Site Stats

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

mikkyx
Site Admin

Ask me questions about our traffic

Post by mikkyx » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:30 pm

I'm bored. So I'll do a little Q&A on our analytics data for a little while if anyone wants to know anything. Ask away. If I can find an answer in Google Analytics I'll come back to you.

I'll start you off with something I discovered today which intrigued me: 8.8% of Uncovered's traffic comes via mobile devices - iPhone leads, followed by Android and iPod, and around 200 visits in the last month from iPad. Who's got one of those, I wonder?
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Ask me questions about our traffic

Post by Spyman » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:49 pm

mikkyx wrote:I'm bored. So I'll do a little Q&A on our analytics data for a little while if anyone wants to know anything. Ask away. If I can find an answer in Google Analytics I'll come back to you.

I'll start you off with something I discovered today which intrigued me: 8.8% of Uncovered's traffic comes via mobile devices - iPhone leads, followed by Android and iPod, and around 200 visits in the last month from iPad. Who's got one of those, I wonder?
Who posted the most times in the month of August, and who were the first and last posters of the month.

Also, which non-Darlo supporter posted the most times?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

shawry

Post by shawry » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:51 pm

Spyman wrote:
mikkyx wrote:I'm bored. So I'll do a little Q&A on our analytics data for a little while if anyone wants to know anything. Ask away. If I can find an answer in Google Analytics I'll come back to you.

Who posted the most times in the month of August, and who were the first and last posters of the month.

LOL, thankyou for making me cough my drink up ;)

Whats the point of an ipad btw? it just seems a pretty stupid thing to me

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:53 pm

Go on then. I quite like this type of stuff...

- Any people in odd locations logging on recently?
- How many uniques a month do we get?
- If you can use analytics for this... What % of people logging on are actually in Darlington against the total of those logging on from the entire surrounding area? Say if you included all of County Durham and North Yorkshire? I'd be really interested to see the breakdown of how many of our fans are actually in Darlo itself.

A kick in the Jacobs
Team Supported: Narwich

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:54 pm

shawry_99 wrote:
It's certainly pretty.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:55 pm

Oh God, "The Roll Of Devices Used To Log On"

This will only encourage Darlo Pete. Thanks mikkyx.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

shawry

Post by shawry » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:56 pm

A kick in the Jacobs wrote:
shawry_99 wrote:
It's certainly pretty.

LOL, yes, I guess it is, I just dont see quite what market its actually trying to get into.

A kick in the Jacobs
Team Supported: Narwich

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:57 pm

shawry_99 wrote:
shawry_99 wrote:
It's certainly pretty.

LOL, yes, I guess it is, I just dont see quite what market its actually trying to get into.
F1 presenters and rich folk.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:26 pm

Spyman wrote:

Google Analytics cannot answer your questions.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:39 pm

fat tony wrote:- Any people in odd locations logging on recently?
Depends what you mean by odd, really :) We've had hits from 76 different countries in the past 30 days - around 93.5% of those were from the UK. Unknown locations, the US, Germany and Spain round out the top 5. We also have visitors from Vietnam (2), Kazakhstan (2), Moldova (1) and Namibia (1) among the countries at the bottom.
fat tony wrote:- How many uniques a month do we get?
72,991 visits from 14,733 unique visitors over the last 30 days. Almost double what we were getting for the same period LAST year.
fat tony wrote:- If you can use analytics for this... What % of people logging on are actually in Darlington against the total of those logging on from the entire surrounding area? Say if you included all of County Durham and North Yorkshire? I'd be really interested to see the breakdown of how many of our fans are actually in Darlo itself
Drill down the UK traffic (534 locations) and you find that London is actually the city that appears to bring in the most visitors overall - 20.67% just ahead of Darlo with 18.42%. You have to consider of course the accuracy of an IP to country database but then again this IS Google, so it's probably pretty good.

Top ten is as follows: London, Darlo, Gateshead, Stockton, Manchester, N. Aycliffe, York, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Edinburgh.

Hartlepool comes in 20th in the list with 389 visits over the last 30 days. Only 5 visits from Hereford, who are 323rd.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:40 pm

shawry_99 wrote:
shawry_99 wrote:
It's certainly pretty.

The market for people who want totally awesome gadgets.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:42 pm

mikkyx wrote:
fat tony wrote:- Any people in odd locations logging on recently?
Depends what you mean by odd, really :) We've had hits from 76 different countries in the past 30 days - around 93.5% of those were from the UK. Unknown locations, the US, Germany and Spain round out the top 5. We also have visitors from Vietnam (2), Kazakhstan (2), Moldova (1) and Namibia (1) among the countries at the bottom.
fat tony wrote:- How many uniques a month do we get?
72,991 visits from 14,733 unique visitors over the last 30 days. Almost double what we were getting for the same period LAST year.
fat tony wrote:- If you can use analytics for this... What % of people logging on are actually in Darlington against the total of those logging on from the entire surrounding area? Say if you included all of County Durham and North Yorkshire? I'd be really interested to see the breakdown of how many of our fans are actually in Darlo itself
Drill down the UK traffic (534 locations) and you find that London is actually the city that appears to bring in the most visitors overall - 20.67% just ahead of Darlo with 18.42%. You have to consider of course the accuracy of an IP to country database but then again this IS Google, so it's probably pretty good.

Top ten is as follows: London, Darlo, Gateshead, Stockton, Manchester, N. Aycliffe, York, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Edinburgh.

Hartlepool comes in 20th in the list with 389 visits over the last 30 days. Only 5 visits from Hereford, who are 323rd.
So 14,000 different people (or different computers) visit this site every month? How come only 1/10 of those go to our home games?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:52 pm

Spyman wrote:So 14,000 different people (or different computers) visit this site every month? How come only 1/10 of those go to our home games?
You don't have to walk to the messageboard
It doesn't cost £18 to join (would be an interesting way to pay the hosting bill, though.....)
There's an atmosphere here (of hostility and conflict, mostly)
You don't get quality threads like this in the Corner Bar
.....and many more!

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:04 am

mrcoops1984 wrote:
mikkyx wrote:
Spyman wrote:So 14,000 different people (or different computers) visit this site every month? How come only 1/10 of those go to our home games?
It doesn't cost £18 to join (would be an interesting way to pay the hosting bill, though.....)
.....and many more!
If Uncovered has this amount of people visiting the site each month, can you not sell advertising space etc?
Oft considered and the new design does have holes in it to allow for advertising to be sold if we choose to do so.

*watches hit count drop over the next 30 days*

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:13 am

Pfffft! I've just been into the search terms report (shows you what people were looking for on search engines in order to find Uncovered). 250 referrals from searches for "kelly brooke playboy" (that extra e is important)

We're 2nd according to my results:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=kelly+ ... =firefox-a

Other highlights:
68th (31 referrals): trifon ivanov
69th (30): *a potential libellous search about a returning striker with a bad habit at a scottish club* :shock:
93rd (17): "quote at sun records in memphis there's a picture of elvis presley, johnny cash, jerry lee lewis, and carl perkins all together in the same room. to put that in a religious context that's like jesus, moses, buddha, and carl perkins all together in the same room" - someone's sig on here, I think?
112th (11): a la la la long long a offiong :lol:
192nd (3): tranny on come dine with me :shock:
1,022nd (1): you can stick your yorkshire puddings up your arse :lol: :?

Unstuck

Post by Unstuck » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:37 am

How many visitors from Australia?

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:41 am

Unstuck wrote:How many visitors from Australia?
238, accounting for 0.33% of the site's traffic. 7th on the list just behind France. :)

littlecar

Post by littlecar » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:58 am

Interesting thread. I'm surprised to see that the site gets more views from London than it does from Darlington.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:56 am

littlecar wrote:Interesting thread. I'm surprised to see that the site gets more views from London than it does from Darlington.
It may just be that a few ISPs don't route their traffic through local points of presence (like, for example, Virgin Media does) so these all get picked up as London. Depends how good Google's IP tracking is.

Darlo_Fanatic

Post by Darlo_Fanatic » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:17 am

mikkyx wrote:Pfffft! I've just been into the search terms report (shows you what people were looking for on search engines in order to find Uncovered). 250 referrals from searches for "kelly brooke playboy" (that extra e is important)

We're 2nd according to my results:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=kelly+ ... =firefox-a

Other highlights:
68th (31 referrals): trifon ivanov
69th (30): *a potential libellous search about a returning striker with a bad habit at a scottish club* :shock:
93rd (17): "quote at sun records in memphis there's a picture of elvis presley, johnny cash, jerry lee lewis, and carl perkins all together in the same room. to put that in a religious context that's like jesus, moses, buddha, and carl perkins all together in the same room" - someone's sig on here, I think?
112th (11): a la la la long long a offiong :lol:
192nd (3): tranny on come dine with me :shock:
1,022nd (1): you can stick your yorkshire puddings up your arse :lol: :?

So my inability to spell "Kelly Brook" has resulted in more traffic to the website. :lol: :D
DARLO FANATIC

Supporting DARLO might be a heartache but it's a heartache I chose to have.

jazzydfc

Post by jazzydfc » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:21 am

I may account for some of the visits from Germany, the server we go through is there

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:32 am

A few of the stranger places in Britain may be me. The Virgin Media dongle we use seems to think we're wherever it gets it's signal from, places like Sutton Ashfield, Shoreham and Hull to name three. At the moment it thinks I'm somewhere in Manchester I believe :roll:

How is the traffic from Scotland by the way?
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:50 pm

Whats the tallest skyscraper in london? :wave:

uncovered
Site Admin

Site Stats

Post by uncovered » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:15 pm

MikkyX gives us a few stats with regard to tarffic which comes Uncovereds way

http://www.darlofc.co.uk/news.php?NewsID=360

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:27 pm

Darlo_H wrote:How is the traffic from Scotland by the way?
I only get traffic from the UK as a whole so can't give a figure just for Scotland. What I can say is Edinburgh sits 10th in the UK traffic by city, Glasgow is 16th, and there are some other Scottish towns / cities in the list: Hamilton, West Lothian, Roslin, Dundee and Aberdeen.

Hilly

Re: Site Stats

Post by Hilly » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:30 pm

Where does Bishop Auckland sit within that list out of curiosity?

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:41 pm

mikkyx wrote:
It's all about the North West Quakers :thumbup:

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:47 pm

Hilly wrote:Where does Bishop Auckland sit within that list out of curiosity?
25th, 275 visits.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:49 pm

mikkyx wrote:
.....and many more!
Regardless, I am simply surprised that there is close to 14,000 people who are genuinely interested enough in our football club to visit this board every month.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:45 pm

No doubt a lot of the visits from London are from Coddy & Spyman reading the MB, when they should be working. :D