The problems....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Re: The problems....

Post by cameron-darlo » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:08 am

mr coops have you just seriously suggested we need to get rid of senior in January? are you totally bonkers? he runs his bollocks off every game and is our top scorer for his efforts, he has been my man of the match in a few games, including yesterday.

your off your rocker.

Hilly
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Hilly » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:19 am

If he hadn't lost it before, he certainly has now.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:39 pm

oh, so curtis is going to boro in january then coops? lol

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:44 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:mr coops have you just seriously suggested we need to get rid of senior in January? are you totally bonkers? he runs his bollocks off every game and is our top scorer for his efforts, he has been my man of the match in a few games, including yesterday.

your off your rocker.
Come January, all those players who've under performed I would attempt to shot of. Many of those lack effort. My point may be controversial and no doubt people will continue to criticise me for it.

Come January there will be some big changes in the squad.

You make it sound so easy!! Firstly most of those players are under contract so you either need to pay them off or find another club to take them. Then you have to persuade all those better players to leave where they are now & come to Darlo, unless they are falling over themselves to come here......which I very much doubt. Your point is both controversial and stupid.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:48 pm

He wants to get rid of our top scorer, presumably because there is a star hitman, with goals galore in him, just waiting for the chance to come to Darlo in January.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:34 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote: 1. Obviously the players are under contract. Well done for pointing that one out....
2. The idea is to find them another club if the manager can. Well done for pointing that 1 out also.....
3. Yes, we would need replacements.... Well done again...

All of the above are required to sign new players and allow existing ones to leave.

I think too many of you are disillusioned on here with the ability (or lack of) within the current squad. If big changes aren't made we will be setting ourselves up for a mid table finish
Like I said you make it sound so easy. If you are so clever then knock on Coopers door and help him move these players on and get new ones in. :roll:

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:09 pm

coops, if all the players cooper wants shot of decide to stay then the club cant do anything about it, people like austin, clarke, etc will see their contracts out, in addition players such as chandler and wright have 18 months left, they arent gonna walk away - why should they? louis, verma, hatch, bridge-wilkinson and hone may go cos their clubs may want them back, although hatch hasnt featured for peterborough, however, another league club may offer him the 2-3 yr contract he wants , according to his interview in last weeks non league paper, if all 5 go for instance then cooper will have to bring in replacements, but like i said i the contracted players dig their heels in, then theres nowt you can do

Norm_D_Ploom

Post by Norm_D_Ploom » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:29 pm

Re Chris Senior, I don't think anyone on this thread has suggested the lad is not a trier as he certainly puts a shift in, and he is our top scorer at the moment.

However these things should not mask the fact that if we have serious hopes of getting promoted then we need a better striker than Senior, sorry but that is the truth.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:27 pm

Norm_D_Ploom wrote:Re Chris Senior, I don't think anyone on this thread has suggested the lad is not a trier as he certainly puts a shift in, and he is our top scorer at the moment.

However these things should not mask the fact that if we have serious hopes of getting promoted then we need a better striker than Senior, sorry but that is the truth.

The likes of Tubbs, Brodie, Barnes-Homer for example? The best stikers in this league are all way out of our price range. We couldn't even afford Rankine!!

Norm_D_Ploom

Post by Norm_D_Ploom » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:33 pm

I didn't say we could did I ?

divas

Post by divas » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:38 pm

LoidLucan wrote:There simply aren't enough goals in the forwards on our books.
Thirty goals at this level last season between Senior & Louis says otherwise, our forwards dont even have scraps to feed off most games

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:45 pm

I don't understand the clamour for a 20 goal a season striker. Even if we got one they'd end up not scoring - a la hatch and senior?
What we need is a miracle and unearth a gabbers / dave currie on the cheap. Someone who needs no service, can jink past 3 - 4 players and ping the ball into the net from 25 yards.
Highly unlikely to happen so we have to understand why cooper decided to change a winning team?

Norm_D_Ploom

Post by Norm_D_Ploom » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:47 pm

divas wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:There simply aren't enough goals in the forwards on our books.
Thirty goals at this level last season between Senior & Louis says otherwise, our forwards dont even have scraps to feed off most games
Divas I think we would agree that the sides who get promoted from this league tend to be top half sides in l2,not every time but generally.

Can you honestly say that either Chris Senior or Jeff Louis are up to that standard ?

Agree re the service they are getting but if we have serious hopes of a push for the top 5 we have to ( somehow) find better than those lads.

divas

Post by divas » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:53 pm

Like what? Someone who can score 15 goals in this league? I dont think it was an accident that they both scored goals last year, so why suddenly are they s*** now? You dont turn into a bad player overnight. We just dont create anything which is why we struggle.

Barring a Gabbiandini who could score a goal from nothing there isnt much we could realistically attract. Plenty of players in this league have 10+ goals and they arent particularly good. I could guarantee that if we signed a player who has got goals in the conference this season they'd struggle in the team currently, especially if asked to play a role up front where the only time you see the ball is when your trying to win a header.

The conference is a very different beast to league 2 and players who do well in one league dont necessarily do well in the other, so whether senior or louis could adapt to league 2 football is irrelevant

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:03 pm

Absolutely spot on divas. Singh has given the funds to bring in players like senior, hatch, MBW etc - so this is all about making these players deliver the goods. Even cooper knows the answer from the good mini run we had.
I'm a big believer in sticking to a winning formula and letting the opposition manager change HIS tactis through worrying about us. Why should we have to change what's been working???

divas

Post by divas » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:07 pm

Cooper made a comment in the Tamworthprogramme about not wanting to change a winning team even tho certain players were tired. A couple of weeks later he then says that he's not one to stick with a team just cos they are winning.At times i think Cooper has an identical twin brother.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:10 pm

We don't score enough goals because we don't create many chances and that's because, as the goals for and against confirm, we generally set our stall out in a fairly conservative manner to be solid and keep em out rather than attack-minded. Hell, we didn't even go for the jugular when we were in front and had a team down to nine men.

I can never see us giving anyone a real tonking in the way that Luton, Crawley and others are capable of doing in this league. We are generally good at keeping it tight and will scrape enough wins by the odd goal or so but lose a fair few by the same margin to keep us around the mid-table mark which is a fair reflection of where we are as a club.

I was so disappointed on Saturday to see us start a home game like that on the back foot. If that had been York at their place, I'm quite sure they'd have gone for it hell for leather from the off in a cup game like that. Not for the first time this season we only started to wake up and show some real attacking intent when the time was slipping away and we were behind. We slipped out of the cup with a whimper really.

Norm_D_Ploom

Post by Norm_D_Ploom » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:34 pm

Thats what you all posted on here after the pre season games though LL, we are tight at the back but were are the goals coming from ?

It shouldn't really be too much of a shock