Histon Manager

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Big Tim
Team Supported: Darlington

Histon Manager

Post by Big Tim » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:59 pm

Don't know whether anybody already knows but Histon player-manager David Livermoore looks set to start tonight. Niw i know player-managers are not uncommon in the non-league scene but not many actually play, this may make no sence but since he is the manager of the histon team will referees be more leiniant with him ot more harsh, explain?

tdk1

Re: Histon Manager

Post by tdk1 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:05 pm

Barrow's joint manager played, and was sent off, against us last week.

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:49 pm

Big Tim wrote:Don't know whether anybody already knows but Histon player-manager David Livermoore looks set to start tonight. Niw i know player-managers are not uncommon in the non-league scene but not many actually play, this may make no sence but since he is the manager of the histon team will referees be more leiniant with him ot more harsh, explain?
Eh? You say that player-managers are not uncommon yet not many actually play? A non-playing player-manager would surely just be a manager?
Mullet69uk on Twitter

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:07 pm

Mullet69 wrote:
Big Tim wrote:Don't know whether anybody already knows but Histon player-manager David Livermoore looks set to start tonight. Niw i know player-managers are not uncommon in the non-league scene but not many actually play, this may make no sence but since he is the manager of the histon team will referees be more leiniant with him ot more harsh, explain?
Eh? You say that player-managers are not uncommon yet not many actually play? A non-playing player-manager would surely just be a manager?

Nigel Clough played a few games for Burton reserves shortly after he became Derby manager - that makes him a non-manager playing manager :lol:

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:22 am

Big Tim wrote:since he is the manager of the histon team will referees be more leiniant with him ot more harsh, explain?
Well I'm certainly not going to say he was lenient......
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:35 am

Mullet69 wrote:
Sorry, i didn't explain properly, what i meant is that they don't really actually start a lot of games, some of them must just be like that to act as cover.

1Superlidds

Post by 1Superlidds » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:21 am

in a game devoid of any physical nastiness, its amazing that the referee managed to send somebody off!
click on Facebook PIMM Productions for the latest on Darlo Till I Die

divas

Post by divas » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:40 am

To be fair to the ref the sending off was warranted. 1st yellow for a clear and deliberate handball, second was a definite yellow card for a late lunge.

He blew up for a lot of petty fouls but at least he didnt dish the cards out un-necessarily. Both Chandler and Wright's cards were also warranted.

jazzydfc

Post by jazzydfc » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:38 pm

Did anyone else think the Histon manager was Kev Smiths love child?