe the Scarborough lad just released, can’t Remember his name, could tide us over on a rolling contract until Asante is up to speed.

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 2802
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Rushall

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:42 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:Maybe the Scarborough lad just released, can’t Remember his name, could tide us over on a rolling contract until Asante is up to speed.
Michael Coulson.

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk


Darlobill
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:00 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Rushall

Post by Darlobill » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:52 pm

I’m really not bothered who JG picks I just want whoever he picks is up for the fight against relegation. The next few games are crucial loose them then hopefully the DFC board have lined up a replacement as manager.

AndyPark
Posts: 12158
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Rushall

Post by AndyPark » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:31 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:42 pm
Darlopartisan wrote:Maybe the Scarborough lad just released, can’t Remember his name, could tide us over on a rolling contract until Asante is up to speed.
Michael Coulson.

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk
Heading to Farsley from what I've seen on Twitter.

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 7070
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Rushall

Post by loan_star » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:32 pm

Quakers2009 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:14 pm

I don't hate Josh Gowling, and no, I don't need to lighten up.

He speaks well, he's obviously willing to learn and he would probably make a good coach at youth-level.

With that said, I do not rate the majority of his decisions with us. We're seeing regular patterns to his time at Hereford and I'm dumbfounded that the Board of Directors were absorbed that much into interview performance rather than actually checking his win-ratio at NLN level and realising that his FA Cup run was padded with wins against Bromsgrove Sporting & The Three Bridges.
Likewise, it seems we aren't allowed to be critical of what he's doing without "hating" him. If people want hate then see the naturals constant attacks on Armstrong.
Nothing would make me happier than to be proven wrong about Gowling, I'm just not seeing it at the moment.

AndyPark
Posts: 12158
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Rushall

Post by AndyPark » Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:18 am

AndyPark wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:31 am
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:42 pm
Darlopartisan wrote:Maybe the Scarborough lad just released, can’t Remember his name, could tide us over on a rolling contract until Asante is up to speed.
Michael Coulson.

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk
Heading to Farsley from what I've seen on Twitter.
Now confirmed.

Post Reply