Live Debate

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DFCAnth
Team Supported: Darlington

Live Debate

Post by DFCAnth » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:34 am

The live debate with the northern echo is on, I just went on their site and saw that it was active; think it started at half 12.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/livedebate/

knoxy5000

Re: Live Debate

Post by knoxy5000 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:41 am

Hmm not as good as what i was hoping it would be :thumbdown:

DFCAnth

Re: Live Debate

Post by DFCAnth » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:48 am

I have had two questions up now:

12:40 [Comment From Anthony Walshaw]
Paul, Darlington have a tough game tonight against Leeds United in the Cup. What do you think their chances are of pulling off a shock win? And what sort of squad to you think Colin Todd will select?

12:41 Paul Fraser: I don't think Colin Todd has too many options. In an ideal world I think he would like to tinker, but how? He has a threadbare squad as it is so I think it will be a pretty strong team.

12:42 [Comment From Darren]
i think quakers will get grilled yet again tonight, which won't be doing our morale any good at all

12:42 Paul Fraser: As for Darlington's chances? It's difficult to say. It would be easy to just predict a Leeds win, but Todd has introduced some good players and with the Sky cameras there he will be looking for a response.

12:44 Paul Fraser:
Going to Aldershot on the opening day was not ideal for Darlington. A new squad, new coaching team and a new tactics. They could have done with starting at home.
Leeds will be difficult but it's the type of game that can work either way. Leeds are a good side and will be hard to beat. They might not be too up for the League Cup this early on, though.

12:44 ANDYR: Leeds will bring a decent contingent of supporters over tonight and should produce a good atmosphere which is a rarity. I'd be surprised if either side play their strongest team but Leeds should have far too much for Quakers.

12:45 [Comment From Charlie Nicholas]
If Leeds turn up at full strength I expect a mauling for Darlo

12:45 [Comment From Anthony Walshaw]
Colin has spoke about bringing in 4-5 youngsters from Boro, Newcastle and Sunderland; have you heard anymore about who they might be? He has already bought in Dowson and Chandler from Sunderland which are good additions.

12:47 ANDYR: He wanted Waghorn from SAFC but he's gone to Leicester. it's a shame for Todd because he's a very decent player but Bruce wants his better youngsters getting experience in the Championship. Reckon Darlo may have to wait until end of August before Boro or Ncl are prepared to let anyone go. Both clubs are going to lose a few first teamers before then.

12:48 [Comment From Darren]
i hope they perform well, but i think its going to take time for the team to gel. We just need to lucky we aren't chester and be thankfull we still have a team this season. If we are living within our means that ill settle for stability. Penny spent a fortune and still never got us out of L2. Its a marathon not a sprint

12:49 Paul Fraser: Spot on Darren. This season is all about trying to make slow progress under a new regime with new ideas. It will take time and Darlington fans will just have to be patient - after all they might not have had a club in the Football League this season.