Strikeforce Saturday

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

Strikeforce Saturday

Post by Quakerz » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:41 pm

With The HITMAN being suspended for 2 matches and Campbell seemingly out for a couple of weeks, what strike force would you play?

I hope Cooper plays Wright and Senior, because Modest and Senior will NEVER work in a million years.

Tell Tommy this is his big chance, and see what he can do over these couple of games.

Wright and Senior up top, with Smith and Modest on the bench.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

divas

Re: Strikeforce Saturday

Post by divas » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:45 pm

Got to be Wright and Senior for me, thankfully its only FGR, altho Hatch also missing against Kidderminster could be a pain.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:47 pm

Smith & Senior for me. Wright has been woeful when starting, apart from Bristol Rovers in the cup.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:49 pm

Agree with you there Q, we need a tough sort of guy upfront and Tommy can do that, I just think the Senior, Modest partnership will get bullied by strong 6ft + defenders.

Despite Modest being the same height as Tommy he lacks physical + Ariel threat.

I see Modest being used as a last 20 min striker, his pace against part-time tiring opposition can be lethal.

ambiente

Post by ambiente » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:49 pm

Smith and Senior for me as well, Wright to come on in the last twenty minutes or so if needed.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:50 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:Agree with you there Q, we need a tough sort of guy upfront and Tommy can do that, I just think the Senior, Modest partnership will get bullied by strong 6ft + defenders.

Despite Modest being the same height as Tommy he lacks physical + Ariel threat.

I see Modest being used as a last 20 min striker, his pace against part-time tiring opposition can be lethal.
And I see Modest as a sort of send him back asap sort of striker.

Modest and Senior did nowt against a hopeless Eastbourne that we stuck 6 past.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

divas

Post by divas » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:52 pm

Quakerz - what do you think of the news that Modest was responsible for Campbell's injury?

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:57 pm

divas wrote:Quakerz - what do you think of the news that Modest was responsible for Campbell's injury?
Stop poking the bear!

Darlo_Fanatic

Post by Darlo_Fanatic » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:03 pm

No one mentioned Main it was only the other month he looked good and seemed to be showing potential. You think he will leave at the end of the season ?
DARLO FANATIC

Supporting DARLO might be a heartache but it's a heartache I chose to have.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:05 pm

divas wrote:Quakerz - what do you think of the news that Modest was responsible for Campbell's injury?
He what? :evil:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:06 pm

Darlo_Fanatic wrote:No one mentioned Main it was only the other month he looked good and seemed to be showing potential. You think he will leave at the end of the season ?
Hopefully, he's not up to it.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:58 pm

I think he'll start with Smith and Modest, maybe Senior if he's fit enough. Wright or Main stepping up to the bench.

Hatch will be a huge miss, that's for sure.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:55 pm

Smith and Senior. Our recent run has coincided with us keeping the ball better, and getting the likes of MBW / Verma on it more. Smith will keep the ball, and bring others in to play, Wright will not.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:27 pm

Yeah but Smith will offer no goal threat and Modest is pap. We've got to start Senior for my money.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:31 pm

Just listened to Cooper's interview after the game the other night. When commenting on Campbell, he said that he had broken his hand in an innocuous incident, nobody around him, fell on the floor and broke two of his knuckles.
Said he was seeing a surgeon on the Wednesday who would determine whether he would need an operation or not. If he did they were looking at 6 weeks out, if he didn't they would look at getting him back for Saturday
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:33 pm

quakersam wrote:Just listened to Cooper's interview after the game the other night. When commenting on Campbell, he said that he had broken his hand in an innocuous incident, nobody around him, fell on the floor and broke two of his knuckles.
Said he was seeing a surgeon on the Wednesday who would determine whether he would need an operation or not. If he did they were looking at 6 weeks out, if he didn't they would look at getting him back for Saturday
Today it's been said that Campbell is out for 3 weeks.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:34 pm

Pfft, what does a football player need knuckles for? They need two good feet, and a head.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:35 pm

wylam_rangers wrote:
quakersam wrote:Just listened to Cooper's interview after the game the other night. When commenting on Campbell, he said that he had broken his hand in an innocuous incident, nobody around him, fell on the floor and broke two of his knuckles.
Where?

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:38 pm

Quakerz wrote:
wylam_rangers wrote:
Where?
On Tees via Coops' pressa today.

eddierowlesbeard

Post by eddierowlesbeard » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:08 am

Darlofan97 wrote:Despite Modest being the same height as Tommy he lacks physical + Ariel threat.

Wot, me?

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:55 pm

IIRC, Smith and Senior were the starting strikers against Forest Green when we beat them earlier in the season, Smith creating Chandler's goal with some very good footwork, albeit they were playing wide in the 4-3-3 that we played early in the season. Can't remember whether Hatch played up top in that one or not, I have a feeling he was in defence.

I think a lot will depend on Wright's attitude in training this week as to whether he gets his go starting, as I reckon Cooper will probably have the same doubts we have. Senior and Modest came on last weekend for game time if you ask me,Senior after his injury, Modest to try to build his confidence and get him sharp, I really doubt Cooper would play them together.

Would be nice if Cooper was pulling a Fergie re. Campbell, but I doubt it.