Football Hooliganism At West Ham - Millwall

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

BishopQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Football Hooliganism At West Ham - Millwall

Post by BishopQuaker » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:54 pm

I can't stand programmes like Street Wars etc as it just pisses me off, but seeing thesee tossers get what they deserve would be worth watching!

DL5

Post by DL5 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:56 pm

BishopQuaker wrote:I can't stand programmes like Street Wars etc as it just pisses me off, but seeing thesee tossers get what they deserve would be worth watching!
Send the press along, give the bellies an encore on telly :lol:

ShrewsX

Post by ShrewsX » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:15 pm

Bovver Boots wrote: Innocent people jesus christ its West Ham Milwall for fucks sake! A few fans running on the pitch and a game of tug of war with the police/stewards. Oh no its 9/11 all over again. :roll:
Tell that to the locals who nipped out for a takeaway while your hero's put the glass out. Tell that to the bloke who's business insurance premiums will go up as a result. Tell that to anyone who was walking his dog past the ground. THESE ARE INNOCENT PEOPLE, nothing to do with the match, and why the fuck should ordinary innocent people stay locked in their houses so a few neanderthals can kick the crap out of each other.

Millwall vs West Ham, or Darlo vs Bournemouth, the fixture isn't the issue. People have a right to NOT be involved in violence, far more than these arsewipes have a right to br involved in it.

Shrews
Season 2009/10 - They think its all over.... It is now. Darlo FC, Blue Square Premier 2010/11

Unstuck

Post by Unstuck » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:23 am

I've just moved to Brisbane and went to my first football match on Saturday. No segregation of fans, a token police presence, a couple of friendly stewards and no hint of any trouble. It's the same at all sporting events over here. The missus even said she'd like to go to another game (rather than being dragged) because it was more of a family atmosphere rather than being full of 'blokes going argh' as she put it.

The quality of the footy was pretty crap but a life supporting darlo has given me a good tolerance for that.

It is interesting that Australia is one of england's rivals for the 2018 world cup. To be honest I think they'd do a much better job.

Bovver Boots

Post by Bovver Boots » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:35 am

Unstuck wrote:I've just moved to Brisbane and went to my first football match on Saturday. No segregation of fans, a token police presence, a couple of friendly stewards and no hint of any trouble. It's the same at all sporting events over here. The missus even said she'd like to go to another game (rather than being dragged) because it was more of a family atmosphere rather than being full of 'blokes going argh' as she put it.

The quality of the footy was pretty crap but a life supporting darlo has given me a good tolerance for that.

It is interesting that Australia is one of england's rivals for the 2018 world cup. To be honest I think they'd do a much better job.
Jesus Christ are you serious? Blokes going argh! :lol: :lol:

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:40 am

ShrewsX wrote:
Bovver Boots wrote: Innocent people jesus christ its West Ham Milwall for fucks sake! A few fans running on the pitch and a game of tug of war with the police/stewards. Oh no its 9/11 all over again. :roll:
Tell that to the locals who nipped out for a takeaway while your hero's put the glass out. Tell that to the bloke who's business insurance premiums will go up as a result. Tell that to anyone who was walking his dog past the ground. THESE ARE INNOCENT PEOPLE, nothing to do with the match, and why the fuck should ordinary innocent people stay locked in their houses so a few neanderthals can kick the crap out of each other.

Millwall vs West Ham, or Darlo vs Bournemouth, the fixture isn't the issue. People have a right to NOT be involved in violence, far more than these arsewipes have a right to br involved in it.

Shrews
Very well put.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:49 am

Unstuck wrote:I've just moved to Brisbane and went to my first football match on Saturday. No segregation of fans, a token police presence, a couple of friendly stewards and no hint of any trouble. It's the same at all sporting events over here. The missus even said she'd like to go to another game (rather than being dragged) because it was more of a family atmosphere rather than being full of 'blokes going argh' as she put it.

No offence, but that isn't what football is about either. Fans should feel like they are allowed to make noise, have a whinge about a bad decision and swear without being looked at funny by uptight people playing the "family game" card (I'm not saying you and your missus are like this, but they do exist), I'm not one for getting pissed and swearing every other sentance at a match, but if someone sticks a dirty tackle on one of our lads, I'm going to blast the little s*** and if anyone has a problem with that then they shouldn't be going to a football match, but violance and stuff like racist chanting just doesn't belong in the sport at all and makes me as a football fan sick to be in any way associated with. I think crowd segragation helps the atmosphere during the game, but its always nice when before and after the game both sets of fans can feel they can mingle in eachothers company and have the crack without feeling intimidated.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:09 am

Breedon wrote:

I'm not one for getting pissed and swearing every other sentance at a match, but if someone sticks a dirty tackle on one of our lads, I'm going to blast the little s*** and if anyone has a problem with that then they shouldn't be going to a football match.
Why can't it be both?

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:20 am

QuakerPete wrote:What I don't understand is if these hooligans REALLY wanted to beat each other up at these "pre-arranged" meetings, why don't they do it away from the football game on a different day? Then they won't have the police getting in between them or that nasty 70-year-old ground steward and his lethal female assistant preventing the "firms" wreaking havoc.

Nah, it doesn't make sense
Spot on Pete, spot on.

Especially the 'that nasty 70-year-old ground steward and his lethal female assistant preventing the "firms" wreaking havoc' bit. One of the funniest things I've ever seen at a footy match was at Lincoln at few years back when the said stewards held back the Darlo massive.......................there's only one word for it.............pathetic!

As for bring back the 70s , lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,pathetic, lol

willphil
Team Supported: Darlington FC, Cas Tigers RLFC

Post by willphil » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:03 pm

I was at the Thunder game on Sunday in what was always gonna be a tense relegation threatening game, Leigh put on free coaches for their fans, they brought about 400 in a crowd of just over a 1000, no segregation in the stand, no segregation in the bars, pints flowing down necks before the match, during the match in the stands, half time, during the second half etc etc....the atmosphere was maybe a little more highly charged than normal due to the importance of the game and although some Thunder fans have critisised Leigh fans for a bit of drunken bad language i did not once feel threatened or intimidated....i was sat in the row directly in front of about 100 Leigh fans who were very vocal throughout the game (the bastards were sat where i usually like to sit lol). Thunder won 30-24, Leigh gained a bonus point from that to make them almost safe from relegation, i walked out to the car park with a few Leigh fans discussing the game, wished each other good luck for the end of the season and went on our way.......Not trying to make a point just saying how it was. (and is, at rugby league matches).

bigrichiet

Post by bigrichiet » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:28 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
QuakerPete wrote:What I don't understand is if these hooligans REALLY wanted to beat each other up at these "pre-arranged" meetings, why don't they do it away from the football game on a different day? Then they won't have the police getting in between them or that nasty 70-year-old ground steward and his lethal female assistant preventing the "firms" wreaking havoc.

Spot on Pete, spot on.

Especially the 'that nasty 70-year-old ground steward and his lethal female assistant preventing the "firms" wreaking havoc' bit. One of the funniest things I've ever seen at a footy match was at Lincoln at few years back when the said stewards held back the Darlo massive.......................there's only one word for it.............pathetic!

yeah i'd forgot about that lincoln game, if it wasnt so embarrassing to watch it would have been the funniest thing i'd ever seen. It was literally a case of about a dozen 'fans' from both sides threatening each other and attempting to jump the 3 foot barrier to 'have a go', only to be stopped in their tracks by maybe 2 or 3 half hearted 7 stone stewards, who, due to their dedication to the job and extensive riot training managed to do the unthinkable and stop all 25 people from coming to blows. it was clear that either these stewards were armed forces in disguise or that these 25 'hooligans' were a bunch of sad c**** who made themselves look completely fucking stupid!

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:41 pm

comeondarlo wrote:

Spot on Pete, spot on.

Yeah, that Lincoln game did spring to mind when I was typing - I was on the front row at the time, it was hilarious to see all the hard boys back off.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:17 pm

Hilly wrote:
Breedon wrote:

I'm not one for getting pissed and swearing every other sentance at a match, but if someone sticks a dirty tackle on one of our lads, I'm going to blast the little s*** and if anyone has a problem with that then they shouldn't be going to a football match.
Why can't it be both?
It can be, what I'm saying is I dont want dirty looks or snidey remarks off some jumped up old fart if I want to make myself heard for whatever reason. If others choose to be quiet throughout, or watch the game with their family's then by all means do so, thats great, but dont go telling other people that they aren't allowed to have it their way aswell. Thats all. I realise I may have steered into another topic that probably hasn't been under discussion in this thread, but yeah, it works both ways. Aslong as nobody is being abusive or violant, everyone has the right to act as they see fit, in a common sense way ofcourse.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:21 pm

bigrichiet wrote:
comeondarlo wrote:

Spot on Pete, spot on.

yeah i'd forgot about that lincoln game, if it wasnt so embarrassing to watch it would have been the funniest thing i'd ever seen. It was literally a case of about a dozen 'fans' from both sides threatening each other and attempting to jump the 3 foot barrier to 'have a go', only to be stopped in their tracks by maybe 2 or 3 half hearted 7 stone stewards, who, due to their dedication to the job and extensive riot training managed to do the unthinkable and stop all 25 people from coming to blows. it was clear that either these stewards were armed forces in disguise or that these 25 'hooligans' were a bunch of sad c**** who made themselves look completely fucking stupid!
I remember that! Two of the stewards were actually female if my memory serves me correctly! Big 'ard men those "hooligans" were! Whats more pathetic, the fact that they would start violance around females and children, or the fact that they were successfully restrained by them!?

style c

Post by style c » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:38 pm

just to clear up what you think happened at lincoln.the reason both sets of lads refrained from jumping over the divide at each other was nothing to do with the stewards but the fact that police stood in the corner of the ground were filming throughout.also the police were straight on the incident within about 20 seconds baton happy if i remember rightly.thats the reason why it has all but stopped at darlo now as the police know every lad involved and charges against someone who causes trouble at a match are a lot more severe than charges against someone who causes trouble down town on a saturday night.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:44 pm

style c wrote:just to clear up what you think happened at lincoln.the reason both sets of lads refrained from jumping over the divide at each other was nothing to do with the stewards but the fact that police stood in the corner of the ground were filming throughout.also the police were straight on the incident within about 20 seconds baton happy if i remember rightly.thats the reason why it has all but stopped at darlo now as the police know every lad involved and charges against someone who causes trouble at a match are a lot more severe than charges against someone who causes trouble down town on a saturday night.
. . . and because Saturn wasn't aligned correctly with Uranus

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:43 pm

adamReed wrote:
anyone see andy park on the pitch last night?

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Was it part of his sponsored invasion of the pitch, his latest way of raising money for the club.

Sorry Pete, i dont spend my life watching comments and counting them, i was at the game on Tuesday and i was really disgraced by the actions of BOTH supporters ..
Get a life .. Seriously

bigrichiet

Post by bigrichiet » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:21 pm

[quote="style c"]just to clear up what you think happened at lincoln.the reason both sets of lads refrained from jumping over the divide at each other was nothing to do with the stewards but the fact that police stood in the corner of the ground were filming throughout.also the police were straight on the incident within about 20 seconds baton happy if i remember rightly.thats the reason why it has all but stopped at darlo now as the police know every lad involved and charges against someone who causes trouble at a match are a lot more severe than charges against someone who causes trouble down town on a saturday night.[/ thanks, and above and beyond all that you all looked like a bunch of c****.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:23 am

Bovver Boots wrote:The point I was making is that compared to other incidents (non football related) people don't seem half as arsed. My point has been proven with the replies above; bodybags, old men getting beat up, kids being glassed etc etc

Oh and do you honestly think they guy who was stabbed was innocent? You reap what you sow. If he didn't want to get hurt he wouldn't of got involved, same goes for anyone else at the game causing trouble.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8225698.stm

What do you think now?

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:40 am

He was obviously asking for it.

BTW Willphil, your last post describes most footy matches I attend

style c

Post by style c » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:57 pm

bigrichiet wrote:
style c wrote:just to clear up what you think happened at lincoln.the reason both sets of lads refrained from jumping over the divide at each other was nothing to do with the stewards but the fact that police stood in the corner of the ground were filming throughout.also the police were straight on the incident within about 20 seconds baton happy if i remember rightly.thats the reason why it has all but stopped at darlo now as the police know every lad involved and charges against someone who causes trouble at a match are a lot more severe than charges against someone who causes trouble down town on a saturday night.[/ thanks, and above and beyond all that you all looked like a bunch of c****.
typical, look i understand you don't agree with football violence but why then continue to call lads who get involved all the names under the sun from the safety of your home.next time the lads who do go or trouble turn up at a game air your feelings to them there but i doubt you will , instead you'll just sit there looking sheepish as per.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:03 pm

style c wrote:
bigrichiet wrote:
style c wrote:just to clear up what you think happened at lincoln.the reason both sets of lads refrained from jumping over the divide at each other was nothing to do with the stewards but the fact that police stood in the corner of the ground were filming throughout.also the police were straight on the incident within about 20 seconds baton happy if i remember rightly.thats the reason why it has all but stopped at darlo now as the police know every lad involved and charges against someone who causes trouble at a match are a lot more severe than charges against someone who causes trouble down town on a saturday night.[/ thanks, and above and beyond all that you all looked like a bunch of c****.
typical, look i understand you don't agree with football violence but why then continue to call lads who get involved all the names under the sun from the safety of your home.next time the lads who do go or trouble turn up at a game air your feelings to them there but i doubt you will , instead you'll just sit there looking sheepish as per.
Translation: Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough...

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:30 pm

typical, look i understand you don't agree with football violence but why then continue to call lads who get involved all the names under the sun from the safety of your home.next time the lads who do go or trouble turn up at a game air your feelings to them there but i doubt you will , instead you'll just sit there looking sheepish as per.[/quote]

She says tapping away furiously.

Go and give a hoarding a good kicking, they don't fight back

bigrichiet

Post by bigrichiet » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:35 pm

style c wrote:
bigrichiet wrote:
Well, if i do come over and say something i'll make sure there's a 70yr old female steward with ticka trouble and a stick there just to make sure it doesnt all go off

bigrichiet

Post by bigrichiet » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:24 pm

style c wrote:
bigrichiet wrote:

to be fair chief, i find footy violence and the culture dead interesting, there's loads of history between some clubs and some countries and the social aspect and links with fashion/designer clobba etc is quite facinating. I can also totally understand how a facination of something like that can easily become an appreciation but when stuff happens like at the lincoln game it just convinces you that its all 99% plastic. I mean, lets put everything into perspective. How much bother was there before and after that game away from the ground? and dont tell me something like it wasnt possible because this or that. if you showed as much front outside the ground as in then you'd be guaranteed some.

And there's a fallacy about the culture that says only people who wanna get involved get involved, this is on every documentary i've seen and i've heard people i know say it in the past, like there's some sort of gentlemenly unwritten honourable rule that exists. But there are so many examples where this is clearly not the case and so many instances where the 'culture' just represents glorified bullying.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:33 pm

style c wrote:
bigrichiet wrote:
Why would someone air their views against football violence to hooligans intent on starting a fight at the game? Are they likely to say "Ok mate, happy to listen to your side, let's sit down and talk about it", then they'd be sucked in to the very thing they're objecting to :roll: