When??

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

wardie
Team Supported: Darlington

When??

Post by wardie » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:47 am

When will players come out and say "The only reason i joined this club is because there offered more money then any other team"

just like tevez he didn't want to join liverpool because there rivials to Man Utd, so he joins Man City i'm sure there play in the same city and fans hate each other

fat tony

Re: When??

Post by fat tony » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:51 am

A worse case was Jermain Pennant going to Real Zaragoza, he'd probably never even heard of them before he signed. The deal he got from them is crazy money and he clearly joined just for the £. Its money-desperate pampered little chavs like him that are putting me off the game.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:25 am

pennant, never heard of zaragoza, come on.....

RH79

Post by RH79 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:36 am

Divas - i think you might be right! Although i am sure he has gone for a combination of money and the fact that no in the UK wanted him/will touch him!

cwisstoffhur

Post by cwisstoffhur » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:59 am

wardie wrote:When will players come out and say "The only reason i joined this club is because there offered more money then any other team"

just like tevez he didn't want to join liverpool because there rivials to Man Utd, so he joins Man City i'm sure there play in the same city and fans hate each other
City fans hate man united, united fans dont really care since practically none of them live in manchester anyway. He'll fit into citys style of play perfectly. The thing im likely about city is they're spending all this money sensibly and only buying players they need rather than becoming a UK real madrid.
It's Clobberin' Time

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:01 am

he's been a bit of a bad lad, but he has undoubted talent, he played the majority of liverpool's games the season before last and was one of their most consistent players.

maybe a move to spain might keep the lad out of trouble a bit and he can concentrate on his football.

Norm_D_Ploom

Post by Norm_D_Ploom » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:26 am

I agree Divas, to me he is a much better winger then SWP ( how is that man an international footballer ?) or Aaronn Lennon.

He may not have their pace, but if you are striker you can make your run and know that 8 or 9 times out of ten the ball will come into the box.

wardie

Post by wardie » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:52 am

Nothing to do with the free car free villa and 55 grand a week

but zaragoza will always hold a small part of my heart

That Nayim goal against Arsneal was pure genius

fcdarlo

Post by fcdarlo » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:50 pm

cwisstoffhur wrote:
wardie wrote:The thing im likely about city is they're spending all this money sensibly and only buying players they need rather than becoming a UK real madrid.
Spending on players they need, they have 8 first team strikers at the club and still want Adebeyor to make 9 if he goes they will have as many forwards as defenders at the club, back to the old 2 - 3 - 5 formation perhaps. They scored more goals than anyone outside the top 4 last season, yet shipped as many as anyone outside the bottom 3 (ish). So to me they need to strengthen at the back and in midfield, they have done that with 1 player Barry.

I'm not saying they are not a better team with the players brought in this summer, but to say buying players they need is stretching it a little.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:25 pm

fcdarlo wrote:
cwisstoffhur wrote:
wardie wrote:The thing im likely about city is they're spending all this money sensibly and only buying players they need rather than becoming a UK real madrid.
Spending on players they need, they have 8 first team strikers at the club and still want Adebeyor to make 9 if he goes they will have as many forwards as defenders at the club, back to the old 2 - 3 - 5 formation perhaps. They scored more goals than anyone outside the top 4 last season, yet shipped as many as anyone outside the bottom 3 (ish). So to me they need to strengthen at the back and in midfield, they have done that with 1 player Barry.

I'm not saying they are not a better team with the players brought in this summer, but to say buying players they need is stretching it a little.
Well said that man, I was just about to make that very same point.

Santa Cruz
Bellamy
Robinho
Tevez
Adebayor

...and that's just off the top of my head.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:43 pm

wardie wrote:Nothing to do with the free car free villa and 55 grand a week

but zaragoza will always hold a small part of my heart

That Nayim goal against Arsneal was pure genius
55k a week in the current climate is pretty reserved, especially for a free transfer

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:47 pm

Hilly wrote: Well said that man, I was just about to make that very same point.

Santa Cruz
Bellamy
Robinho
Tevez
Adebayor

Caicedo, Bojinov & Evans are the other 3 and Jo has gone back on loan to Everton.

Robinho will play midfield so Santa Cruz, Adebayor and Tevez are effectively fighting for 2 places with Bellamy fourth choice and Caicedo & Bojinov totally out of the picture and Evans going out on loan.

They could definitely do with a defence!

fcdarlo

Post by fcdarlo » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:05 pm

divas wrote:
Hilly wrote: Well said that man, I was just about to make that very same point.

Santa Cruz
Bellamy
Robinho
Tevez
Adebayor

Caicedo, Bojinov & Evans are the other 3 and Jo has gone back on loan to Everton.

Robinho will play midfield so Santa Cruz, Adebayor and Tevez are effectively fighting for 2 places with Bellamy fourth choice and Caicedo & Bojinov totally out of the picture and Evans going out on loan.

They could definitely do with a defence!
Robinho left Real cos he got stuck out on the wing, I am sure he is going to love that at City too.

I presume they see 4 strikers as Santa Cruz / Adebeyor ie the target man, Bellamy / Tevez / Robinho as the little man, with Tevez and Robinho able to play elsewhere, ie out wide or in the hole.

They are throwing money at bench warmers, and thats ok if it's an Ole Gunnar Solskjær who is happy to sit there, but Adebayor, Robinho, Tevez, Bellamy they all love too not play.

They need to shore up at the back, Given and Bridge are solid, but they can't do it on there own, I know they are chasing Terry & Lescott but they will do well to get one of them, if Richards can find some form then they have in theory:

Given
Richards Lescott Dunne Bridge

but very short on cover, i can see them struggling again this year with Hughes gone in Dec and a caretaker in charge until Jose comes in Next Summer to start again.

Notts_Quaker

Post by Notts_Quaker » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:46 pm

wardie wrote:When will players come out and say "The only reason i joined this club is because there offered more money then any other team"

I would have a lot more respect for players if they were honest and turned round and said "the offer was too good to turn down". I'm fed up with this "ambitiuous club" bollox.

Lets face it no one would turn down crazy money, especially as City are throwing money at players for no reason, £155k a week for Adebeyor! He'd have been on no where near that at Arsenal and Tevez is earning about £50k more than he was at United.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:56 pm

Notts_Quaker wrote: I would have a lot more respect for players if they were honest and turned round and said "the offer was too good to turn down". I'm fed up with this "ambitiuous club" bollox.
how would you define an ambitious club then? not one that has spent around £100m so far this pre-season in the hope of winning the league in the next couple of years?

Notts_Quaker

Post by Notts_Quaker » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:08 pm

divas wrote:
Notts_Quaker wrote: I would have a lot more respect for players if they were honest and turned round and said "the offer was too good to turn down". I'm fed up with this "ambitiuous club" bollox.
how would you define an ambitious club then? not one that has spent around £100m so far this pre-season in the hope of winning the league in the next couple of years?

That's not the point, yes they obviously are ambitious but so are Everton, Villa, Spurs etc. The point was that they clearly only went for the money.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:11 pm

Notts_Quaker wrote:
divas wrote:

That's not the point, yes they obviously are ambitious but so are Everton, Villa, Spurs etc. The point was that they clearly only went for the money.
but it is the point - surely the most ambitious club is the club that spends the most to try and attract the best players, thats the definition of ambitious. im sure villa/spurs etc are ambitious, but not to the extent that city are as they cant buy the same calibre of player

a lot of things can be levied against man city, but lack of ambition isnt one of them!