Cooper out

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

Cooper out

Post by Quakerz » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:15 pm

Fooks sake Cooper you're useless.

Hereford want a new manager.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlo Fonz

Re: Cooper out

Post by Darlo Fonz » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:16 pm

:lol:
Darlo Fonz
DARLINGTON FC

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:20 pm

Quakerz wrote:Fooks sake Cooper you're useless.

Totally agree Quakerz, get him out, another defeat by the looks of it.

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:25 pm

hahaha you really dont like cooper do you quakerz lol

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:25 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Totally agree Quakerz, get him out, another defeat by the looks of it.
Aye our 3rd this season :roll:

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:26 pm

I wish he would fuck off, in my 34 years supporting Darlo this is the worst style of football I have witnessed at the club.

i have never been happy with his appointment as he has only ever managed Tamworth and Kettering for fucks sake small clubs (no offence to small clubs) then got found out at Peterborough with his style of play.

The players we have at the club are better than the s*** Cooper is asking them to play. I said tongue in cheek last night Davy played better football with Liddles kids, but fact is he did, not that i would ever have Davy back. Cooper again will blame the players again tonight but not his tactics.

We have a number of kids on the sidelines who I would prefer to watch week in week out, such as Mcready, Barnes, Main Smith who will give 100% rather than these journeymen.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:27 pm

Craig09 wrote:hahaha you really dont like cooper do you quakerz lol
He's alright. He'd look good in a Hereford training top.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:28 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Craig09 wrote:hahaha you really dont like cooper do you quakerz lol
He's alright. He'd look good in a Hereford training top.
lol quality

piggy

Post by piggy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:32 pm

Dave Penney?? :D

I seriously cant see Raj giving cooper the bullet anytime soon.. although another low crowd and anything less than 3 points against Hayes and the pressure is ON.

QuakerMatt

Post by QuakerMatt » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:34 pm

What good would changing managers again do? These things take time, you don't become a bad managr overnight. Let's be honest, Cooper took over fairly late in pre-season, and deserves time to show what he's got.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:34 pm

Lets give it to Lidds and Maddo, at least they know how football should be played, even if they have to put out the youth team.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:35 pm

QuakerMatthew, Cooper has never been a good manager at a higher level club.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:36 pm

What we need is some stability. Anyone with any sense knew this season would not be a walk in the park and that upper midtable was the best we could hope for, flirting with the play-offs if things went well.

Let Cooper build a side for a year and then see where we are.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo Fonz

Post by Darlo Fonz » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:38 pm

Lets see what he says now then :|
Darlo Fonz
DARLINGTON FC

QuakerMatt

Post by QuakerMatt » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:39 pm

quakerste wrote:QuakerMatthew, Cooper has never been a good manager at a higher level club.
He's had one job in a higher level, and I don't think it's fair to use that as an example, as he didn't exactly get much of a chance there did he?

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:39 pm

The thing is Cooper hasn't got a bad squad of players to work with, it's his style of play that's the problem.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:39 pm

Mid table is no good.

We are fooking shat, I KNEW those draws would fooking cost us.

We've played NO FOOKER away, and won 0!

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:40 pm

The strange thing is we're exactly where I expected us to be... Top half, within sight of the playoffs and playing drab football under Cooper. But it's still all feels hugely disapointing.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:45 pm

Like Quakerz said we have played nobody and won nought away from home.

Look at the teams at the top of the table they are all managing to bang in 3-5 goals per game against the poorer teams, we're lucky if we get one goal or one shot on target, thats how bad it is.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:46 pm

quakerste wrote:I wish he would f*** off, in my 34 years supporting Darlo this is the worst style of football I have witnessed at the club.

i have never been happy with his appointment as he has only ever managed Tamworth and Kettering for fucks sake small clubs (no offence to small clubs) then got found out at Peterborough with his style of play.

The players we have at the club are better than the s*** Cooper is asking them to play. I said tongue in cheek last night Davy played better football with Liddles kids, but fact is he did, not that i would ever have Davy back. Cooper again will blame the players again tonight but not his tactics.

We have a number of kids on the sidelines who I would prefer to watch week in week out, such as Mcready, Barnes, Main Smith who will give 100% rather than these journeymen.
We are a big club are we???

bedaledarlo

Post by bedaledarlo » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:46 pm

I still dont get these head in the sand people that think mid-table is ok for us this year...

Look at the crowds folks, look at the problems the club has.

Mid-table is a disaster for us, the ground we have, the costs of the players and full-time staff etc etc.

Some people go on about Darlo like you would about a top club with cash flows and big crowds. We dont have the resources to carry on with downward spirals.

1 win in 7 against mainly utter shoite.

More worryingly our style of play has utterly turned off our fans. I think if we had been in the position we are in and played a bit the fans wouldn't have ran so quickly for the hills.

Hoofball is fine if you are winning

moodymonica

Post by moodymonica » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:49 pm

Absolute Wank!!!

Spyman obviously has seen us this season to want to give Cooer time and stability - f**k off - we are absolute shyte to watch - it's boring as fook - Saturday's are a chore to go and watch them - no wonder we're getting less crowds - if Raj doesnt do something we're gonna be in the shyte big style - take over for Tesco's and put us all out of our misery - and for those that say we should be thankfull for having a club there's only a certain few that do give a toss - the rest of the town have had enough, time to turn the lights out.
How much are our team getting paid to get beat against NON LEAGUE teams, hang your heads Darlo - fooking useless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:50 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
quakerste wrote:I wish he would f*** off, in my 34 years supporting Darlo this is the worst style of football I have witnessed at the club.

Oh dear lord.

Some of us have Newcastle Fan syndrome.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:51 pm

Were you awake last season?!? That was the worst season's worth of football I've ever seen a Darlington team turn in. It was shocking. And I'm sorry but banging out on about small clubs? We're not exactly a big fish are we. The likes of Oxford took a lot longer than 14 games to prove themselves at this level.

Agree with Spyman. I thought we'd be around the play-offs but I was always realistic to know that automatic would be well out of reach. A play-off place would be a fine achievement this term. The very least we need to give the manager time to build a team. Penney arguably put together a better squad during his last season than the one previously. It takes time.

I know Quakerz is doing his usual thing after a defeat but some others on this board I do wonder about at times. Christ some were ready to Staunton a start in the Conference just for the sake of 'stability'. Now that we've got a manager who has half decent potential and some people are kicking off or wanting a change.

Bit of faith lads please.

Oh and anyone who goes about entertainment then go down the cinema or to a gig. That way you'll get your guaranteed entertainment. 100% guaranteed entertainment and football don't belong in the same sentence.

RenoRaines

Post by RenoRaines » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:53 pm

Blame davey not cooper. Were you at the game?
Reno Raines

DL5

Post by DL5 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:54 pm

bedaledarlo wrote:I still dont get these head in the sand people that think mid-table is ok for us this year...

Look at the crowds folks, look at the problems the club has.

Mid-table is a disaster for us, the ground we have, the costs of the players and full-time staff etc etc.

Some people go on about Darlo like you would about a top club with cash flows and big crowds. We dont have the resources to carry on with downward spirals.

1 win in 7 against mainly utter shoite.

More worryingly our style of play has utterly turned off our fans. I think if we had been in the position we are in and played a bit the fans wouldn't have ran so quickly for the hills.

Hoofball is fine if you are winning
Nobody likes it, we're just getting real not all dramatic. Unless Raj was willing to match Crawley's spending power he'd be very foolish not to have drawn up a 3yr plan to get back up, It's a graveyard of far wealthier clubs down here.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:55 pm

But not when you are 4-7-3 after playing average to poor NON league teams.

I agree with Bedale, the Ostriches need to realise that mid table is not acceptable, and that is not because we think we have a right to be top 5. The pressure is on the team Saturday.

Look at who we play after Hayes and Yeading too. Six really tough matches, we could be in the bottom 6 at nearly half way.

If ever we need to string 3 or 4 wins together from nothing, it is now.

And Cooper FFS take M Smith out of the team he is not ready and we are playing with 10 men!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:56 pm

RenoRaines wrote:

Blame davey not cooper. Were you at the game?
Blame Davey? What? Why?

Were you at the fooking game?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:58 pm

BishopQuaker wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:

Oh dear lord.

Some of us have Newcastle Fan syndrome.
No, this is not about a divine right to success, this is about we are FOOKED if we don't succeed. You keep on burying your head in the sand pal.

mobi

Post by mobi » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:59 pm

DL5 wrote:
bedaledarlo wrote: Nobody likes it, we're just getting real not all dramatic. Unless Raj was willing to match Crawley's spending power he'd be very foolish not to have drawn up a 3yr plan to get back up, It's a graveyard of far wealthier clubs down here.
Raj clearly hasn't drawn up a long term plan, he has already stated that he'll stop backing the club at the end of next season! It was Raj who raised expectations by exaggerating the size of our budget before the season began. It proved a good way to sell season tickets for sure, but now its added more pressure onto Cooper, who clearly does not have one of the biggest budgets in the BSP.

Given Raj's short termism I wouldn't be surprised if he did give Cooper the axe before Christmas, and given Raj's track record in choosing managers I dread to think who he would appoint next.