Marco Gabbiadini

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

wellingaway
Team Supported: Darlington

Marco Gabbiadini

Post by wellingaway » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:57 pm

In an interview in the Sunday Times Marco Gabbiadini's only mention of Darlo was when he berated his luck in dropping from the top flight to Darlington in a year. He wondered where it all went wrong. He is no longer a hero of mine. That is all.

AndyPark

Re: Marco Gabbiadini

Post by AndyPark » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:04 pm

There's a link on the Sunday Times website, but it won't let me copy the link as I gotta pay for a subscripstion on their bloody website.

gabbas

Post by gabbas » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:08 pm

wellingaway wrote:In an interview in the Sunday Times Marco Gabbiadini's only mention of Darlo was when he berated his luck in dropping from the top flight to Darlington in a year. He wondered where it all went wrong. He is no longer a hero of mine. That is all.
Didnt we sign him from York?

He will always be a legend for me!!

gabbas

Post by gabbas » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:14 pm

Just checked Wiki and he was playing for Derby county in top flight in 1997 and us in 1998. To be fair it is a big fall from grace!

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:04 pm

gabbas wrote:Just checked Wiki and he was playing for Derby county in top flight in 1997 and us in 1998. To be fair it is a big fall from grace!
He didn't fall as fast as Windass. Prem to Sky sports via Darlo inside a year ;)

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:33 am

wylam_rangers wrote:
gabbas wrote:Just checked Wiki and he was playing for Derby county in top flight in 1997 and us in 1998. To be fair it is a big fall from grace!
He didn't fall as fast as Windass. Prem to Sky sports via Darlo inside a year ;)
To be fair, I think getting on Sky Sports after playing for Darlo is an achievement!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:49 am

wylam_rangers wrote:He didn't fall as fast as Windass. Prem to Sky sports via Darlo inside a year ;)
Ladies & Gentleman, I give you Dean Windass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULneG44e ... re=related

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:31 pm

Marco Gabbiadini, what a guy!!!!!!!!!

The most gifted footballer ever to play for Darlo that I've seen and some of the goals he scored were just brill. The hat trick at Feethams against ( I think ) Exeter when Reynolds first turned up. My all time favorite being away at Peterborough, when he turned, shot and scored in one gracefull movement.

Marco doesn't seem to rate his days at DFC. This to me is disappointing. He doesn't play in the Darlo team at the Masters ( boooo hisssss) he never really speaks about his time at Darlo or comes to see a game, which, lets face it wouldn't take him far from where he lives. Hell's bollocks, he didn't even give the Darlo fans a nod when we played at York a short while ago. He came onto the pitch at half time to give something silly to one of the York Players then bogged off.

He's not a Darlo fan I'm afraid and that's a pity :thumbdown:

If I'd had the skills of Gabbiadini I would have played for Darlo no matter even if Arsenal or Man U had come after me. What could have been.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:47 am

I stayed in Marcos hotel a few yes ago and when I spoke to the guy he was a genuinely decent bloke (this was after I paid the bill!)

he simply said Reynolds wouldn't budge on what he wanted despite all parties knowing he had better offers. So - he gave darlo a chance - we didn't take it so he moved on.

At least he was a true pro and gave it - and us - 100% each match. Unlike many other high profile players who turn up for 1 last pay packet.

Still a darlo legend in my eyes

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:00 am

For me his stand out moment was his goal against Orient away. Straight from 2nd half whistle, took it from the centre circle all the way into the box and scored. We lost 2-1 that day, thanks to a very very very dubious injury time goal!!

BTW, who remembers his debut for us at Sheff Utd in the League Cup - overweight, a mile off the pace, touch of a donkey and subject to more than a few abusive comments that night - a gamble which was not gonna pay off we said. How wrong we were.
Mullet69uk on Twitter

Duffelcoatman

Post by Duffelcoatman » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:51 am

Mullet I remember us all thinking he was fat lazy and past it at Sheff Utd. Oops!

One of a short list of Darlo players from my twenty odd years service who I used to genuinely be excited about going to watch, sense of anticipation that something special was going to happen when he got the ball, even if it was just a flick.

Will never be a Darlo legend in the Liddle sense as he never really loved the club, but provided us with entertainment and hope, which is usually in short supply with Darlo.

Who knows where Darlo are in the parallel universe where we beat Northampton in the run in and Reynolds gave Marco that two year deal!
@hobartpaving76 on twitter

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:20 am

gabbas wrote:Didnt we sign him from York?
His brother Riccardo played for York, don't think Marco ever played for them.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:29 am

We did sign him from York. He was playing for their reserves and Hodgy spotted him when he'd just missed out on someone else if I remember right.

Sent from my HTC Magic using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:34 am

Yeah i bet York were kicking themselves the following season!

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:47 am

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
gabbas wrote:Didnt we sign him from York?
His brother Riccardo played for York, don't think Marco ever played for them.
Gabbas started off at York as a youngster before signing for Sunderland.