Michael Bridges

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

wylam_rangers
Team Supported: Darlington

Michael Bridges

Post by wylam_rangers » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:33 pm

Two weeks running he's been on Late Kick-off. Clearly over here waiting for the call from SD :lol:

fat tony

Re: Michael Bridges

Post by fat tony » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:46 pm

It's that time again, happy Bridgesmas everybody! Will this be the year?

knoxy5000

Post by knoxy5000 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:11 pm

I watched the show last night and i was thinking the same thing. Will we ever get him here or not. I'd be happy if he signed for a season in the BSBP

broadsexile

Post by broadsexile » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:15 pm

knoxy5000 wrote:I watched the show last night and i was thinking the same thing. Will we ever get him here or not. I'd be happy if he signed for a season in the BSBP
If the experience of supporting Darlo was to be compared to a film, it would be this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZbtAFq7dP8

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:02 pm

He is signed up with Newcastle Jets until the end of the 2012 season and I reckon that'll take him to retirement.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:10 pm

Quakerz wrote:He is signed up with Newcastle Jets until the end of the 2012 season and I reckon that'll take him to retirement.
Just as Alan White is signed up to Luton until the end of the 2011 season.......etc, etc

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:59 pm

Yes, so?

Alan White has an affinity to Darlo, he was born here, didn't really want to leave here last season, he ONLY has a year left on a deal with Luton who would literally give him away if we decide we want him.

Bridges does not have an affinity with Darlo, has overlooked us on more than one occasion in favour of other clubs, is now having a great time playing in Oz and has just signed a 2 year extension, so he is very much wanted over there.

Why in fook would he pack that life in, to come and play non league here for 500 quid a week?

So, what was your point about Alan White again?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:44 pm

Quakerz wrote:Yes, so?

Alan White has an affinity to Darlo, he was born here, didn't really want to leave here last season, he ONLY has a year left on a deal with Luton who would literally give him away if we decide we want him.

Bridges does not have an affinity with Darlo, has overlooked us on more than one occasion in favour of other clubs, is now having a great time playing in Oz and has just signed a 2 year extension, so he is very much wanted over there.

Why in fook would he pack that life in, to come and play non league here for 500 quid a week?

So, what was your point about Alan White again?
My point is that contracts are meaningless if a player wants to come home and he is not a vital cog in his parent club.

I very much doubt that Bridges is as tied to NJs as you think. Alan White is very much wanted here and the common catalyst is a credible manager who can entice quality players who are up for a challenge. One of the best examples I can give you is Brian Clough bringing Dave Mackay to Derby County.

I expect to see Simon Davey (and Hodgie) bring some real talent to the Arena.

When are you going to have this debate with me in person over a beer and stop hiding behind your new sofa.

Qz you are rapidly losing credibility :wave:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:51 pm

I'm hiding behind my new sofa AND new telly, actually. And all of that is ON the new laminate floor which I laid. I am now a DIY expert as well as a Darlo/football expert.

What does it matter to my "credibility" whether we have this debate here and now or face to face?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:58 pm

I agree that you should both meet over a pint in Aycliffe somewhere.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:01 pm

Bridges said on Clems show the other week that he loves the life out in Australia and is only here to sort out moving over there permenantly with his family.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:05 pm

Quakerz wrote:I'm hiding behind my new sofa AND new telly, actually. And all of that is ON the new laminate floor which I laid. I am now a DIY expert as well as a Darlo/football expert.

What does it matter to my "credibility" whether we have this debate here and now or face to face?
Oh dear, I'm struggling to keep a straight face but dare I say that if we had a beer in the Corner Bar before a game it would save wear and tear on your sofa, your TV would be in green mode and Darlo would benefit from your attendance.

How you are able to pontificate on DFC in absentia really is beyond me. Those of your former comrades find your absence equally baffling - as I say - credibility!!

Come home Qz - you know you want to. :shock:

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:09 pm

loan_star wrote:Bridges said on Clems show the other week that he loves the life out in Australia and is only here to sort out moving over there permenantly with his family.
I'm not suggesting for a minute that Bridges is a real target but we should not be shy.

BTW Bridges collects poisonous spiders and sends them to poolies in unpaid envelopes.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:09 pm

But we are talking about Michael Bridges. Like I said, makes no difference to my credibility as I'm not pontificating on a team I'm not watching am I? No.

I didn't know I had to watch Darlo to compare the known facts of the Alan White and Michael Bridges situation. It's irrelevant.

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:12 pm

What's Paul Connor up to hese days?

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:22 pm

What an inconsideret twat Bridges is, what the hell are these dog walkers going to talk about now, still living in Darlington or living in Australia its a no brainer

Ned_Flanders

Post by Ned_Flanders » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:18 am

Its actually sickening how anyone could mention the old chestnuts AGAIN !!! Some fucker in a minuite will say they have been walking their dog past the stadium etc etc etc ..... boring , boring and boring . Think of some new lines you fucking saddo`s :thumbup: