Adrian Forbes ....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Ned_Flanders
Team Supported: Darlington

Adrian Forbes ....

Post by Ned_Flanders » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:11 pm

Id definately training with us with a view to a permanent move .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 816311.stm

I dont rate him , what do you all think ?

Darlo Fonz

Re: Adrian Forbes ....

Post by Darlo Fonz » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:12 pm

Ned_Flanders wrote:Id definately training with us with a view to a permanent move .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 816311.stm

I dont rate him , what do you all think ?
Just read that too. Supposidly tries his best in every single match. Is that what we
need?

I'm not sure, lots of people commenting he's gash, especially on the Grimsby Board.
Darlo Fonz
DARLINGTON FC

ConsettQuaker

Post by ConsettQuaker » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:22 pm

Why do we need another midfielder? Loads in the middle, although a couple of wide players with pace would be good.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:26 pm

Maybe Cooper doesn't like who we have in midfield?

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:31 pm

if hes the calibre of player cooper is looking to bring in then im slightly worried brough is hardly a world beater is he - this is a personal view

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:45 pm

ConsettQuaker wrote:Why do we need another midfielder? Loads in the middle, although a couple of wide players with pace would be good.
Isn't he more of a winger/forward than a midfielder? Probably the sort of player we need actually (if not the quality of player).
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Wijnhard's_Schlong

Post by Wijnhard's_Schlong » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:49 pm

Some geezer on the grimsby site reckons we've signed him.

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum ... 9009/s-30/

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:53 pm

I think so Spyman, plays more on the right of midfield than in the centre I think. I don't no what I'd make of signing him though to be honest. On one hand I think oh no, we can do a lot better, but on the other we know Cooper likes big, strong brutes in the Conference. Only time will tell I guess
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

divas

Post by divas » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:09 pm

after getting rid of lumsdon finally, this would be a mistake imo, he's a right crock.

he's a solidly built winger/forward - ie a forward that doesnt score so gets put on the wing.

apparently he's supposedly got an injury that would mean he would fail a medical - an old leg fracture

10_day_manager

Post by 10_day_manager » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:22 pm

hodgie1 wrote:if hes the calibre of player cooper is looking to bring in then im slightly worried brough is hardly a world beater is he - this is a personal view
I agree with you, brough has played 39 games in last 2 years which doesn't fill me with confidence. Yes I cheated I searched him on soccerbase when it was announced we had signed him.

But with surely a budget that is probably set to keep us viable is not the type player we need. I would rather we signed someone who can play almost full season(slightinjuries and suspensions excluded)

So he either injury prone or his previous managers didn't have that much faith in him.

Like Hodgie1 - this is a personal view.

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:33 pm

if hatch signs then thats more like it

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:39 pm

hodgie1 wrote:if hatch signs then thats more like it
Hodgie1 - I see what you mean about Brough but he is a good utility player, and his best position is apparently centre back (an area which certainly needs bolstering). I believe he will turn out to be an inspired signing, just as long as mrcoops doesn't agree with me.

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:45 pm

39 games in seasons tells a lot - hopefully he'll do ok, i'll see what hes like before i make up my mind

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:31 pm

He's a right winger, and has a good pedigree. He could be a decent backup to our other 2 wingers.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:36 pm

Forbes a few years ago was very handy, not sure about now though. Worth a punt I suppose, as long as his wages aren't taking the piss.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:13 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:He's a right winger, and has a good pedigree. He could be a decent backup to our other 2 wingers.
not if he's not over his injury - at least its a trial so we can put him thru his paces in a few friendlies before commiting

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:53 pm

If he's not good enough for Grimsby, then he shouldn't be good enough for us. We need to sign players that are at least as good as what our rivals are signing. If they want rid, then there must be a reason.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:50 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:If he's not good enough for Grimsby, then he shouldn't be good enough for us. We need to sign players that are at least as good as what our rivals are signing. If they want rid, then there must be a reason.
They don't want to get rid, this is his own decision according to today's local paper down here. Grimsby have given him permission to come up here for 4 days to train with us.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:12 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:If he's not good enough for Grimsby, then he shouldn't be good enough for us. We need to sign players that are at least as good as what our rivals are signing. If they want rid, then there must be a reason.
They don't want to get rid, this is his own decision according to today's local paper down here. Grimsby have given him permission to come up here for 4 days to train with us.
Have you seen him play then Andy? And if so, is he any good?

P.S. You may want to add Liam Hatch to your signature now :D :D :D

codhead84
Team Supported: Grimsby

Post by codhead84 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:17 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Alright guys, Grimsby fan here.
Just to clarify - Forbes was put on the transfer list by our gaffer in May and told he could leave for free if he found a club.

The majority of GTFC fans will be happy to see him leave i think. No malice in it though, as he gives 100% all the time and is known to be a good character in the dressing room and is good with the supporters. He just isn't very good, constantly in an offside position when played in his natural position up front, and doesn't have the legs to play on the wing. Always likely to get booked for dissent too. Would only be a back-up player for you guys if he signs for you i would've thought but good luck to him if he does.

How are you guys feeling about this season then? Happy with summer ins and outs? How do you hope, and realistically think, you'll do this year?

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:32 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:Have you seen him play then Andy? And if so, is he any good?
Yeah I did see him play a few times last season! Yes he makes the effort, but he's too slow and isn't up to it anymore. Would be ideal as a back-up player, but I certainly wouldn't want to see him start as he wouldn't last. Also, he is usually injured.

Grimsby did sing a song about him, part of it was something like "Adrian Forbes, he's got a big knob". In which, Forbes responds by clapping towards the singers.
DarloOnTheUp wrote:P.S. You may want to add Liam Hatch to your signature now :D :D :D
I was just about to do it, but thanks for the reminder :D

divas

Post by divas » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:42 pm

at 31 years old and likely on a good salary he should be a first team regular, it'd be useless him coming as backup

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:33 am

codhead84 wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
Alright guys, Grimsby fan here.
Just to clarify - Forbes was put on the transfer list by our gaffer in May and told he could leave for free if he found a club.

The majority of GTFC fans will be happy to see him leave i think. No malice in it though, as he gives 100% all the time and is known to be a good character in the dressing room and is good with the supporters. He just isn't very good, constantly in an offside position when played in his natural position up front, and doesn't have the legs to play on the wing. Always likely to get booked for dissent too. Would only be a back-up player for you guys if he signs for you i would've thought but good luck to him if he does.

How are you guys feeling about this season then? Happy with summer ins and outs? How do you hope, and realistically think, you'll do this year?
He just sounds like the sort of player we don't need. :thumbdown:

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:02 am

Like Tommy Wright? :o

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:35 am

AndyPark wrote:he's too slow and isn't up to it anymore.
Would be ideal as a back-up player
If he's too slow and isn't up to it anymore then he is nothing like ideal as a back up player. What would be the point?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

jjmick

Post by jjmick » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:36 am

loan_star wrote:
Like Tommy Wright? :o
No Tommy exercised a clause in his contract, Grimsby were happy enough to keep him.
Darlo till I die!!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:22 am

Quakerz wrote:If he's too slow and isn't up to it anymore then he is nothing like ideal as a back up player. What would be the point?
He could make a difference for the last 10/15 minutes if he was a little bit fitter.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:28 am

AndyPark wrote:
Quakerz wrote:If he's too slow and isn't up to it anymore then he is nothing like ideal as a back up player. What would be the point?
He could make a difference for the last 10/15 minutes if he was a little bit fitter.
'kin hell, how unfit is he if he cant last 10/15 mins?!?!?!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:02 pm

AndyPark wrote:
But if he isn't a little bit faster, and at 31 is only going to get a little bit slower, then he won't make a difference at all, will he, so there'd be no point in signing him, would there?

How thick are you? Do you think before you post?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:08 pm

Spyman wrote:How thick are you? Do you think before you post?
I trust Cooper's judgement :thumbup: