Sunderland tickets available on the night

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DL5
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Sunderland tickets available on the night

Post by DL5 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:27 pm

So that means sales are crap then :roll:

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:55 pm

i'd imagine more people will be interested in the newcastle game. despite being relegated, i'd still say they are the bigger draw, and it's on a saturday as well.

doc_64

Post by doc_64 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:19 pm

oh well saves's me some train fair tomorrow, to come thru and get the tickets :)

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:28 pm

Must admit when I purchased my ticket, the top end of block 9 seemed completely deserted. There weren't that many more for the Newcastle match either.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:37 pm

doc_64 wrote:oh well saves's me some train fair tomorrow, to come thru and get the tickets :)
Ringing and reserving is cheaper

doc_64

Post by doc_64 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:48 pm

wont matter now will it, didnt realise should have done last week, was busy decorating the hall and staires

Bovver Boots

Post by Bovver Boots » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:11 pm

Idiotic of the club to make them all ticket in the first place.

Notts_Quaker

Post by Notts_Quaker » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:23 pm

Bovver Boots wrote:Idiotic of the club to make them all ticket in the first place.

Was it not the police who made them all ticket?

Actually probably not as it would still be all ticket!!

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:26 pm

Same applies for the Sunderland fans, they have until noon on thursday to buy them from there ticket office, then they'll be sent to our ticket office for there fans to buy in the night of the game, i still think there will be a very good crowd, you know fine well sunderland will bring 4500+

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:56 pm

It was police advice you moaning gits :lol: Stop giving the club a hard time, get off your arses and get to the game :D
The people who really nark me off are the ones who turn up 5-10 minutes before a match and expect just to walk in, then they complain and whinge about the club. Try going a bit earlier or get your ticket before hand, simples...

Sam
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:34 pm

Sorry quakersam but I still believe that queing twice is nonsense, they should be able to get straight in as others have pointed out.

Personally I thought it was a good idea making it all ticket because of the people you mentioned above, who turn up late and cause conjestion and long ques outside the stadium. If there's any problems this time round I can see the club being forced to make games all ticket if a larger than usual crowd is expected in the future.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:03 am

It happens at other grounds, what's so different about us? Grimsby away we had to get tickets before the game and then queue to get in, probably other away games too. It happens all over, i don't see what the big hoohaa over it is. Typical english :D

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:49 am

As of yesterday we have sold around 1000 tickets for tomorrow with Sunderland selling around twice that.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:52 am

Very poor figures, lets hope lots more get sold in these next 2 days and more turn up on the night

divas

Post by divas » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:56 am

yeah expected a fair few more considering there were 9k + in attendance the season before last.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:11 pm

so the all ticket process thing may not necessarily be an isolated issue for darlo.....but my old man decided to drive to the ground today to pick up the tickets I'd ordered over the phone - mostly because of the issue with the car parking tickets. (I'm lucky my dad lives 'up the road' in Durham)

setting darlo / football aside, in terms of other entertainment industries, surely this kind of double queueing is non existant. Not to mention the not being allowed in the car park without a car parking ticket - and you can't collect that car parking ticket (if you live in leeds like me) until you turn up to the ground on match day.....but then can't park just outside the ground to run in and get that car park ticket.....unelss you park a fair way away from the ground etc etc etc

I tried to explain all this to my SAFC mates who are coming and received plenty of puzzled looks!

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:15 pm

These are all things we can bring up at the Fans Forum, so remember them :)

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:43 pm

quakersam wrote:It happens at other grounds, what's so different about us? Grimsby away we had to get tickets before the game and then queue to get in, probably other away games too. It happens all over, i don't see what the big hoohaa over it is. Typical english :D
Actually quakersam Grimsby kept the ticket office open until around 2pm selling tickets for £16 and then opened cash turnstyles for £18, which I thought was an excellent idea.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

divas

Post by divas » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:11 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:surely this kind of double queueing is non existant.
straight off the top of my head - the cinema, you line up to buy a ticket, then line up again to have it checked/torn and admitted to the screen.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:32 pm

Also in most other entertainment fields people don't expect to turn up five minutes before the start of an event and get in without any delay. If you go to the cinema, the theater or a gig you arrive in good time not a few minutes before.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:13 pm

I really don't get why people whinge about tickets.

I phone up the day before and order the seat I want at a discount price. I turn up on the day and have not had to queue for more than a minute , if at all to get my ticket. After a swift pint and making my way to the turnstile I wait about 1 minute whilst the 5-10 people in front of me go through.

IT'S TOTALLY HASSLE FREE FFS :roll:

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:25 pm

If you're running a business, which relies to a great extent on the number of customers you get through your front door spending their hard-earned dosh, does it not make sense to make that spending experience as easy and pain-free as possible?

The comparisons to other forms of entertainment aren't relevant (and there are many reasons why they aren't a true comparison) - it's what's happening with DFC . . . and if the new owners can make things more streamlined, consistent, easy to manage and, possibly, cheaper to run - then surely all parties should be happy.

If any one of us was starting that stadium from scratch, I guarantee that not one person would put a double queueing system into operation because they thought it would be the best option. If that's the case, why do we hang on to it? I would love to know the reasoning behind it.

If, after the club has done everything possible it can to make the match-day experience as easy as possible, fans still turn up late . . . well, that's their look-out.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:27 pm

yes DL5, but that involves thinking for yourself and a bit of planning, something which is an alien concept to most of our fans, i like you have a similar system, and its dead easy and hassle free.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:34 pm

QuakerPete wrote:If you're running a business, which relies to a great extent on the number of customers you get through your front door spending their hard-earned dosh, does it not make sense to make that spending experience as easy and pain-free as possible?

The comparisons to other forms of entertainment aren't relevant (and there are many reasons why they aren't a true comparison) - it's what's happening with DFC . . . and if the new owners can make things more streamlined, consistent, easy to manage and, possibly, cheaper to run - then surely all parties should be happy.

If any one of us was starting that stadium from scratch, I guarantee that not one person would put a double queueing system into operation because they thought it would be the best option. If that's the case, why do we hang on to it? I would love to know the reasoning behind it.

If, after the club has done everything possible it can to make the match-day experience as easy as possible, fans still turn up late . . . well, that's their look-out.
Re this little lot, i spoke to Christine last week on a similar issue about making entry to the stadium as pain free as possible for the general public.

The end to end process of matchday ticketing is being reviewed, they have a number of initiatives that they are looking at, including a fast lane for tickts, but like everything it takes time, and time is what we havent got a lot of at the moment, this coupled with the lack of staff is making things very busy/hectic for them, so much so they have volunteers helping with season ticket renewals at the moment.

I do expect to see changes in the not too distant future, but i cant see the 2 queue system being removed, the stadium is of championship/premiership status and as such operates just how others at that level do - fans have to buy tickets in advance and then queue at the turnstile, the only difference at those levels is that the majority of fans have never known anything else, and large percentages either already have a season ticket, or buy tickets in advance either over the phone or online.

To avoid the 2 queue system you can either buy a ticket in advance or buy a season ticket, simple.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:14 am

I dont normally bother with Pre Season games anymore but I'll probably have a look up the Arena for this one tonight seeing as how I missed the entire final third of last season due to being away in Canada!