Hatch off...

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Hatch off...

Post by Spyman » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:28 pm

Looks like a terrible decision at the moment. We're not holding on to it in their half since he went off. Very shakey ever since.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

beatroute66

Re: Hatch off...

Post by beatroute66 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:30 pm

I'll say. Seems to be the view spread across a number of threads just now!

sue_donym

Post by sue_donym » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:35 pm

Can only think he was knackered after Saturday, understandable given the number of yards he puts in

saint crow
Team Supported: Darlington & Southampton

Post by saint crow » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Hatch didn't have a good game tonight, and i'm sure that is why he was dragged.
Didn't hear one complaint or moan from our crowd at the decision, so it seems we were pretty much in agreement.
We couldn't all be cowboys......some of us are clowns!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:32 pm

The HITMAN is a key player whether playing well or badly - and we are lost up top without him. I think this was plainly obvious after he was subbed.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

saint crow
Team Supported: Darlington & Southampton

Post by saint crow » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:37 pm

Quakerz wrote:The HITMAN is a key player whether playing well or badly - and we are lost up top without him. I think this was plainly obvious after he was subbed.
For all i said that i didn't disagree with him being subbed at the time i must admit you are correct when you say we are lost without him. Did we even create a chance after he went off? Senior played what would've been a lovely 1-2 on the edge of their box only for Smith to hit the pass through to the keeper - I'm pretty sure Hatch would've put it on a plate for him.
We couldn't all be cowboys......some of us are clowns!

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:37 pm

I thought we held the ball up a hell of a lot better when Michael Smith came on. Before it just wasn't sticking up top which allowed York to just come straight back at us. When Smith came on the ball started to stick as he held it up well and managed to bring others into play
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:39 pm

:eh:

Which is why York had all of the play after The HITMAN went off? Because Smith was holding it up so well that it kept going straight back to them?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:45 pm

Hatch wasn't himself tonight, wasn't really in the game. I just thought when Smith came on we managed to keep the ball in the final third a bit better. We need to start creating more chances though and our final ball is sometimes lacking.
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:01 am

quakersam wrote:Hatch wasn't himself tonight, wasn't really in the game. I just thought when Smith came on we managed to keep the ball in the final third a bit better. We need to start creating more chances though and our final ball is sometimes lacking.
All we hear about young Smith is how he holds the ball up well and brings others into play, but how many attempts on goal does he have, that is what is so sadly lacking at present, our strikers are not good enough at the moment.I agree totally with Quakerz, would never have taken Hatchy off and replaced him with M Smith.Kevin Smith mentioned last night how our strikers are too far apart from each other which I think is the root cause of our problems, is it the strikers or the system or both.
Interestingly in Coopers interview after the game he said we hope to make one possibly two signings this week as he knows what the problems are.If he gets a bit of quality in, and our injured players are available there is no reason why we cannot win this league never mind the playoffs.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:32 am

Its a shame as the strikers linked up very well at Bath - well Hatch & Senior at least. Whilst Hatch was played on the left of the front three, he often came more central and he and Senior had their best games this season imo.

I think Cooper knew that a draw last night would be a good result and with Hatch not playing particularly well again took him off to try and save him for Saturday when we have more chance of 3 points at home. Hatch looked off the pace, and while i agree we struggled to hold onto the ball after he was withdrawn, i cant remember that many time where he held the ball up when he was on the pitch.

I think you have to give some credit to the York defence, particularly McGurk who marshalled us well last night, and apart from a couple of chances where they stood off to much were generally difficult to break down.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:11 am

We missed Tommy Wright last night I think. Last night was the ideal game for him.

italiano_senorita

Post by italiano_senorita » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:00 pm

quakersam wrote:Hatch wasn't himself tonight, wasn't really in the game. I just thought when Smith came on we managed to keep the ball in the final third a bit better. We need to start creating more chances though and our final ball is sometimes lacking.

Liam hasn't seemed himself in most of the recent games, with exception to the Luton game as he obviously wanted to prove a point... I wonder where the passion of the 'hitman' has gone... :(

divas

Post by divas » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:02 pm

italiano_senorita wrote:

Liam hasn't seemed himself in most of the recent games, with exception to the Luton game as he obviously wanted to prove a point... I wonder where the passion of the 'hitman' has gone... :(
I thought he had a stormer versus Bath too, i think its just all of these games catching up with him.....unless you know of some other reason.....

JE93

Post by JE93 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:46 pm

Hilly wrote:We missed Tommy Wright last night I think. Last night was the ideal game for him.
100% agree with you. Smith didnt have a good game last night when he cam on didnt look up to the standards of the first few games. would of loved to see tommy roughing up those 2 center backs because they werent the best. any news on when he will be back?