Support for Quakerz

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

M-26-7
Team Supported: Darlington

Support for Quakerz

Post by M-26-7 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:33 pm

Undoubtedly not everyones cup of tea, but his comments are right IMHO. Colin Todd was the only candidate for the job and it is proving to be the wrong decision to appoint him as manager. Quakerz comments do not sit well with the ostriches on this messageboard, however sometimes the truth is painful and very difficult to take. My home town club is sinking by the week, yet again we see the hierarchy make a decision that is propelling the club towards oblivion, Colin will NOT prove to be a success!! he has never done anything in managerial terms of any note. Why oh why did we not cast our net further in the search for a replacement for Penney, surely there are others who would have relished the chance to manage Darlo!

On the flip side I hope both myself and Quakerz are wrong and Toddy brings us success, along with a good helping of attractive footy!
“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.”

Darlodave

Re: Support for Quakerz

Post by Darlodave » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:36 pm

M-26-7 wrote:surely there are others who would have relished the chance to manage Darlo!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

M-26-7

Post by M-26-7 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:38 pm

Darlodave wrote:
M-26-7 wrote:surely there are others who would have relished the chance to manage Darlo!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Laugh all you want, we did not even try! :thumbdown:
“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.”

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:59 pm

Coops, it is a widely accepted opinion that I know more about football that you. One only has to remember your insane postings on the Northern Echo site - when we were doing well! - to know that you know shite all.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:16 pm

I agree with a lot of Q's comments and disagree with a lot. On this occassion I think he is being harsh and more than a little trigger happy. I will try not to criticise anyone for having their own opinion, which is what makes a messageboard like this thrive, but how can we jump on the back of a manager and a set of players when we're not even through August? granted we have had a s*** start though.

My expectations were very low for this season, as low as they have been for a vast majority of the last 20 years. I would have taken 17th as a success this season given the squad we have "cobbled" together.

However, I have not seen a match this season other than Leeds on telly. I was impressed with the committment and effort, if a little concerned about potential lack of firepower. I will bow to the judgement of those who have seen a lot more than I have so will stick only to my thoughts from afar.

It seems to me that a lot of people who support Quakerz in his views are the younger generation who are equally as quick to jump on the manager/players/staff's backs as they are used to more relative success from recent years and as such Q's points may be diluted a touch. (Some of these youngsters never saw sub 1300 crowds at Feethams, many I suspect never saw Feethams). That doesn't mean that everyone else is against his views - taking insults aside.

I don't think Q needs anyone to come out in support of him - he bangs his own drum enough :lol: and is happy to support his own points, it's only those that take the bait that end up looking like twats (I have before). But I think there needs to be a bit of neutral ground found between the impatient and patient crowd, cos all this bickering ain't doing anyone any good.
Mullet69uk on Twitter

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:18 pm

Todd is a poor manager with no idea and that is that. Call that a childish rant all you like.

Even if we had money we'd be dull, uncreative and fucked with him in charge.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:42 pm

Why oh why did we not cast our net further in the search for a replacement for Penney, surely there are others who would have relished the chance to manage Darlo! M-26-7

Because the administrators were in charge and appointed Todd!!

Quackers should keep his absurd comments to himself until we have played 10 league games and the players actually know each other.

We have had so many new players come into the club SINCE the start of the season (only 17 days ago remember) that it is going to take more than a couple of games for them to learn how to play as a team.

Quackers - do you honestly think Raj is stupid enough to dismiss Todd and bring in a new manager, who will demand more budget that Raj doesn't have, so that he can sign his own players?

I expect that, unlike you, he will show loyalty and support to a man who has a hell of a difficult job on his hands.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:48 pm

Name one.

Say Hodgy, and I'll ban you for a week.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

TeessideQuaker

Post by TeessideQuaker » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:57 pm

M-26-7 wrote:Undoubtedly not everyones cup of tea, but his comments are right IMHO. Colin Todd was the only candidate for the job and it is proving to be the wrong decision to appoint him as manager. Quakerz comments do not sit well with the ostriches on this messageboard, however sometimes the truth is painful and very difficult to take. My home town club is sinking by the week, yet again we see the hierarchy make a decision that is propelling the club towards oblivion, Colin will NOT prove to be a success!! he has never done anything in managerial terms of any note. Why oh why did we not cast our net further in the search for a replacement for Penney, surely there are others who would have relished the chance to manage Darlo!

On the flip side I hope both myself and Quakerz are wrong and Toddy brings us success, along with a good helping of attractive footy!
How can appointing Todd be the wrong decision if he was the only candidate?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:00 pm

M-26-7 wrote:Undoubtedly not everyones cup of tea, but his comments are right IMHO. Colin Todd was the only candidate for the job and it is proving to be the wrong decision to appoint him as manager. Quakerz comments do not sit well with the ostriches on this messageboard, however sometimes the truth is painful and very difficult to take. My home town club is sinking by the week, yet again we see the hierarchy make a decision that is propelling the club towards oblivion, Colin will NOT prove to be a success!! he has never done anything in managerial terms of any note. Why oh why did we not cast our net further in the search for a replacement for Penney, surely there are others who would have relished the chance to manage Darlo!

Whether I agree with you or not (and for the record, I believe the jury should very much still be out - Todd shouldn't have our blind support simply because of the circumstances, nor should he be written off so early), to say he 'has never done anything in managerial terms of any note' is just wrong.

He took Bolton into the Premiership and to the League Cup final as Assistant to Bruce Rioch. He also led them to the play-off final in 1999. This was all over 10 years ago, but it still stands.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

mobi

Post by mobi » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:28 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:

Do you know a thing about football? Because Quakerz certainly doesn't. After 4 games calling for Colin Todd's head after we have had a big change in personnel and the team. This is ludicrous. Colin Todd was not my ideal appointment either, HOWEVER - he has brought in some players who can do well in League 2 this season. The thing we are missing at the moment in the team ethic. This will not come until at least a quarter the way through the season. Even then, it will continue to build throughout the rest of the season.

You cannot put 11 League 2 standard players who have never played together before into a team and expect them to play like a team. At the moment we are seeing individuals. Just be patient. Colin todd will continue to chop and change the team until around 10 games in I reckon and it will be around then he knows what his starting 11 and formation will be.

So stop getting on his back, stop kissing Quakerz' backside and get SUPPORTING your team.
I'm don't agree with Quakerz call for Todd to go, but I have to disagree with a fair bit of what you've written. We do NOT have a good squad of players, and many of them are not league 2 standard. For example, Mark Convery was released by two conference clubs over the past 2 years. We have a very weak forward line that will not produce goals. Lee Thorpe does not have a track record as a goalscorer, and Windass is in his 40th year! They might try hard and they might develop a great team ethic, but this squad is seriously short of quality.

ham

Post by ham » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:33 pm

Quakerz, you seem to have a lot to say about the football at the arena considering you don't even go to the matches, you come across as a typical part-time supporter.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:56 pm

Yeah and I won't be there on Saturday either cos I'm off on holiday - which is a far more appealing prospect than watching Darlo at the moment!

And I'll be missing Macclesfield too, cos guess what, off on holiday again! Just full of god damn holidays me.

That aside, 27 years and counting ham, my support is not in question.

Now either come up with something credible to oppose what I said that you disagree with, rather than having a go at me, or zip it!

ham

Post by ham » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:37 pm

I've been supporting them for 30years mate, it's just sometimes you come across very negative, as if your hoping for the worst. All i'm saying is lets give the manager a chance and see where we're at in another 5/6 games, if there's no improvement then I might agree with you.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:19 pm

ham wrote:Quakerz, you seem to have a lot to say about the football at the arena considering you don't even go to the matches, you come across as a typical part-time supporter.
Qz. You might just have to put your tactics where your mouth is - I'm about to recommend that you spend a day with the squad and the management on coaching duties.

Are you really up for it?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:25 pm

LOL, fucking no chance.

How about recommending a manager to go in and help them, rather than a fan?

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:55 pm

I've said it before Quarkerz might like to think about going on an anger management course, especially around 4:55 on a Saturday afternoon.

Like him or loathe him at least he adds a bit of comedy value into proceedings.

For the record, you can't sensibly sack a manager this early into the season.

RenoRaines

Post by RenoRaines » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:37 pm

It amazes me that some people have forgotten that we came out of admin the day before the season started. Prior to that we had ahandful of out of contract players and a management team not getting paid. We should be grateful to Todd for taking the job otherwise we would not even have a team now. It is an impossible position to be in and for people to say "Todd out" shows a lack of understanding or respect.

The team is operating on a shoestring what do we expect?

Maybe Quakerz should share his master plan with us to get us up the table with no manager and importantly No money

Reno
Reno Raines