Income from Cup Games

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

gabbas
Team Supported: Darlington

Income from Cup Games

Post by gabbas » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:44 pm

I know last season RS was quoted in saying the budget did not cover cup games so any money made from cup was additional income. Does anyone know if he has done the same this year.

He will probably decide to cover his losses but a decent crownd and win in next game could help come January transfer window and possibly keeping MBW.

Christophano

Re: Income from Cup Games

Post by Christophano » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:09 pm

I very much doubt he'd include possible cup profits in his budget, how could he?

Norm_D_Ploom

Post by Norm_D_Ploom » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:29 pm

I believe it was 12 & 18 k for the two wins so far plus whatever they made from the match yesterday.

With another home game to come, in particular if it's York, we could make 75k+ from the cup run even if we lose the 2nd round match.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:04 pm

The prize money for winning R2 is 27k.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:18 pm

So we've made 30k plus at a guess at least 8k in gate receipts. Might get 2000 plus for R2, especially if it's York. And the tie is winnable, so we could make a good bit of money out of the FA cup this year :thumbup:

gabbas

Post by gabbas » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:48 pm

Christophano wrote:I very much doubt he'd include possible cup profits in his budget, how could he?
He could put 2 games in coz we are gaurenteed at least 2 cup games, but last year he didnt include any.

Darlo_James

Post by Darlo_James » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:00 pm

because if he budgets for a cup game and we get some team with very small crowds and get beat, we'll of earned next to nothing

Christophano

Income from Cup Games

Post by Christophano » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:06 pm

gabbas wrote:
Christophano wrote:I very much doubt he'd include possible cup profits in his budget, how could he?
He could put 2 games in coz we are gaurenteed at least 2 cup games, but last year he didnt include any.
But how can he possibly estimate what our takings will be? There is no way to guesstimate who we would draw, how big their ground is and thus what our share of the takings would be.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:27 pm

We have the potential to make quite a bit of cash from the FA cup this time round. If we can repeat the performance against Bristol Rovers and reach round 3 then a potential big draw is there for us and the big money tie the club has been long overdue! Here's hoping! :thumbup:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"