Tonight

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

TinShedDarloFan
Team Supported: Darlington

Tonight

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:20 pm

Gutted about the result but there are a few positives from tonights game, the defence being the biggest, other than the free kick int he first half where they fell asleep leaving Knight with a one on one situation where he did brilliant, the defence looked very solid against a side who look like they'll socreafew in this legue this year, midfield wasnt to bad, they're helping out well in defence but going forward were not creating anything and whilst the defence is doing really well as soon as we concede were buggered

Makka Pakka

Re: Tonight

Post by Makka Pakka » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:25 pm

We did ride our luck a bit in the first half and they did hit the bar in the second. I did think Knight had a good game, no clangers to speak of, and Baines did very well. (Yes he did shin a clearance but he got his head to a lot of crosses)
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:31 pm

I was impressed with Baines, i didnt have a clue what to expect from him but at right back he did really well.

As for Knight got to agree he had a good game, brilliant save from the free kick we fell a sleep on, was also very alert with a shot in the 1st where he tipped it over, also did well with a diving save in the 2nd half he tipped wide, still it didnt stop people around me moaning on about him

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:43 pm

TinShedDarloFan wrote:I was impressed with Baines, i didnt have a clue what to expect from him but at right back he did really well.

As for Knight got to agree he had a good game, brilliant save from the free kick we fell a sleep on, was also very alert with a shot in the 1st where he tipped it over, also did well with a diving save in the 2nd half he tipped wide, still it didnt stop people around me moaning on about him

Were they moaning about him not giving them anything to moan about? I think he had a good game tonight. Still a couple of worrying moments where he came legging it out of his goal but we got away with them.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:47 pm

Tonight, the first half was more of the same from saturday- launching balls and not creating anything. second half was an improvement - we played a bit of football, got Porritt and G Smith involved in the play, and looked more likely to score as a result of it. The defence looked solid. If we can carry on playing like we did in the 2nd half, then I feel we can get something on Saturday. We need to stop aiming balls at Thorpe from the centre backs, and get a few crosses in.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:48 pm

First half I thought they did better than us. They had a couple of really good chances near the end of the half when we needed a deflection to save our backsides.

The second half was way better though. We upped the tempo, got in their faces more and made them play it quicker. We had a few decent openings but not quite the quality in the final third. It really was up for grabs about 20 minutes from the end.

In the final ten though they got on top again. A bit annoyed because I thought the second half performance was worth a point. But over the ninety minutes Crewe had the chances I guess. Far more positive than Saturday's effort though.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:51 pm

Fully agree - 2nd half we nearly matched a very good Crewe side. They should get promoted this season. Zola, Donaldson AND Elding....they should score loads with that attack in this division.

micra3

Post by micra3 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:05 pm

Absolutley gutted when they scored and was angry :thumbdown:
But now ive had more time to think about it there was a lot of positives; :thumbup:

We have a good defence that will not conseed many goals
A midfield that can only get better with games
Thorpe is a lot better than i thought he would be but where will the goals come from?

Anyone can slag the team off but now is not the time :thumbup:
Keep the faith
M I C R A 3

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:07 pm

Am well gutted about the result myself, but saw a lot of positives and will hope to get those across in the report I'm going to write later on.

Simple fact is we held a team that have just come down AND that dicked on Grimsby at the weekend for 87 minutes, and had our own chances. The performances are getting better and the results will naturally follow at some point.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:13 pm

Very very gutting. But I'm still not going to panic about this season. As long as the players keep their belief then things are going to pick up.

Keep the faith.

Darlo Cockney

Post by Darlo Cockney » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:32 pm

Best performance this year and very unlucky to lose.

Chandler deserved his Man of the Match, but there were also lots of positives.

Don't anyone dare to knock the performance tonight - Lots more commitment shown - If we had just had that little bit of luck. !!!

DC
Started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:43 pm

We've now only conceded 3 in our last 3 games. Granted, we've scored 0, but we seem solid at the back even without great full-backs, and Foster not yet fully fit.

We just need something to click going forward. It's got to happen soon.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC