DARLAS - The Ted Forster Episode

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 13089
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: DARLAS - The Ted Forster Episode

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:12 am

Just to let everybody know I have sent an invite to Ed inviting him to have a zoom chat, hopefully this will resolve the matter once & for all. Even though our conversation was over 20 years ago, clearly remember what Ted looked like.

Old Git
Posts: 704
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: DARLAS - The Ted Forster Episode

Post by Old Git » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:40 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:08 am
The evidence may be clear to you but maybe you're the dim-witted one twisting things to fit your theory. I'm happy to be proved wrong but It's all conjecture and I don't like bullies. I'll willingly stand in the corner holding a bucket and sponge when you get in the ring with Ed/Ted. Maniacal ego-the irony.
Oh don’t say that Gramps will accuse you of being a violent person for your suggestion. He is very prickly about these things. My guess is that he could be a battered husband living in constant fear of Mrs Gramps 😠

Darlogramps
Posts: 5262
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

DARLAS - The Ted Forster Episode

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:41 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:The evidence may be clear to you but maybe you're the dim-witted one twisting things to fit your theory. I'm happy to be proved wrong but It's all conjecture and I don't like bullies. I'll willingly stand in the corner holding a bucket and sponge when you get in the ring with Ed/Ted. Maniacal ego-the irony.
No twisting, no conjecture.

Everything there is fact which I can back up, but more than happy for you to prove otherwise. Can you refute any of the points raised? Can you explain why both Ted and EDJOHNS are Brexit-voting, Hull KR and Darlington fans with affiliation to Darlo_Pete and knowledge of Solihull Moors?

If not then I’m not sure what your point is.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

bga
Posts: 1570
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: DARLAS - The Ted Forster Episode

Post by bga » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:51 pm

Becoming a bit like an episode of Crimewatch will Pete pick out Ted in the identity parade?

bga
Posts: 1570
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: DARLAS - The Ted Forster Episode

Post by bga » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:53 pm

I am less concerned about whether Ted or Ed will turn up but more concerned about whether some of our players will turn up and perform tonight?

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4619
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: DARLAS - The Ted Forster Episode

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:44 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:12 am
Just to let everybody know I have sent an invite to Ed inviting him to have a zoom chat, hopefully this will resolve the matter once & for all. Even though our conversation was over 20 years ago, clearly remember what Ted looked like.
What did he look like Pete? I'm imagining a kind of northern Micheal Caine type figure, Brogues, black polo neck, raincoat, small cigar, Vauxhall Calibra.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1877
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: DARLAS - The Ted Forster Episode

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:23 pm

Whatever he says you will twist it to fit your argument. He says he didn't vote for brexit, he's a fan of Darlington and Hull KR and knows Pete. He worked in Solihull and knows the area. I'm a fan of Darlington and watch Widnes on occasion. I lived in Nuneaton and know the area and I didn't vote for Brexit. And I've met Pete numerous times. It could all be coincidental and assumption making on your part. On occasion Gramps you make interesting points but the bully/troll in you is evident in this thread. I'm still happy to hold the bucket and sponge.

User avatar
Lawman3
Posts: 1006
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:47 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: DARLAS - The Ted Forster Episode

Post by Lawman3 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:22 pm

Are we revisiting this sorry episode again? Is Ted like the turd that won't flush?
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

Darlogramps
Posts: 5262
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

DARLAS - The Ted Forster Episode

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:22 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Whatever he says you will twist it to fit your argument. He says he didn't vote for brexit, he's a fan of Darlington and Hull KR and knows Pete. He worked in Solihull and knows the area. I'm a fan of Darlington and watch Widnes on occasion. I lived in Nuneaton and know the area and I didn't vote for Brexit. And I've met Pete numerous times. It could all be coincidental and assumption making on your part. On occasion Gramps you make interesting points but the bully/troll in you is evident in this thread. I'm still happy to hold the bucket and sponge.
So you can’t refute it. Excellent, glad to put that one to bed.

If you’re able to demonstrate I’m incorrect, go ahead. But seemingly as you can’t, it leads me to think your victim-playing is nothing more than a petty point-scoring exercise because you dislike me.

Also, he did vote Brexit. He says it in this thread. Try reading things properly. Everything else in your reply is just waffle.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1877
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: DARLAS - The Ted Forster Episode

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:53 pm

The only reason I'm continuing with this is because no, you haven't convinced me at all. I'm not "playing victim" I just think there's a different view than yours. Unfortunately anyone having the temerity to challenge you is subjected to childish, abusive comments such as dunce or dim witted. You don't know Ed Johns and neither do I but you feel it's okay to push people about with your obnoxious behaviour and you can never accept you might be wrong. No I don't like you and based on some of your previous conflicts a number of others like you less than I do.

Darlogramps
Posts: 5262
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: DARLAS - The Ted Forster Episode

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:46 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:The only reason I'm continuing with this is because no, you haven't convinced me at all. I'm not "playing victim" I just think there's a different view than yours. Unfortunately anyone having the temerity to challenge you is subjected to childish, abusive comments such as dunce or dim witted. You don't know Ed Johns and neither do I but you feel it's okay to push people about with your obnoxious behaviour and you can never accept you might be wrong. No I don't like you and based on some of your previous conflicts a number of others like you less than I do.
The reason you’re continuing is because you want to save face. You think continuing an argument by attacking my character allows you to escape with credibility in the eyes of others. At least be honest. It’s to do with ego and points scoring. I could put forward the perfect case with indisputable evidence, and you’d still disagree because you don’t want me to be right.

You can stop with the “you won’t accept you might be wrong” nonsense. The evidence tells me EDJOHNS is Ted. If that changes, I’ll happily change my view. But it won’t because Ed is Ted. I fail to see how anyone examining the points I’ve raised can say otherwise.

But by the same token, you must at the very least engage with the evidence and points I’ve raised. Demanding I accept I might be wrong, while you fail to even accept the points I raise is monstrously hypocritical. Instead you launch ad hominem attacks which shows you to be lazy or intellectually lacking, or both. You haven’t even said why you’re not convinced. I can know Ed is Ted without having met him, because of the points I’ve made.

Oh, and I see absolutely no reason to be bothered about whether people like or dislike me. It’s not relevant to the discussion, and I genuinely don’t care.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1877
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: DARLAS - The Ted Forster Episode

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:34 pm

I'm not interested in saving face merely wishing to put forward an alternative view. You really are never wrong and you're happy to attack people on a regular basis, putting people down, commenting on what you think their mental ability might be and often being downright obnoxious. Point scoring, ego and personal attacks are your forte. You argue on and on ad nauseam in so many threads. Maybe you're Ted and trying to set up a smokescreen.....

Darlogramps
Posts: 5262
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

DARLAS - The Ted Forster Episode

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:05 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:I'm not interested in saving face merely wishing to put forward an alternative view. You really are never wrong and you're happy to attack people on a regular basis, putting people down, commenting on what you think their mental ability might be and often being downright obnoxious. Point scoring, ego and personal attacks are your forte. You argue on and on ad nauseam in so many threads. Maybe you're Ted and trying to set up a smokescreen.....
OK then, so you’re not convinced EDJOHNS is Ted. Well what’s your alternative? How do you explain the similarities I have outlined above (which Vokuhila neatly summarises below as well)?

And don’t hide behind “I don’t know him”. That’s not an answer, it’s just lazy.

To forward an alternative view, you need to explain why you disagree and support your view with some form of evidence.

You’ve failed to do this thus far.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Vokuhila
Posts: 761
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlo

Re: DARLAS - The Ted Forster Episode

Post by Vokuhila » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:29 am

I have no bone left to pick with EDJOHNS, but either he is actually Ted or he's an unbelievably good impersonator of him.

I'm not much of a mathematician these days, but the probability of there being two Darlo/West Ham/Hull KR/Brexit Party-supporting seventy-somethings living in the Hexham area who happen to post the same stuff at pretty much the same time (and not just the Solihull Moors thing) on different platforms has got to be small!

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1877
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: DARLAS - The Ted Forster Episode

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:12 am

Okay, you've convinced me, I can't dispute such a massive body of evidence. I'm too lazy and dim-witted to argue against the balance of probabilities. It was the West Ham supporting that did it-I'd conveniently forgotten that. I really need to make copious notes in future. I'll leave Ted (or Pete) to stand up and reveal exactly who he is. It's been a journey but you've persuaded me and I'm happy to get on with fixing mate's bikes. (I still think white collar boxing was a goer)

Vokuhila
Posts: 761
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlo

Re: DARLAS - The Ted Forster Episode

Post by Vokuhila » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:56 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:12 am
Okay, you've convinced me, I can't dispute such a massive body of evidence. I'm too lazy and dim-witted to argue against the balance of probabilities. It was the West Ham supporting that did it-I'd conveniently forgotten that. I really need to make copious notes in future. I'll leave Ted (or Pete) to stand up and reveal exactly who he is. It's been a journey but you've persuaded me and I'm happy to get on with fixing mate's bikes. (I still think white collar boxing was a goer)
To be honest, I'm still just trying to fill the void/time left by Love Island and a bit of amateur sleuthing seems as good a way as any.

Interestingly, I noticed that spen666 also lived (maybe still lives) in the Hexham area at one point - those two are defo in cahoots, I reckon :think:

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1877
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: DARLAS - The Ted Forster Episode

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:19 am

I know the feeling and I'd rather be snorkelling in the Red Sea but you have to get your fun somewhere. I wish I could use Emojis....

50 years
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: DARLAS - The Ted Forster Episode

Post by 50 years » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:58 am

I was starting to worry I was Ted😁

I have talked to Pete a few times at matches etc
I am a Darlo 500 club season ticket holder
While not Hull KR, I am a Hull fc RL season ticket holder.
I think I voted for Brexit?
I have family who live in Nuneaton, and have been to Solihull's ground to watch Darlo.
I have a couple friends who are West Ham season tickets holders

What settled me on the matter, that it wasn't me, while I have been drinking around Hexham (as well many other towns in the area) with a large group of mates from the Tyneside area, and been to Hexham Races, BUT I have never lived there😅

I am sure Pete will prove one way or the other re Ed. Up to you Pete to clear this debate up.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4619
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: DARLAS - The Ted Forster Episode

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:20 pm

Scott Thornberry is to blame for this. Bumping this thread and reigniting the Ted debate.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1877
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: DARLAS - The Ted Forster Episode

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:43 pm

50 years - don't worry, it happens. I remember many years ago watching Crimewatch and the armed robber in Yorkshire was the spit of me. I lay awake waiting for the bizzies (police) to knock. Apparently it wasn't me after all. Smiling emoji.

50 years
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: DARLAS - The Ted Forster Episode

Post by 50 years » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:21 pm

:D :D

Post Reply