Big Screen

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

TinShedDarloFan
Team Supported: Darlington

Big Screen

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:10 am

Wheres it gone to ?, shame to see it go, surely through sponserships it could paid for itself

wylam_rangers

Re: Big Screen

Post by wylam_rangers » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:28 am

TinShedDarloFan wrote:Wheres it gone to ?, shame to see it go, surely through sponserships it could paid for itself
Rumoured to have gone to Sheff Utd. We were leasing it for £600/month apparantly.
I agree that it could have been used more purposefully with adverts, score flashes etc but there are other priorities at the moment.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:36 pm

TinShedDarloFan wrote:Wheres it gone to ?, shame to see it go, surely through sponserships it could paid for itself
I think someone posted earlier in the week that it had been taken out.

Obviously not paying it's way.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

dfc-hardy

Post by dfc-hardy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:56 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:
Rumoured to have gone to Sheff Utd. We were leasing it for £600/month apparantly.
I agree that it could have been used more purposefully with adverts, score flashes etc but there are other priorities at the moment.
Yes exactly right!!! its gone to sheffield united it was costing £600 a month sad to see it go :(

jahdarlo

Post by jahdarlo » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:23 pm

Pointless waste of money. Good to see common sense at last.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:04 pm

Over 7k a year to lease the screen :o Did they get it from Brighthouse or something?

It was nice but a needless luxury, I'm glad to see shot of it

ShrewsX

Post by ShrewsX » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:07 pm

Anyone else notice the extensive damage to the seats behind where it was? Didn't look good.

On a side note, I thought the whole Arena looked very very tatty. The seats are fading fast, the green mould on the structure, peeling paint in places...

I know its not a high priority (in our current state) but I thought the whole thing was depressing.

Shrews
Season 2009/10 - They think its all over.... It is now. Darlo FC, Blue Square Premier 2010/11

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:28 pm

ShrewsX wrote:Anyone else notice the extensive damage to the seats behind where it was? Didn't look good.

On a side note, I thought the whole Arena looked very very tatty. The seats are fading fast, the green mould on the structure, peeling paint in places...

I know its not a high priority (in our current state) but I thought the whole thing was depressing.

Shrews
Oh God - don't bother coming back if that's all you can contribute!

Go and have a look at Hereford, Cheltenham etc down there before you start knocking "your own?" team - or send us a donation.

You're turning into an arrogant southern twat and my piss is boiling again!!

ShrewsX

Post by ShrewsX » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:33 pm

I did say that I know its not priority! We are very lucky to have a club. But the ground hasn't aged well!

It didn't spoil my day in any way, and its not like we need the seats, or for them to be the correct shade of red, but I was surprised at the damage!

Its early days for Raj and his team, and I hope things change. I'm not jumping on him or anything, but yesterday was the first game I have been to in ages, and I thought the whole thing was quite a shock to the system to see what has changed.

Shrews
Season 2009/10 - They think its all over.... It is now. Darlo FC, Blue Square Premier 2010/11

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:41 pm

ShrewsX wrote:I did say that I know its not priority! We are very lucky to have a club. But the ground hasn't aged well!

It didn't spoil my day in any way, and its not like we need the seats, or for them to be the correct shade of red, but I was surprised at the damage!

Its early days for Raj and his team, and I hope things change. I'm not jumping on him or anything, but yesterday was the first game I have been to in ages, and I thought the whole thing was quite a shock to the system to see what has changed.

Shrews
Thanks for that quick reply. Perhaps you can now see the heartache we've been going through.

We need positives now and knocking even blatant faults will not help. The Club needs constructive help - they've been drifting for too long.

crapname

Post by crapname » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:14 pm

Surely Mr Shrews is allowed to have an opinion?

Great that we didnt go to the wall etc but we are presumably still allowed to be critical of the club that we support, if need be.

Personally I dont care what colour the seats are, all 25,000 of the empty fuckers

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:19 pm

23,573 of the empty f :silent: :o kers ! bye bye big worse of money screen :wave:

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:34 pm

wylam_rangers wrote: Thanks for that quick reply. Perhaps you can now see the heartache we've been going through.

We need positives now and knocking even blatant faults will not help. The Club needs constructive help - they've been drifting for too long.
I think you'll find, we're all Darlo fans.
We've all been suffering from this situation for months so lets not turn on each other.

Personally I think that as nice as the screen was it was totally needless for a League 2 stadium.
We should never have had it in the first place if it was going to be such an expense.
A decent scoreboard would have done it.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:37 pm

BishopQuaker wrote:
wylam_rangers wrote: Thanks for that quick reply. Perhaps you can now see the heartache we've been going through.

I think you'll find, we're all Darlo fans.
We've all been suffering from this situation for months so lets not turn on each other.

Personally I think that as nice as the screen was it was totally needless for a League 2 stadium.
We should never have had it in the first place if it was going to be such an expense.
Sorry BQ but we don't have an L2 stadium.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:39 pm

Well that's always been the problem.

Went to get a beer at half time yesterday and it looked like we were being served by a tuckshop in a warehouse.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:55 pm

BishopQuaker wrote:[We should never have had it in the first place if it was going to be such an expense.
The way we are scoring at the moment, that would have been a waste of money too!!

TwoSaints

Post by TwoSaints » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:59 pm

Would have prefered just a clock/scoreboard in the first place, i am terrible at keeping an eye on the time using my watch :|

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:03 am

Something like what Boro have would of been ideal, scoreboard at eith side of the groud

SteveSC

Post by SteveSC » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:57 am

If its true that its been costing £600 a month I'm suprised it has lasted so long. Shouldn't this bit of uneccesary expenditure have been targetted by the administrators long ago when they were sacking people and generally cutting costs to a minimum.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:14 pm

I never understood why they just used the screen to show the match that was going on directly beneath it (with the occasional replay), it just seemed like a waste of money and I thought they would have used it more for advertising. I'm guessing they probably thought of that and there was some reason why this wouldn't have worked, but it still seems odd.

They could always just stick an old 32" in the corner of the stadium, I'm sure that would be a lot cheaper. You could even hook it up to a karaoke machine for some high quality half-time entertainment. Should I put this in the "Ideas to be forwarded to the club" thread?

No? Ok.

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:23 pm

SteveSC wrote:If its true that its been costing £600 a month I'm suprised it has lasted so long. Shouldn't this bit of uneccesary expenditure have been targetted by the administrators long ago when they were sacking people and generally cutting costs to a minimum.
You're making the mistake of thinking that our admin team had even the faintest idea of what they were doing.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:37 pm

Darlo_H wrote:
SteveSC wrote:If its true that its been costing £600 a month I'm suprised it has lasted so long. Shouldn't this bit of uneccesary expenditure have been targetted by the administrators long ago when they were sacking people and generally cutting costs to a minimum.
You're making the mistake of thinking that our admin team had even the faintest idea of what they were doing.
They switched it off to save electricity but it took 5 months to work out that they'd paid £3000 in rent :shock:

divas

Post by divas » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:42 pm

it was switched off as we stopped leasing it, it was left in situ until a new owner was found.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:31 pm

divas wrote:it was switched off as we stopped leasing it, it was left in situ until a new owner was found.
TY - I stand corrected :thumbup:

Obviously not like "Radio Rentals" - they'd have been round quick as a flash!

RH79

Post by RH79 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:55 am

It might have been repossesed - perhaps the baliffs took it away! If it was costing £600 per month then we can do without it!

It never really seemed to be used to the full potential anyway. I think we can manage without it.