So, has Knight actually signed then?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

So, has Knight actually signed then?

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:43 pm

Because I can't see anything announcing this anywhere - not on the official site nor on the BBC (bless 'em), only the one on the Echo website on Tuesday saying that he would be signing a contract later that day.

Should we all be practising our cartwheels again?

Ever seen the Darlington cartwheel dunk?
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: So, has Knight actually signed then?

Post by Quakerz » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:57 pm

Well seeing as though Leon Knight has personally signed his contract and said so, and that his agent has said so, then he has signed.

Slack reporting by the club though, this is 2 days old news now.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:57 pm

Considering Leon actually posted a pic of him sat in the lobby at the club I'm pretty amazed they haven't been quicker off the mark.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:03 pm

Judging by everything on twitter from Leon he's a Darlo player who is aiming for double figures this season

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:11 pm

Just watched the first part of the Raj Singh interview on Quakers Player, and Raj himself said "and we signed Leon Knight a couple of days ago, as everybody knows". No Raj, we don't know, because you haven't announced it until now!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:23 pm

They've probably not bothered announcing it because it's been the worst kept secret in lower league football this week.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:25 pm

I found it particularly strange that they've announced Pallister signing almost straight away, but Knight STILL hasn't been mentioned. Bizarre.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:26 pm

Also, why does our squad list contain every fucker from last season as well as this season? Who the hell is running it?

divas

Post by divas » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:30 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:Also, why does our squad list contain every fucker from last season as well as this season? Who the hell is running it?
From Kev Luff's time running the OS, i believe PTV (FL Interactive) actually do the admin of the squad lists - the person running the OS (Martin Walker now i believe) has to inform them of the changes and wait for them to be done. God knows why they have it set up this way, surely its just a pain for both parties. The sooner the PTV deal is finished the better, i'm sure the club could make a lot more money running it independently as they are responsible for content anyway, basically all PTV are doing is providing a template/platform and taking a handsome cut of the quakers player subs.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:36 pm

Ours seems to be the only one out of date though. I've checked other PTV official sites from other clubs and their squad list is bang up to date. Why?

divas

Post by divas » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:38 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:Ours seems to be the only one out of date though. I've checked other PTV official sites from other clubs and their squad list is bang up to date. Why?
martinwalker50@hotmail.com

DL5

Post by DL5 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:11 pm

What a balls up, how hard can it be to let us know officially? :thumbdown:

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:31 pm

DL5 wrote:What a balls up, how hard can it be to let us know officially? :thumbdown:

The Club has to get clearance from the SFA through the agent - that's why there has been only limited public news. Get off your high horse until you know the facts.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:32 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:
DL5 wrote:What a balls up, how hard can it be to let us know officially? :thumbdown:

The Club has to get clearance from the SFA through the agent - that's why there has been only limited public news. Get off your high horse until you know the facts.
Which, according to his agent on Twitter, they now have.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

DL5

Post by DL5 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:47 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:
So Raj mustn't have had the facts when he stated we had signed him when interviewed then ?

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:53 pm

DL5 wrote:
wylam_rangers wrote:
So Raj mustn't have had the facts when he stated we had signed him when interviewed then ?
Nothing to stop him signing - it's the clearance to play that is needed. Raj was perfectly correct.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:03 pm

So as I was saying why hasn't his signing been officially unveilled?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:10 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:

Agreed, for once.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

DL5

Post by DL5 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:19 pm

Spyman wrote:
wylam_rangers wrote:

Agreed, for once.
s
so Raj can say he's signed but the club don't officially say so and I'm on my high horse asking why? ??

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:22 pm

DL5 wrote:
s
so Raj can say he's signed but the club don't officially say so and I'm on my high horse asking why? ??
You are acting like it is a massive failure by the club. It isn't.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

DL5

Post by DL5 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:27 pm

Spyman wrote:
DL5 wrote:
s
You are acting like it is a massive failure by the club. It isn't.
No I'm just finding it strange that it hasn't been on the site yet given Raj's comments, surely that's a reasonable point.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:31 pm

DL5 wrote:so Raj can say he's signed but the club don't officially say so and I'm on my high horse asking why? ??
I would assume the club is waiting for the clearance before they put out the official news. According to his agent on Twitter they got that today, so now he can actually play for us it'll probably be announced tomorrow.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:38 pm

mikkyx wrote:
DL5 wrote:so Raj can say he's signed but the club don't officially say so and I'm on my high horse asking why? ??
I would assume the club is waiting for the clearance before they put out the official news. According to his agent on Twitter they got that today, so now he can actually play for us it'll probably be announced tomorrow.
Ok, all I'm saying is the chairman's comments should be the official comments, If it all fell through he'd end up with egg on his face

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:48 pm

DL5 wrote:
mikkyx wrote:
Ok, all I'm saying is the chairman's comments should be the official comments, If it all fell through he'd end up with egg on his face
Hardly a 'balls up' by the club though.

DC

shawry

Post by shawry » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:49 pm

Would it be too difficult to issue a statement saying subject to Scottish FA clearance?

Normally it wouldnt be too much of a problem, but I guess with Leon & his agent being pretty active here and on twitter it would make sense to put something on the web site.

theseagulls68
Team Supported: Brighton

Post by theseagulls68 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:54 am

It's sorted if you follow me on twitter I put updates yesterday
Scottich FA had not got paper work.
And the rules say club can't call only agent
Or player.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:04 am

So can we look forward to him tearing Luton's defence a new one on Tuesday?
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

theseagulls68
Team Supported: Brighton

Post by theseagulls68 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:36 am

Mr_Tibbs wrote:So can we look forward to him tearing Luton's defence a new one on Tuesday?

bloody hope so think he will score tomoz as well.

and i want 3 against EASTBOURNE next time Darlo play them as i have my reasons and want the match ball.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:26 pm

Agent on Twitter now says he's dealing with "major problems" relating to LK, but doesn't say what..... What say you on here, seagulls?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:46 pm

Here we go.