LEE THORPE

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

dfc-hardy
Team Supported: Darlington

LEE THORPE

Post by dfc-hardy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:32 pm

i cant belive todd he brought in a waste of space in lee thorpe he might be good in the air but i think thats all hes really good at. Todd needs to bring someone who can score goals because what ive seen of thorpe so far this season hes been s***. we wont get any were if weve got no one with goals in them :?

Darlo Cockney

Re: LEE THORPE

Post by Darlo Cockney » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:37 pm

Thrpe has led the line well, winning the ball and laying it off. It's nothis fault that others have failed to convert chances he has created.

DC
Started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left.

Darlo_Chris

Post by Darlo_Chris » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:51 pm

dfc-hardy wrote:i cant belive todd he brought in a waste of space in lee thorpe he might be good in the air but i think thats all hes really good at. Todd needs to bring someone who can score goals because what ive seen of thorpe so far this season hes been s***. we wont get any were if weve got no one with goals in them :?
He is not s*** and he is not a waste of space either. He is a target man who's job is to win headers in the air and to bring other players around him into play. Yes we do probably need another striker but who are we going to get to score goals and command a cheap wage? Our budget is very tight and a very large proportion of it has probably been used up already. We have players in the team who can chip in with goals to like Foster, Miller, Gall, Windass, Dowson etc.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:52 pm

The more I read this board, the more I think alot of posters on here have no idea about the game they watch. Whos view do I trust more, that of dfc-hardy (or quite a few other people on here) or that of one of someone whos been employed in football for over 40 years? If hes not doing the business then Todd will sort it out, not when some people on here think hes crap.

Darlo_Chris

Post by Darlo_Chris » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:54 pm

loan_star wrote:The more I read this board, the more I think alot of posters on here have no idea about the game they watch. Whos view do I trust more, that of dfc-hardy (or quite a few other people on here) or that of one of someone whos been employed in football for over 40 years? If hes not doing the business then Todd will sort it out, not when some people on here think hes crap.
Couldn't agree more

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:47 pm

Thorpe would go very close to winning our best player of the season (if a poll was held now).

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:19 pm

Thorpe will be fine when we start getting the ball into wide positions better. We haven't really seen him facing the goal too much up until now, and when he did, particularly on Tuesday, he looked way more dangerous. It's up to the midfielders to work the ball wide better, although the one thing Thorpe needs to do better is to play his part in collecting in the opposition half, playing it to a midfielder in space and moving into the area to get on the end of the resulting cross. When the lads get some more understanding of one another we'll have a much better measure of how much of an asset Thorpe is. It's not fair to instantly slag him off just now, before we've seen the team working properly as a unit.

Windass40

Post by Windass40 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:27 pm

Its early to get on his back give him a chance he is a good player.
Colin Todd Is The Right Man For The Job Get Behide Him And Stop Slagging Him Off Cheers.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:14 pm

dfc-hardy wrote:i cant belive todd he brought in a waste of space in lee thorpe he might be good in the air but i think thats all hes really good at. Todd needs to bring someone who can score goals because what ive seen of thorpe so far this season hes been s***. we wont get any were if weve got no one with goals in them :?
This isn't the era of the Darlo galacticos now Hardy. You've got to expect sub standard hard working ugly bastards for 3 and sixpence a week. Hardy, what does Laurel think? has Todd got us into another fine mess? :lol:

dfc-gilesy

Post by dfc-gilesy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:43 pm

i agree with u hardy! thrope is useless!! he is a waste of striker hes lazy every pass he does is a waste n hes never there for whn sum passes 2 him!! we need a striker who cna score goals!! dowson isnt doign a bad job up front but he needs a gd partner along side him!! get main startin !

Darlo_Chris

Post by Darlo_Chris » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:54 pm

dfc-gilesy wrote:i agree with u hardy! thrope is useless!! he is a waste of striker hes lazy every pass he does is a waste n hes never there for whn sum passes 2 him!! we need a striker who cna score goals!! dowson isnt doign a bad job up front but he needs a gd partner along side him!! get main startin !
Shut up!!! Have you not read the majority of peoples posts on this thread? Like i said before Thorpe does his job of being a target man. Also who are we going to sign to score goals? We are on a very limited budget and have probably reached that level now. Give the lads a chance man... it is early days. I bet you are not slagging the guy off when he scores the winner. Main is not good enough to start in my eyes.

screaminscull

Post by screaminscull » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:16 pm

dfc-gilesy wrote:i agree with u hardy! thrope is useless!! he is a waste of striker hes lazy every pass he does is a waste n hes never there for whn sum passes 2 him!! we need a striker who cna score goals!! dowson isnt doign a bad job up front but he needs a gd partner along side him!! get main startin !
Can you please try to write in the queens english instead of all that drivel ! by the way you talk nonesence!

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:49 am

screaminscull wrote:
Can you please try to write in the queens english instead of all that drivel ! by the way you talk nonesence!

Queen's English + nonsense.

Glasshouses and stones. :lol:
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:50 am

I think that Thorpe is a very good player for us. He will get goals this season and is certainly a hanfful for opposition defences. Give him a chance, after all we're only 3 league games into the season!
COME ON DARLO!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:54 am

Thorpe is s*** and does fuck all useful.

He slows the team down and with his back always to goal the ball is played to him and he either heads it on to the keeper or plays it back. We have no attacking threat whatsoever. I can certainly see that Thorpe is a big part of the cause of us having no pace, invention or threat up front.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:57 am

Darlo Cockney wrote:Thrpe has led the line well, winning the ball and laying it off. It's nothis fault that others have failed to convert chances he has created.

DC
IRONY ALERT!

Oh the fucking irony. Thorpe is A TENTH of the player that Conlon was - minus the goals, and you hated baldie.

Peter, NEVER talk about football again, you shouldn't be allowed.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017