Coops wasting no time!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlospike
Team Supported: Darlington

Coops wasting no time!

Post by Darlospike » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:36 pm

After what can be descibed as a rollercoaster pre season so far (to put it fookin mildly!), its good to see Coops has wasted no time selecting his targets and making official approaches for them.
With this in mind and providing we keep the Welsh tw@ts signings, and a few of those Coops has targeted i dont think we are too far from where we should be at this stage and i am for one starting to look forward to the forth coming season more and more anticipation!
I was also wondering though, all those that stated they wanted to cancel their season tickets a few weeks back, are you still feeling the same or have you chilled a bit? Also anyone know the approx figure of how many we have shifted so far?

Up The Darlo!

divas

Re: Coops wasting no time!

Post by divas » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:59 pm

Cooper seems to have a fair bit of pull with players from this level due to his relatively succesful spells in the non league,brough speaks highly of him and you can bet there are plenty of others that will by into his and our vision.Kidd leaving is now very much looking to be a blessing in disguise.

If cooper can tempt any of the Peterborough lads then I'd be over the moon

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:06 pm

The problem will not be tempting the players (well it might), the biggest problem is Peterborough United and the inflated fees that they think they are entitled to for their cast offs.

They give these players 3 and a half year deals then decide they don't want them after 6 months and end up loaning them out over and over (for fees) unless they get a club daft enough to shell out 150 grand for the likes of Hatch or Howe.

Presently they have TEN players that they want out that are all still in contract! These players include Liam Hatch, Exodus Geohaghon, Rene Howe, Ben Wright, Sergio Torres, and did include Scott Rendell but they sold him the other day to Wycombe.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:47 pm

Quakerz wrote:The problem will not be tempting the players (well it might), the biggest problem is Peterborough United and the inflated fees that they think they are entitled to for their cast offs.

They give these players 3 and a half year deals then decide they don't want them after 6 months and end up loaning them out over and over (for fees) unless they get a club daft enough to shell out 150 grand for the likes of Hatch or Howe.

Presently they have TEN players that they want out that are all still in contract! These players include Liam Hatch, Exodus Geohaghon, Rene Howe, Ben Wright, Sergio Torres, and did include Scott Rendell but they sold him the other day to Wycombe.
I thought Exodus Geohaghon was off to Southend United?
I am also quite sure that someone posted an article, which in relation, said Sergio Torres was off to Crawley Town.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:55 pm

Geohaghon WAS off to Sarfend but the move looks off, and yes Crawley have had a bid accepted for Torres, but at the moment Torres is still one of the ten players on the transfer list.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017