Bossu

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

RUMPLESTILTSKIN
Team Supported: Darlington

Bossu

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:30 pm

leaves Scotland and returns to France, surprised it took so long. :D
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

Makka Pakka

Re: Bossu

Post by Makka Pakka » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:47 pm

Speaking of ex-keepers, I see Mike Pollitt is still getting the odd game in the Premiership. Who'd have thought that 15 years ago when he signed for us?

Yes - 15 years :shock:
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:51 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:Speaking of ex-keepers, I see Mike Pollitt is still getting the odd game in the Premiership. Who'd have thought that 15 years ago when he signed for us?

Keepers go on forever - CT is after his old mate Shilts as cover for Knight!! :shifty:

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:56 pm

My over-riding memory of Pollitt was away at Hyde Utd when he told a Darlo fan to "shut the fuck up" when walking back to take a goal kick. We were one down and someone shouted something critical. He said it with so much feeling, everyone stopped in silence.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

TeessideQuaker

Post by TeessideQuaker » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:27 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:Speaking of ex-keepers, I see Mike Pollitt is still getting the odd game in the Premiership. Who'd have thought that 15 years ago when he signed for us?

He had a nightmare apparently a couple of weeks ago against Blackpool.

RH79

Post by RH79 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:44 am

Is it that long ago? My God i feel old!

OHDFC

Post by OHDFC » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:49 am

Didn't he do that air kick at the time of the Bruce Grobbellaar Hans Segers match throwning allegations? I think against Barnet, Sean Gregan rolled the ball back to him and under no pressure at all he took a huge swipe, missed it completely and it trickled over the line for I think the only goal.

I never thought Polly was as good as Freddy or Colly, but well done to him - shows what I know about football...

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:59 am

Yes, that's right, I thought someone would post that!

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:06 am

Pollitts keepy up's in front of the tin-shed whilst playing for Rotherham is my biggest memory of him ! Typically cant remember a particularly good darlo one !
Think before posting

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:36 am

OHDFC wrote:Didn't he do that air kick at the time of the Bruce Grobbellaar Hans Segers match throwning allegations? I think against Barnet, Sean Gregan rolled the ball back to him and under no pressure at all he took a huge swipe, missed it completely and it trickled over the line for I think the only goal.

I never thought Polly was as good as Freddy or Colly, but well done to him - shows what I know about football...
Watching that back on telly it was clear the ball bobbled just before he tried to kick it so its unfair to blame either him or Gregan, more like Tommo :lol: