Darlington V Rushall

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlopartisan
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlington V Rushall

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:49 pm

I would start with the same 11 as Tuesday night, worked and played very in the first half, I didn’t think anyone had a bad game , just need to somehow get that energy into the second half. Some question the substitution, the thing is at the moment we are so thin on the ground that they could be crucial to how the game pans out.
Anyway I’m a bit more confident after the first half display.

Old Git

Re: Darlington V Rushall

Post by Old Git » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:11 pm

Nagandu will also be available on Saturday, so hopefully we will have at least one more option from the bench.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:12 pm

Previously depleted Rushall have brought in several new signings recently, including some young EFL loanees, who helped improve them enormously in their victory at Boston this week.

Also don't want to scare anyone but...

Last month: Rushall Olympic 5 Chorley 0
This month: Chorley 8 Darlington 0

Gulp!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:46 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Previously depleted Rushall have brought in several new signings recently, including some young EFL loanees, who helped improve them enormously in their victory at Boston this week.

Gulp!
Looking at some video clips, they are far stronger than Warrington so we will do well to create as many chances as Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:17 am

LoidLucan wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:12 pm
Previously depleted Rushall have brought in several new signings recently, including some young EFL loanees, who helped improve them enormously in their victory at Boston this week.

Gulp!
Form guide from Football Web Pages suggests they have got worse since that Chorley game.

21 Rushall Olympic
22 Blyth Spartans
23 Bishop's Stortford
24 Gloucester City

I suspect Boston having a man sent off after 9 minutes was also helpful in them winning on Tuesday mind.

I think young EFL loanees is a gamble - as we have seen!

The reality is quite simple, if we are going to avoid relegation, they are the type of team we need to be winning against.

We should have enough the slight concern is our lack of potential goals. Feel like we always need at least 2 to make up for the cross which we won't deal with.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:32 am

Not having Nelson on Tuesday night really cost us. There were a number of chances throughout the game when all the work was done and all we needed was a finisher. In the second half there was a bizarre moment when there was complete chaos in front of the Tin Shed goal, everyone was all at sea and the ball was pinging around like it was inside a Pinball machine but no one could hook it in.

By the time that new forward came on things had settled down and not much happened.

Seeing as Warrington were so poor, I reckon on Saturday things will return to the norm of a cat and mouse slug fest.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:03 am

LoidLucan wrote:

Gulp!
Where did the young loanees come from and can we get some ?

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:14 am

Maybe if we'd had more available subs that would have given us the energy we needed to hold out. Instead we put on an unfit striker as we were down to the bare bones. Hopefully players coming back in.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:00 am

Old Git wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:03 am
LoidLucan wrote:

Gulp!
Where did the young loanees come from and can we get some ?
They have a guy called Bob Thomas who has scouted for them since the mid 90's. What he does not know about West Midland youth football is not worth knowing.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:41 am

It can't be easy for them having to adequately fund the playing side at the same time as being threatened with an automatic relegation unless they carry out major improvements to their ground over the next four months.

To meet the ground requirements for Step Two, they must build a new 252-seater stand and upgrade their floodlights and install more turnstiles.

And the planning decision is not expected by Walsall Council officers until January 2024. The work must be completed by the end of March 2024 to avoid relegation to the Southern Football League Premier Division Central.

Looks a bit tight and most of their attendances now seem to be only around the 300-400 mark. Altho didn't the authorities give Peterboro Sports more time to get work done?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:57 am

LoidLucan wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:41 am
Altho didn't the authorities give Peterboro Sports more time to get work done?
Only as Peterborough had started the work and showed they had funds to complete it.

Spades in the ground got them some leniency.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:31 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
It can't be easy for them having to adequately fund the playing side at the same time as being threatened with an automatic relegation unless they carry out major improvements to their ground over the next four months.

To meet the ground requirements for Step Two, they must build a new 252-seater stand and upgrade their floodlights and install more turnstiles.

And the planning decision is not expected by Walsall Council officers until January 2024. The work must be completed by the end of March 2024 to avoid relegation to the Southern Football League Premier Division Central.

Looks a bit tight and most of their attendances now seem to be only around the 300-400 mark. Altho didn't the authorities give Peterboro Sports more time to get work done?
I believe Warrington are in a similar situation.

If I recall rightly Peterborough Sports were awaiting confirmation of their NLN status before proceeding with ground improvements, they had the funds in place so they were given a stay of execution by the FA. I believe North Shields were also given a period of grace (possibly due to them being promoted during the pandemic) but unfortunately they fell just short of the required funds and were demoted back to the Northern League at the end of last season.

As much as it opens up the possibility of two reprieves I'd sooner not see us stay up on a technicality.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:45 pm

quaker4life wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:31 pm
LoidLucan wrote:

I believe Warrington are in a similar situation.

As much as it opens up the possibility of two reprieves I'd sooner not see us stay up on a technicality.
Cruel tho it sounds, I'd gleefully take owt that's going from the ground grading police ;)

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:54 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:17 am
LoidLucan wrote:

Gulp!
Form guide from Football Web Pages suggests they have got worse since that Chorley game.

21 Rushall Olympic
22 Blyth Spartans
23 Bishop's Stortford
24 Gloucester City

I suspect Boston having a man sent off after 9 minutes was also helpful in them winning on Tuesday mind.

I think young EFL loanees is a gamble - as we have seen!

The reality is quite simple, if we are going to avoid relegation, they are the type of team we need to be winning against.

We should have enough the slight concern is our lack of potential goals. Feel like we always need at least 2 to make up for the cross which we won't deal with.
Totally agree with this post, these are the types of teams we simply have to be beating at home but, and as lo states, I feel we always will need to score two goals to be safe from that one lapse or bit of bad luck.

For me same starting 11 as Warrington but, I have a feeling Ngandu will start over Moke, if so hopefully more creativity although I'm still not convinced about Ngandou.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:13 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:45 pm
Cruel tho it sounds, I'd gleefully take owt that's going from the ground grading police ;)
Of course it remains a possibility Rushall could finish in the bottom 4 and be relegated regardless, in that situation we'd have to hope we are the highest ranked out of the relegated sides if Warrington fail to make the grade, but to be honest I'd take fifth bottom now!
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:09 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:46 pm
Looking at some video clips, they are far stronger than Warrington
Yet looking at the league table, they aren't :roll:

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:49 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:32 am
Not having Nelson on Tuesday night really cost us. There were a number of chances throughout the game when all the work was done and all we needed was a finisher. In the second half there was a bizarre moment when there was complete chaos in front of the Tin Shed goal, everyone was all at sea and the ball was pinging around like it was inside a Pinball machine but no one could hook it in.

By the time that new forward came on things had settled down and not much happened.

Seeing as Warrington were so poor, I reckon on Saturday things will return to the norm of a cat and mouse slug fest.
I actually think that Salkeld did a much better job as a No 9 on Tuesday night than Nelson or Hazel have done all season. For me, the reason why we created more chances and looked more of an attacking threat was having some up there who can use the ball well and show proper movement across the front line rather than just standing between the posts (our goal is a great example). Of course you want someone who’s the full package in terms of the ugly centre forward play, goals and the rest of it but until Asante is fully up to speed I think we’re better off with Salkeld up there. At least with him you feel he’ll contribute in different ways even if he doesn’t score.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:28 pm

⬆️ See your point. I like Salkeld - he's got potential, I think we'll see him improve.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:55 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:28 pm
⬆️ See your point. I like Salkeld - he's got potential, I think we'll see him improve.
Yes, he has tried a fair few positions but up front in centre seems right for him. Asante or Nelson could forge a decent partnership with him& have put away some of the half chances he created and start the team scoring.

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:59 am

Beyond me why we let Hazel go knowing Asante was miles away and Nelson missing. Basically left us with no recognised available forward in the club for 2 massive games. The guy, like him or not, keeps making ridiculous decisions.

Worst case, at least in this weeks interviews give us some background to help us understand, but nothing, unless I’ve missed it. Surely a simple question along the lines of “ so Josh, you have let Haze go with no ready made replacement, can you give us your rationale on this”? To me, that type of information is really missing from the club, and not helping.

en passant

Post by en passant » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:52 am

Quakerlad wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:59 am
Beyond me why we let Hazel go knowing Asante was miles away and Nelson missing. Basically left us with no recognised available forward in the club for 2 massive games. The guy, like him or not, keeps making ridiculous decisions.

Worst case, at least in this weeks interviews give us some background to help us understand, but nothing, unless I’ve missed it. Surely a simple question along the lines of “ so Josh, you have let Haze go with no ready made replacement, can you give us your rationale on this”? To me, that type of information is really missing from the club, and not helping.
It would be my best guess that the normal rules of purchasing a desired item apply here. You see a good looking item and would love to buy it but you are a bit strapped for cash. So you look around your house and you find something that others might want to help you buy the new item. But the seller of the new item will not let you have it until they can be sure you have the cash. So you have to get an agreement to sell your current item before the deal for the new one can go through. Needless to say the buyer of your your item will not want to part with their cash whilst leaving the item in your possession for a number of weeks because you suddenly had a cash flow crisis that you hadn't forseen. We probably had this whole deal done with agreed timescales before we knew about the Nelson sending off and could not delay the sale of Hazel just because we had this unforseen problem as the money gained through his sale had already been spent on Asante.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:09 am

en passant wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:52 am
Quakerlad wrote:

It would be my best guess that the normal rules of purchasing a desired item apply here. You see a good looking item and would love to buy it but you are a bit strapped for cash. So you look around your house and you find something that others might want to help you buy the new item. But the seller of the new item will not let you have it until they can be sure you have the cash. So you have to get an agreement to sell your current item before the deal for the new one can go through. Needless to say the buyer of your your item will not want to part with their cash whilst leaving the item in your possession for a number of weeks because you suddenly had a cash flow crisis that you hadn't forseen. We probably had this whole deal done with agreed timescales before we knew about the Nelson sending off and could not delay the sale of Hazel just because we had this unforseen problem as the money gained through his sale had already been spent on Asante.
is pretty much what it'll be.

A carefully crafted comms from the club could've been issued.....although fairly obvs what was happening.

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:38 am

en passant wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:52 am
Quakerlad wrote:

Not sure I needed a lesson in retailing thanks, I understand how it works.

My point is that things change all the time, people get injured etc, so surely some good negotiation was in order here to simply delay things.

My other point though, is why on earth do we not get proper questioning. Here we have our leading goal scorer, popular player ( most of his time with us), replacement a long way from fitness etc etc and it simply doesn’t get asked for some background, reasoning, understanding. Surely that’s not an unreasonable question to ask the manager or his assistant. Instead we get a 2 liner thank you Haze statement and a reminder of how good he was at scoring goals. ,!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:49 am

I don’t think this sale was pausable, Boston wanted him, Hazel wanted to go. If Hazel had played on in a half hearted way he wouldn’t have been much good and could have got injured.

This issue is down to Nelson getting banned.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:51 am

I'm not trying to start another debate about communication but I can't see any mention of Jordan Mustoe for ages in match reviews. Has he left? He's not been in the bench even when we're short of players. The best behaviour topic is on the site twice too.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:03 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:51 am
I'm not trying to start another debate about communication but I can't see any mention of Jordan Mustoe for ages in match reviews. Has he left? He's not been in the bench even when we're short of players. The best behaviour topic is on the site twice too.
From what I have hard, he's injured. But that's likely to be a load of shite.

Communication is crap, I agree.

bga

Post by bga » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:04 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:51 am
Well, he's not injured as he's not on the injured list. So must be just totally out of favour. I am pretty sure he was Man of the Match for our first game of the season. He's obviously completely off the radar but still getting paid so why not on the bench the other night?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:29 am

I thought Mustoe was non-contract? Not sure why I had that impression mind.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:33 am

quaker4life wrote:

At least we can call it all square on when we missed out on the play-offs on a similar technicality.
Quakerlad wrote:
Quakerlad wrote:
Not sure I needed a lesson in retailing thanks, I understand how it works.

My point is that things change all the time, people get injured etc, so surely some good negotiation was in order here to simply delay things.
So its not beyond you, then?

Perhaps Boston would've moved onto other options if we'd delayed the Hazel deal, which would've left us stuck with someone we wanted to move on and would've scuppered the Asante deal or left us carrying an extra wage that we can't afford?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:00 pm

My memory from the fans forum last week is that Josh said Mustoe had a rib injury. However, that was at the same meeting at which he said he had never lost a game by more than 2 goals, so whether it is accurate I don’t know.