aah this explains it perhaps?!!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

1Superlidds
Team Supported: Darlington

aah this explains it perhaps?!!

Post by 1Superlidds » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:32 am

The problems of transatlantic communication and illiterate hotel staff:

When Simon Davey took the job at Hereford there was a lot of bad media suggesting that he claimed he was to take a job in America only to use that as an excuse to allow him a move to Hereford.

It now appears this was never the case. Seemingly Davey contacted Raj but the line was poor and communication was misunderstood. What Raj believes he heard was:

'Hi Raj, am afraid I am going to have to tender my resignation from Darlington FC.
As you know am in America at the moment and I have just received a fantastic job opportunity here in United States.
Sorry the lines breaking up I will get the hotel reception to e-mail my resignation to you"

actually what he apparently said was:

'Hi Raj, am afraid I am going to have to tender my resignation from Darlington FC.
As you know am in America at the moment and have received a fantastic job opportunity to get Hereford United in a state.
Sorry the lines breaking up I will get the hotel reception to e-mail my resignation to you"

Well there must be some sorry excuse for his actions and looking at their results this seems plausible :roll: :lol:
click on Facebook PIMM Productions for the latest on Darlo Till I Die

Darlo_Pete

Re: aah this explains it perhaps?!!

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:31 am

That explains it all. I hope Davey keeps his job for a few more weeks, as Hereford deserve him. Hereford have always had reputation for keeping hold of their managers, look how long Chris Turner survived as Hereford manager over the years.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:40 am

1Superlidds wrote:The problems of transatlantic communication and illiterate hotel staff:

When Simon Davey took the job at Hereford there was a lot of bad media suggesting that he claimed he was to take a job in America only to use that as an excuse to allow him a move to Hereford.

It now appears this was never the case. Seemingly Davey contacted Raj but the line was poor and communication was misunderstood. What Raj believes he heard was:

As you know am in America at the moment and I have just received a fantastic job opportunity here in United States.

actually what he apparently said was:

As you know am in America at the moment and have received a fantastic job opportunity to get Hereford United in a state.

Well there must be some sorry excuse for his actions and looking at their results this seems plausible :roll: :lol:
Lets put this on the Bulls message board!
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:17 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:That explains it all. I hope Davey keeps his job for a few more weeks, as Hereford deserve him. Hereford have always had reputation for keeping hold of their managers, look how long Chris Turner survived as Hereford manager over the years.

:crazy:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:19 am

Sorry I meant Graham Turner.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:06 pm

Did Graham Turner not own the club?

Tedthedarloboy

Post by Tedthedarloboy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:37 pm

Damn last 2 beat me to it.
Yes Turner did own the club,and I was going to ask Pete if he should have sacked himself!!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:10 pm

I think he was manager long before he owned it.