we deserved to lose

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Breedon
Team Supported: Darlington

we deserved to lose

Post by Breedon » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:12 pm

Just got back. Today was one of the most inept footballing performances ive ever seen Darlington put on. I'm not just speaking out of frustration here, we were genuinely shite. Port Vale could and should have had it well in the bag long before the penalty, but the fact that we'd been given that bit of luck that we really, REALLY didn't deserve, I thought lets take the point and run, but the worst player on the pitch by a country mile on the day had other ideas. Think Conlon vs Peterborough in that FA Cup tie. No creativity, no pace, no imagination, no chance. Utter shite. We really need to pull our fingers out, NO WAY should Windass and Thorpe ever be on the pitch at the same time, but we desperately need some pace in the team, particularly down the wings. Another howler by Knight went unpunished too.

The one plus was the performance of Chandler, he really put in a decent shift and was determined and desperate to make a difference, when others were happy to trot around the pitch and pick up their pay cheque. Full credit to the small group of Darlo fans who sang literally all the way through the game (though that drum did sound like a wet fart!)

DEEJAY

Re: we deserved to lose

Post by DEEJAY » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:18 pm

Breedon wrote:Just got back. Today was one of the most inept footballing performances ive ever seen Darlington put on. I'm not just speaking out of frustration here, we were genuinely shite. Port Vale could and should have had it well in the bag long before the penalty, but the fact that we'd been given that bit of luck that we really, REALLY didn't deserve, I thought lets take the point and run, but the worst player on the pitch by a country mile on the day had other ideas. Think Conlon vs Peterborough in that FA Cup tie. No creativity, no pace, no imagination, no chance. Utter shite. We really need to pull our fingers out, NO WAY should Windass and Thorpe ever be on the pitch at the same time, but we desperately need some pace in the team, particularly down the wings. Another howler by Knight went unpunished too.

The one plus was the performance of Chandler, he really put in a decent shift and was determined and desperate to make a difference, when others were happy to trot around the pitch and pick up their pay cheque. Full credit to the small group of Darlo fans who sang literally all the way through the game (though that drum did sound like a wet fart!)
respect for going m8 at the mo me hearts not in it gutted

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:39 pm

Cant say I blame you mate. I dont mind an away loss when the lads actually put in the graft and end up either being unlucky or are beaten by the better side, I always hate to see Darlo lose but today just made my blood boil. No effort, no passion, no commitment and certainly no skill. Dreadful performance.

The_Ozzman_Cometh

Post by The_Ozzman_Cometh » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:52 pm

Have to agree about thorpe...The minute he came off we actually started keeping the ball on the ground.
Smith should never have took that penalty-I would have let Main took-it was no surprise to me when he blazed it over-I was fuming when that happened.

The Ozzman
The World is Full of Kings & Queens
Who Blind your Eyes then Steal your Dreams