Scarborough Town

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Scarborough Town

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:27 pm

I was interested to see that Scarborough have been admitted to the Wearside League. They won there first league game of the season at Jarrow Roofing on Saturday 6-1. I really hope they prosper in non-league, as I have a few fond memories of playing them over the years. If only they hadn't been robbed of their league status, by a certain team from Scumbria.

Trike

Re: Scarborough Town

Post by Trike » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:34 pm

Is Scarborough really big enough for 2 clubs?

heres the other http://www.scarboroughathletic.com/

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:37 pm

I wondered which team would take aycliffes place in the wearside league. Still i thought they might have found a league closer to home, some canny distances for them to travel this season.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:23 pm

Scarborough Athletic are the reformed team that tookover from the old Scarborough
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

willphil
Team Supported: Darlington FC, Cas Tigers RLFC

Post by willphil » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:57 am

Been a while since i've been to football at Scarbro, i'll be able to this season with Willington FC !!....Come on you blues !!

Markodarlo

Post by Markodarlo » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:25 am

Willphil, what do you make of the lad that plays left back/wing for Willington, Thompson?, watched him a couple of times last season then noticed he had raised some interest from higher league sides during pre-season?

willphil

Post by willphil » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:46 pm

Markodarlo wrote:Willphil, what do you make of the lad that plays left back/wing for Willington, Thompson?, watched him a couple of times last season then noticed he had raised some interest from higher league sides during pre-season?
Sorry mate, altho i live almost next door to the ground and go to watch them when other interests (DFC, Thunder RLFC & Mowden Park RUFC) allow, I dont really know any of the players, since last mid season when there was a change in the management and a few new players were brought in they have definately improved and would hope they improve on last seasons league position ! lol.....i've seen a cpl pre season games and they seem to have a good nucleus there
Last edited by willphil on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:08 pm

willphil, you're a mowden park supporter are you? Do you get down to many of their games?

willphil

Post by willphil » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:25 pm

BlackandwhiteBOB wrote:willphil, you're a mowden park supporter are you? Do you get down to many of their games?
Don't get to as many i'd like, watching DFC and not living in town now being the main reasons, but i do get to the odd one, my son plays for MP U17's so i do follow them though....if it was my choice then all football would be on Saturday and all Rugby on Sundays !.....due to the relegation the old rivalry with West is on !

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:47 pm

Indeed it is, I've been playing for MP for 18 years now from minis right through until seniors, I think we will have a good chance of going straight back up this season tho, we managed to keep pretty much the same squad as last season and for the last 10 games of the season we actually played some very good rugby, just left it to late to stay up!

willphil

Post by willphil » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:48 pm

Good luck for the season mate, i'm just hoping Thunder can avoid relegation !