Oxford home programme 1964!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

don'tbuythesun
Team Supported: Darlington

Oxford home programme 1964!

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:58 pm

One of the lads at work (Widnes RLFC fan) gave me this recently. It was 4d...that's about 1 and half p. The team is O'Neill, peverell, morgan, robson, greener, atkinson, conlon (his dad?), allison, mcgeachie, lawton, rayment and no subs!! After the away win at Bradford 3-2 they say"it was encouraging to get so much support from the terraces at an away game. the excursion arranged by the supporters club proved a big success......we hope they continue...and get the support deserved" So it worked then? Also- we need loud cheers from home fans as well!!! there's a picture of Len Allison scoring our goal against Millwall looks like alex stepney in goal?! There's an advert for the Darlington Building society and spooky...one for H Harland painter/decorator-any relation to Steve who reemerged on the board. After my rail message recedntly there's and advert for rail travel to the game, 3/6 that's about 15 p. We were due to play the poolies on 26th home and 28th away of december. Oh and Ron Atkinson was playing for Oxford. Is the Broadway cafe or simpsons sports still there?

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Re: Oxford home programme 1964!

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:38 pm

Ken Allison, if I remember rightly. Apologies, not nit picking.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

swadquaker

Post by swadquaker » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Went on the bus to the Bradford match. We shouted our heads off, but as we were behind for most of the match the Bradford fans just laughed at us. Then their full back managed to score an own goal from the halfway line and they turned ugly. We ran like hell at the end and the last I saw of my home made "Quakers" banner was it being ripped to shreds.God knows how we got back to the bus in one piece. Happy days!

darlo owl 1967
Team Supported: swfc

Post by darlo owl 1967 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:43 pm

Was that game at park avenue,if it was Haughton secondary school had a coach for that game.We had a teacher that was a darlo fan,think it was Mr Williams.

swadquaker

Post by swadquaker » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Yeah, Park Avenue

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:28 pm

Sorry K is next to L! We had some great teachers. Before all those risk assessments-I was living in somerset- we went to Chelsea v Man Utd (Charlton's last game) and Chelsea v Newcastle. Another time we jumped onto an english trip (Titus Andronicus at the Aldwych-can't believe I remember that!) and went to Arsenal v Birmingham-Liam Brady played...our best school trip was Bristol City at Wolves in the cup-so many baggy white pants, shiny docs and denim jackets...a riot, literally.

lancedarlo

Post by lancedarlo » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:19 pm

I remember Darlo playing Oxford in the 60s.Tony Moor broke his arm
in that game. I Think Ron Atkinson was playing for Oxford then.
anyone else remember the game?